- 1.2-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel but not AT option as yet
- Ambinente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium+ across both fuels
- All variants to get ABS with EBD and dual front airbags
- Front power windows standard for all models
- 2 years/ 100,000km warranty
- Six colour options
The Ford Freestyle will be a new crossover that the American automaker is adding to its line up in India. It is their entry-level SUV style vehicle and is slotted below the EcoSport with launch likely to happen mid year.
While the base model does get a decent number of features, the top-of-the-line Freestyle (Titanium+ petrol/diesel) comes fully loaded for a car in this price range. You get six airbags, hill start assist, ESP, traction control programme, climate control, auto head lamps, rain sensing wipers, button start and SYNC3 infotainment system.
When launched, the Freestyle will compete with similar such vehicles like the Toyota Etios Cross, Fiat Urban Cross, Hyundai Active i20. It is expected to be priced in the range Rs 5.5 lakhs to Rs 8 lakhs which means it will also take on the premium B-segment hatchbacks and the compact sedans.
We will be driving the Ford Freestyle shortly and you can check back on CarWale for its First Drive Review soon.