The Vitara Brezza has been dominating the utility vehicle segment since its launch in the country. Reports indicate that Maruti has already received over two lakh bookings and the automaker has already sold over 90,000 units as of January 31, 2017. By the end of this month, it is likely that the numbers might soar to over two lakh bookings. Surging demand for the vehicle has now pushed the waiting period close to seven months.
The Lotus Esprit was immortalised in its white livery when Roger Moore drove the exclusive British sportscar in the 70s. It has been four decades since the Esprit made its silver screen debut and Lotus is celebrating it with a one-off Evora. Lotus makes 120 Evoras in a year and this one is a part of its special operations project.
In efforts to make cars safer and more advanced than ever before, American automaker Ford is working on developing pothole warning beam system that is well equipped to identify potholes and suggest alternative routes. Along with saving up on damages caused due to potholes, the system will also help prevent major accidents that occur every year due to bad road conditions.
Diesel cars which once were once seen a budget option in the long term, is now no longer considered to be a viable option. Reports indicate that back in July 2012 diesel cars contributed to around 52 per cent of overall sales while petrol cars held the other 48 per cent. The numbers have now dropped by less than a half with 27 per cent of diesel vehicles sold in the country between April-September in 2016.
In recent times, automakers around the world have been working on introducing mass scale electric vehicles. In efforts to strengthen its market presence, Peugeot has revealed its plans to expand the electric vehicle range with the Partner Tepee electric vehicle. The electric version of the vehicle will be introduced at the upcoming Geneva Motor show which will be held in March 2017.