Because of its visionary Anand Mahindra Iam A Mahindra fan this is my 3rd car from Mahindra stable
Conscious that the previous version of Rexton model failed to create it's brand and market in India, still I went ahead and bought this Alturas G4 and have driven 11K kilometres in the past 9 months.
The good part is it's just a drivers car and sad part is other passengers HAVE NOT agreed it's comfortable, hence it can't be under the category of luxury SUV.
While very few features and some specs are good, my views are that the peers needn't get worried or fear as the current state of Alturas is nowhere going to be a threat in its category as competition.
In practicality basis my usage and observations, where Mahindra requires to improve. Below observations have been send by mail also to M/S Mahindra's, but haven't received any resolutions.
1. Bouncy in most of our roads, until you get a tarmac kinda road. Suspension settings are so
2. Nosedive is deep while normal braking, then think of sudden brakes.
3. Monsoon night drive is real NIGHTMARE, because the climate control features claimed to be installed are of no USE . Wind screen becomes opaque due to mist kind of formation. Basis complaint Mahindra has declared that this is a normal phenomenon to live with, to manage with the controls and safety is at risk to drive with low visibility.
4. Third row is lowest bench and the knee is at chin for anyone who is seated.
5. Third row is also claustrophobic, because of a very small fixed glass which is not aligned in parallel with third row., Absolutely no visibility at all.
6. The third row has two air ducts but both are fixed only on the right side, benefitting the pax sitting close to it to shiver and freeze.
7. Second row doesn't move forward, hence access to third row is never easy for children, so adults wouldn't be happy to enter.
8. Sluggish pickup and lazy gear box is not a surprise because of its ladden weight.
9. Knowing spec. Should have provided the Side claimbing foot steps as a standard fitting, but not provided.
10. Head light is not massive enough hence visibility is insufficient for night driving, note that competitors and lower category cars are provided LED head lamps.
11. Service centre team is still in learning process and not confident to resolve basic rectifications. Multiple visits to service centre is inevitable.
12. Customer care never been good being Mahindra and that legacy is continuing for this so called LUXURY category also. complaints that are registered doesn't have solution with Mahindra's as OEM. At least the customer care senior officials at my region are least bothered about feedback and resolutions.
13. Chromes have already started rusting. After persistent complaints, Couple of fittings are already replaced under warranty. Issue still continuing.
14. Infotainment has below average performance
15. Car Play and Android Auto makes the system hang up and the infotainment system reboots automatically multiple times.
16. Haven't tested the off road capabilities yet to provide that review.
17. After 10K service the steering was pulling leftwards and logged with service dealer. But Mahindra technical (sic) expert as usual has declared no problem, but the car pulls to left within a second, your hand is off the steering. One more problem to live with
Above have been send by mail also to M/S Mahindra's, but haven't received any response leave alone resolutions.
God save Mahindras..