Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to be offered in 11 variants and 7 colours
- Sigma, Delta and Zeta variants for both petrol and diesel
- Petrol engine is a new 1.5-litre mild hybrid producing 104bhp/138Nm
- Both engines will get a five-speed manual while petrol also gets a four-speed AT
- New fascia and tail lamps on the outside
- Bookings opened at all Nexa dealerships since August 10 and amount set at Rs 11,000
Its official, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will be offered in 11 variants (7 petrol, 4 diesel) and 7 colour options. This is the first major update for Japanese automaker’s C-segment sedan and will see it get visual updates as well as new petrol engine.
The visual updates comprise a new grille, tail lamps and design for the alloy wheels. The cabin, in terms of layout, remains the same but spy shots reveal wood grain inserts have been added to the beige and black cabin.
The biggest update is, of course, the new the 1.5-litre mild-hybrid petrol engine. It is good for 104bhp/138Nm and will be offered with a five-speed manual/four-speed AT. This engine is also expected to power the next-generation Ertiga and a petrol powered version of the S-Cross. In terms of diesels, it will be the 1.3-litre Multijet which will be offered here in the DDiS200 state of tune.
The Ciaz is Maruti Suzuki’s competitor for the likes of the Hyundai Verna, Honda City, Volkswagen Vento, Skoda Rapid and the Toyota Yaris in the C-segment of the Indian car market.