Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

A user review on Ford Aspire. Written by Kamal Choudhury on 17 May, 2019

Price: ₹ 5.81 - 8.96L
Kamal Choudhury's Ratings
Own a Ford Aspire?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Titanium1.5 TDCi
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : It’s my mate since ages

1. Buying: I had booked a Baleno & waited 6 months for it to come, and then when it came to the dealership I was out of station and they gave my car to some other buyer. When I came back to city, they said they could not keep a Baleno unsold for few days when there are thousands of customers waiting for a Baleno car. I cancelled booking & decided I would never go to a Maruti dealer again in my life. And I do NOT feel any regret at all now.... I think God had a better plan for me. Went to the Modi Ford dealer the following day(30th Dec 2016), did a test drive in a Aspire TdCi 1.5L and I fell for it. Booked it on the same day. They gave me discount of 50k + Insurance free. Took the delivery next day 31st Dec 2016.... and my new year began with a shiny, sexy, new hot Ruby Red Ford Aspire car :) 2. Riding : Its clocking 44000+ km as of today. Ride quality is slightly stiffer than Maruti or Hyundai cars. Cabin feels very spacious as for a sub 4 meter car. Seats have good under thigh support. You wont feel tired after 500-700 km run in a day. You will feel the pot holes & bumps in slower speed though. MRF stock tyres make lots of noise. 3. Looks: Look is subjective. I loved it. You may or may not. 4. Performance: Power is more than sufficient, in fact most of the time you will feel yourself sitting in a most powerful(power to weight ratio wise) car on the street that are within 10-15 lac rupee price range. 0-100 km can be achieved under 10 seconds. It can give Polos & Swifts & i20s & Rapids a run for their money. Turbo lag is almost negligible after 1200 rpm. Handling corners is better than any other car in the same segment. Steering is light but very precise & accurate, in fact I would say its better than or in the same league of Polo or Punto(without the weight of HPS) kind of pedigree.. I drive 50-60km everyday for office commute. I had done 6 highway runs(up & down) so far, 3 times hyderabad to goa, 1 hyd to Sitapur(in UP), 1 hyd to Sagar(in MP) & 1 Hyd to Tirupati(in AP). And the car performed without any issue at all... no rattle, no break down & no other mechanical issues. It drives like a bigger Sedan in higher speed on the highway. It can do 120km/hr all day non-stop without letting you be in any uncomfortable situation. Braking power is awesome. Apply brake and it stops at any speed without any drama. ABS is extremely sensitive & you can never skid the car at any speed. AC is very strong & can chill the cabin within minutes. Music system is just average. Fuel Efficiency: I get 14 km/l in city on those days when I try to have some fun.. :) 17-19km/l in city on those days when I drive with a very lite foot. Similarly I can get 19-21km/l on highway when I drive at speed above 100km/hr all day, and I can get 25-27km/l on very smooth highway when I drive with a lite foot and speed within 80-100km/hr. So it all depends on you, what you are doing with the machine. Servicing: If you are not careful or mechanically aware individual then those Ford service center folks might screw your happiness. Those so called mechanics at Ford service centers are bunch of A**holes. Maintenance: I find service cost is competitive to other car companies. Maybe a few 100 rupees less or more than the Maruti or Hyundai. But its nothing overwhelming. I give my specific instruction to the service center agent while giving my car for service and I dont fall in their trap of "change this or change that or this coating/that coating". :) Pros: If you are to buy only 1 car for all purpose with 8-9 lac rupees of money then this is it! Cons: 15/16 inch wheel with 185 or 195 section tyre would have been a very nice compliment to the car & it's power. 14 inch wheel is not good enough. Music system sounds very ordinary. And of course the service center folks are of some pain. 4 star is for this. Though I am not sure how the mechanics at Maruti or Hyundai service centers would act. I guess it would be same in all service centers for me. :) Disclaimer: I am a bit mechanically aware about the Automobiles and so I find fault in almost all service center folks. It sounds to me that they talk clueless most of the time... I feel their only agenda is to get your money and change the engine oil and somehow get the car out of service center... :)

Kamal Choudhury on 20 May, 2019 at 10:41 AM

I have written a review on Ford Aspire and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Could not be happier than this with a Ford car as of now... (Except some issues with their Service centers)