- Yesterday we had reported about Maruti Suzuki’s plans to reopen the Manesar facility this week. However, we now have reports that the small car major has deferred its decision on the plant till Friday. Also, the government of Haryana has confirmed that the facility will get heavy police protection when its resumes production. Click Here for More
- Fiat, Ford and Volkswagen will possibly delay launch of their small cars in Indian market due to unfavourable market conditions. The depreciating rupee, high petrol prices and inflation have hit the volumes and in turn profit margins of all car makers – and these are already minimal in the small car segment. Click Here for More
- Our friends at Autocarma have once again caught the new Ford Figo facelift test mule; showing exterior changes in the new car. More importantly, this mule is in sparkling blue colour, which is not offered with the current Figo. Click Here for More
- Ford India has reached landmark of selling 2,00,000 units of the Figo in the domestic and international market. To celebrate the occasion with the festive season in South India, the company has opened a new 3S dealership, Kairali Ford in Muvattupuzha, in Kerala.
- Former president and managing director of GM India, Mr Karl Slym, (currently board member SGMW Motors, China) will return to India as the managing director of Tata Motors from 1 October.
- General Motor will unveil a new compact SUV called the Chevrolet Trax at the 2012 Paris Motor Show in September. The new model based on the Buick Encore and Opel Mokka is expected to be a direct competitor to the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster. Looking at the growing demand for SUVs and MUVs here, the Chevrolet Trax might come to India soon after its global launch. Click Here for More
- Autos Okezone (Indonesia) has reported that the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga might get a petrol variant in near future. We are not sure if this will be specifically for exports or the Indian version might also get the auto transmission and few extra features. But it won’t be very difficult fitting an AT on the Ertiga, since the Dzire with a smaller K-series engine already has one.
- Mercedes Benz has recalled the 2012 and 2013 M-Class in US for changing the all season floor mats. The German car maker fears that the floor mat could entrap the accelerator pedal, which would then continue to remain pressed even after lifting the foot. Mercedes has recommended the owners to remove the floor mats for the time being.
The CarWale Daily Fuel is your quick daily dose of automotive news from India and around the world. If you want to know whatever's in the news but want it short and sweet, here's your solution.