It's just wow. First of all let me explain why is it that costly, let's compare with the rivals and dominant ones. I also own a Tata Nexon diesel but Xm model, my father was so interested in and petrol automatic optional the one that has got connected car features, so top of the line Tata Nexon petrol was costing us 13.80 on road, Kia Sonet is 14.80 on road so why is it 1 lakh price.
Pros for Kia Sonet:
1. Overall fit and finish is better.
2. Led light setup plus projector fog lamps.
3. DCT 7 speed gearbox, way better than automatic in terms of technology, cost and performance.
4. Bose crafted music system7 speakers and woofer, amp.
5.10+ inch screen, please don't ask me about Nexon puny screen.
6. Yes 6th is 6 airbags.
7. Front ventilated seats.
8. leather seats.
10.air purifier with display.
11.Better fuel economy than Nexon.
12. Paint quality seems better too.
13. Overall looks and comfortable feeling.
14. Bigger boot, 42 liter more space that Nexon, biggest in the segment.
Pros for Tata:
1. I don't know, maybe cheaper spares?
2. Better ride than Sonet, I mean little cushiony suspension.
3. Tata Steel, it's a heavy car plus 5 star rated Kia Sonet is yet to be rated.
4. Marginally better rear seats and space
5. Amazing music system, but not as good as Bose, being very honest here.
Overall if you see all the Kia Sonet pros you will realize that yes the car is better value for money even at 14.80 lakhs. whereas Tata used to be known for cheaper value for money vehicle in fact it was one of technical reason I bought Xm diesel@ 8.50 Faridabad Haryana in 2017, now the same car is for 11 lakhs. Tata is not the value for money car anymore in fact it's as costly as other brands be it Nexon or harrier.