Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

This car is for enthusiasts only

A user review on Volkswagen Polo. Written by Dr Yogesh D on 16 July, 2016

Price: ₹ 5.72 - 9.72L
Dr Yogesh D's Ratings
Own a Volkswagen Polo?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : GT TSI
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres
Fuel Economy : 16 kpl
Good : Performance, response, fuel economy
Bad : Tyres could have been better

Exterior It is a design that doesn't age, looks stunning, the only problem in a country such as India is that motorists, particularly the autorikshaw and bike riders will ruin it because they have no freaking clue as to how to drive or ride.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort) The driver's and front passenger seats are confortable and there is loads of space available, and with the driver's seat equiped with manual height adjustment (which is quite easy to operate, thanks to hydraulics), and stearing wheel having the option of rake and reach adjustment, you can relax and be seated in a very comfortable position for some pretty long drives, I have done in the tunes of thousand kilometer stretches without wearing out. Stearing wheel controls are a gift.

My only gripe with the equipement is, could have added a gps navigation system.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox Engine is exuisite, It is a pleasure to drive this car, and I have crossed 170 KM mark on highways, I would love to reach the top speed, but the roads do not allow that. Fuel economy depends entirely on your driving style, on a cold morning, if you are running without the AC on, you can easily go beyond the company claimed ARI figures of 17.2, I have reached an economy figure of 19.6 on this beauty. Gearbox is adaptive, and it gets used to your driving style, Mine has become so well tuned to my driving needs, that I have absolutely no lag in response whenever I need it, and if I am doing a highway run, it cruises along so well and so quitely that you never notice any gear changes and within no time you will be in the 7th gear. This is it's best feature, no drama, I am wonderstruck.

Ride Quality & Handling Ride quality has been exceptional, for Indian roads, the suspension has been tuned very precisely and accurately, I have not faced any roll, and I have driven this car in Himalayas and western ghats, some people complain of stearing being very light in the city, but this has not been my experience at all, the stearing wheel feedback, though artificial, is very accurate and the wheel weighs in quite considerably.

Final Words Love it.

Areas of improvement GPS navigating system with a colour display is a must.

Dr Yogesh D on 18 Aug, 2016 at 08:56 AM

I have written a review on Volkswagen Polo and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: This car is for enthusiasts only