The road to a world free of COVID-19 is slowly emerging and its forced changes in every aspect of our daily lives. By adopting strict distancing rules, improving cleanliness at every step and changing the way we travel, this pandemic is slowly but surely being brought under control. Cars have emerged as one of the safest ways to travel and BMW India has announced a whole bunch of measures to make buying and servicing their cars easier and safer.
While BMW dealerships and service centres follow strict cleanliness protocols and distancing rules, the company has invested in digital tools to minimise risk even further. Contactless systems have been put in place to reduce the chances of the virus spreading while a new detailed and dedicated website, along with new video call features are being used to make buying and servicing cars more convenient. Here’s a brief look at BMW India’s measures:
New but familiar logo
BMW’s brand identity has changed to reflect its new attitude in this new era. The famous roundel has received a fresh redesign, only the fifth time since it was first used in 1917. The bolder, simpler new design reflects the openness and adoption of digitization by BMW. In India, the brand identity is reflected by steps taken by the company to help customers search, buy and service their own mode of driving pleasure from the safety of their homes.
Inviting those who #JustCantWait
With lockdown being eased from many parts of India, BMW India wants to connect with those who just can’t wait for things to get back to normal. Check out the video below:
Easy Start Plan
BMW India has announced a range of offers to help customers buy their dream BMW, targeting lower cost of ownership in both the short and long term as well as flexibility.
1) 40 per cent lower EMIs - Customers can avail a special facility where EMIs have been reduced by 40 per cent as compared to the standard EMI for a period of up to 2.5 years. This should help them save more and manage their finances better in these times of uncertainty.
2) Zero down payment - Additional savings can be made up front with the optional offer of zero per cent down payment for a car purchase via BMW India Financial Services.
3) Zero loan restructure charges - Customers have the choice to restructure their loans as they want, when they want and not pay any penalties for the same. The flexibility offered will be especially helpful when the overall financial situation improves later.
4) Introductory special interest rates - BMW India is offering a low interest rate of 5.99 per cent on the 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series GT and the X3, and 6.99 per cent on the X1 for a limited time through BMW India Financial Services.
5) BMW 360° - This offer allows for lower ownership costs with lower EMIs and complimentary service and maintenance packages. A guaranteed buy back offer on the 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series GT, X and X3 also makes it a very attractive proposition.
6) BMW Flexi Offer - Apart from choosing good financing deals from BMW India Financial Services, customers can also choose various service, warranty and repair packages. This removes hassles of higher service and repair bills later.
Advanced Hygiene Packages
BMW is offering premium car care products to customers to help keep their cars sanitised and safe. There are three packages on offer:
1) Full Car package - offers the complete set of exterior and interior cleaning tools and interior sanitising tools.
2) Air package - consists of tools specifically designed to keep the AC system, 2.5 PM filter and ioniser available in every BMW car clean and clear.
3) Interior package - tools specific to keeping the interior of any BMW car clean and germ-free. This includes a glass cleaner, interior cleaner, leather care set, leather foam cleaner and microfibre clothes.
Since April 2020, BMW has offered a complete digital alternative to its already robust sales and service network in India. The Contactless Experience allows buyers to check out brand new or used BMW cars, configure them to their needs, choose finance options and pay online through a seamless website. Existing customers can also use this facility to book a service. This is backed by real-time interaction with dealer representatives via video chat to clear any doubts.
All of these features can be explored in detail via the BMW Contactless Experience website here.