Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

Hexa XT - The Safest & comfortable beast

A user review on Tata Hexa. Written by Ram Mohan on 07 April, 2019

Price: ₹ 13.26 - 18.64L
Ram Mohan's Ratings
Own a Tata Hexa?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : XT 4x2 7 STR
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres

I had a budget of around 20 to 25lacs for a bigger & safer SUV. After going through TeamBhp articles, I zeroed in on XUV500 & Crysta. I took Test drive of XUV 500 & was not at all satisfied with the ride quality. The gear shifts were very hard, body rolling was evident even in city riding. Suspension was very crude. I decided not to go with XUV500. Next I took a Test Drive of Crysta & was amazed by its drive quality, suspension, interiors, Electronic features like seat adjustments, back seat trays etc. Now my budget got increased to 28lacs & was about to pay some advance to book it. Around same time I just happened to read about Hexa on TeamBhp. So decided to test drive at Concorde motors, Mysore road. There was a XTA for TD which I drove for like 20kms. The suspension, driving comfort, power everything seemed fine. I sat in all the 3rows & found it better if not equal to Crysta. Came back home & then started the dilemma of which one to buy for the next few months. I drove all variants of both Crysta & Hexa. Some how my heart started tilting towards Hexa because not only performance was good, it was cheaper by almost whopping 7lacs. Friends started dissuading me from investing over 20lacs for a Tata Car. They gave all examples of failures including Aria. Then I spoke to Ola/Uber drivers driving Tata Indica Cars. They gave positive feedback about Tata vehicles as some of them had driven close to 3lac kms. Then I contacted my friend in Pune who has a Safari Storme. He gave positive reviews about Hexa. Finally I decided to go ahead with Hexa XT 4x2. This has more safety features than XTA or Crysta like TC, Rollover mitigation, ESP etc. The only negative I found in Hexa was the kerb weight which is atleast 500kgs more than Crysta. Booked the Car at Prerana Motors, Rajajinagar, Bangalore & on 23rd September 2018 took delivery of the beast. I have driven it for 19500kms so far. The vehicle is worth every penny I paid. This vehicle is grossly under represented by Tata themselves. The power, stability, cornering, drive comfort, road presence, safety it offers is unmatched in any car in this segment. I opted for 60000kms / 3 years AMC & my first, second & third Servicing cost was free.

Ram Mohan on 08 Apr, 2019 at 12:35 PM

I have written a review on Tata Hexa and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Hexa XT - The Safest & comfortable beast