- Will be based on a new platform
- To offer more space and features than its predecessors
- Likely to get 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engine options with eight-speed automatic gearbox
The upcoming third generation BMW X3 is indeed one of the most awaited vehicles to be launched this year. Speaking of SUVs in India, the X3 has been one of the most popular choices among the premium car buying fraternity. Due for launch on 19 April, the new model is claimed to be larger, more fuel efficient and also offer more features than its predecessor. Here is what can be expect from the new-gen BMW X3
- Is based on a new platform which makes it larger and roomier than its predecessors.
- The vehicle gets new full LED headlamps, LED hexagonal fog lamps, full LED 3D tail lamps and a redesigned front grille for freshness.
- This time around, it also gets larger air intakes and tweaked bumpers that give it a sportier appeal.
- A set of 18-inch wheels are offered as standard, while 21-inch wheels are limited to the top-spec variant.
- Entering into its third generation now, the new BMW X3 gets a new cabin which is based on the new design philosophy.
- It gets a large touchscreen system on top with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard, while gesture control will be optional.
- The SUV gets interior ambient lighting options.
- Unlike the usual monochrome setup, the heads up display has a colour readout.
- The boot space has also been increased for more practicality.
- Additionally, it will offer more space for the occupants
It is believed that the new BMW X3 will be powered by the 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engine options. Both are expected to be paired to an eight-speed automatic gearbox. Post launch, the third-generation model will compete against the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5 and the recently introduced new Volvo XC60.