BMW added the acclaimed petrol version of its 3 Series, the 330i, to their Indian portfolio in May this year
BMW 3 Series
Variant name Price 1995cc, Diesel, Automatic, 22.69 kmpl ₹ 39.79 Lakhs 1995cc, Diesel, Automatic, 22.69 kmpl ₹ 41.4 Lakhs 1995cc, Diesel, Automatic, 22.69 kmpl ₹ 45.29 Lakhs 1998cc, Petrol, Automatic, 16.05 kmpl ₹ 47.3 Lakhs
Sorry, no matching variants found.
BMW 3 Series Review
The BMW 3 Series has been one of the best cars to buy in the entry-level premium luxury segment for a long time. With its superior handling and space, the 3 Series used to be a winner. Now, after the new C-Class and the upcoming Audi A4, BMW has upped its ante with the new 3 Series.
As a part of its midlife makeover, the 3 Series facelift comes with subtle design upgrades to stay competitive and fresh. In terms of changes, the only visible updates come in the form of revised headlamps and a slightly altered front bumper. Globally, BMW is offering full-LED headlamps as an optional extra and they get bold ‘eyebrow’ indicators. Meanwhile, standard headlight units get restyled LED daytime running lights. The India-spec 3 Series is expected to come with the latter units. At the rear, the entire 3 Series range now gets LED treatment for the taillights as standard.
For 2015, BMW has improved the overall quality and the ergonomics. As a result, the new 3 Series is laden with a lot of high-gloss plastics and chrome bits. Additionally, BMW has also made GPS navigation as a standard feature across the range.
It continues to get all the premium features like dual-zone climate control with vents for rear passenger, cruise control, power adjustable seats with memory function, electrically operated sunroof, automatic headlamps and rain sensing wipers. The upholstery is in leather. The infotainment system gets a display screen and can also be accessed through the steering mounted audio controls.
Engine and Gearbox
BMW has concentrated mainly on the drivetrain for the 3 Series facelift. This new model comes with a four-cylinder 'TwinPower' turbo diesel engine. It produces 190bhp of power and 400Nm of torque. The current 8-speed automatic gearbox will be carried over as well. We also get the BMW M3 with the 3.0-litre twin-turbo petrol engine that belts out 431bhp of power.
Price and Competition
The 3 Series facelift will continue to compete with other premium sedans including the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the Volvo S60, the Jaguar XE and the upcoming new generation of the Audi A4.
BMW 3 Series Colours
3 Series is available/sold in the following colours in India.
BMW 3 Series Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||Engine Capacity||Mileage|
BMW 3 Series Expert Reviews
3 Series Features
- Drive and Transmission
- 8-Speed Steptronic Sport Automatic Transmission
- BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- Rear wheel drive
- Servotronic steering assist
- Launch Control Function
- BMW Lines
- Sport Line
- Entry sills 'BMW'
- Exclusive design features in Black High-gloss
- Exterior Equipment
- LED headlights with four LED DRL light rings
- LED Fog lights
- Heat protection glazing
- Rain sensor and automatic driving lights
- Interior Equipment
- Front armrest, sliding with storage compartment
- Centre armrest in rear with 2 cup holders
- Gearshift paddles
- Glass sunroof, electric
- Lights package with ambient lighting
- Multifunction Sport leather steering wheel
- Roller sunblinds for rear & rear side windows
- Smokers package
- Start/Stop button
- Sport seats for driver and front passenger
- Storage compartment package
- Floor mats in velour
- BMW ConnectedDrive
- BMW Apps
- BMW Head-Up display with full colour
- Navigation system Professional with 3D maps
- Rear View Camera
- Technical Data
- Automatic Start/Stop function
- Brake Energy Regeneration
- CO2 Emission g/km
- Fuel Economy km/l
- Safety Features
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Electronic vehicle immobiliser and crash sensor
- ISOFIX child seat mounting
- Tyre pressure indicator
- Runflat tyres with reinforced side walls
- Emergency Spare Wheel
- Side-impact protection
- Warning triangle with first-aid kit
- Sensatec Black/Red highlight | Black
- Sensatec Veneto Beige | Veneto Beige
- Alloy Wheels
- Road Side Assistance 24x7
- BMW Service Inclusive
- BSI Basic
- BSI Plus
- BSI Plus with Repair Inclusive
BMW 3 Series in News
The 3 Series will enter into its seventh generation, codenamed G20.
We’ve given you the race report, a detailed look into the race car and now, here is what it takes to be a race car driver.
It had been a while since I had been to race track. In the course of my many years of journalism, going to the race track usually meant a lap or two