Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

Pathetic Infotainment System on Honda City 2017

A user review on Honda WR-V. Written by Girish Kumar on 17 December, 2017

Price: ₹ 8.08 - 10.52L
Girish Kumar's Ratings
Own a Honda WR-V?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres
Fuel Economy : 13 kpl
Good : Good Style
Bad : Digipad, Price

I fully agree with whatever has been said about the Honda Digipad. I just bought a Honda City 2017. The much touted 7-inch infotainment system, called the Digipad is a BIG DUD!!! Firstly, in tooday's world of processor speeds, the sytem takes almost 45 seconds to a minute to boot up on starting the engine!!! That means either you wait for that much time before rolling the wheels or get distracted when in motion to use the Digipad. Secondly, it does not support Apple Car Play. I cannot connect my Iphone 6S to the Digipad because the Mirrorlink on the Digipad does not support Apple. When I connect my IPhone through the Bluetooth, it takes ages for syncronising the contact list!!! Also, when using the in-built hands-free, the voice recognition is very poor. I haven't been able to connect a single call using the handsfree while driving!!! The touch screen of the Digipad is very very insensitive!!! If you are used to feather-touch on your phone's touch screen then you will be DISGUSTED trying to type anything on the Digipad keypad!

As far as the built-in navigation app is concerned, the lesser said the better!! It does not have many important places mapped. It is not updated. Yesterday it took me to a dead end and showed my way THROUGH a walled university buiilding which was constructed years ago!!! Also, there is no frequent map updates. The Honda manual says that updated maps are issued twice a year- in March and October and the user must contact the Honda Dealer to "purchase" updated maps!!! Google maps cannot be used in the Digipad!!

Honda Spares Price list shows the cost of Digipad as INR 50,000.00 One can get much much better systems at much lesser cost. I am totally disgusted with the Digipad!!! Hope Honda does a seroou update for all users or else this piece of junk is worth shit !!!

Varun Singla on 13 Dec, 2018 at 06:28 PM

Hi Girish, I am looking for a digipad/infotainment system for my Honda BRV. I have read your blog around the pathetic performance of digipad Honda has supplied. Can you recommend any good branded infotainment system avaialble at a lesser price which I can use for BRV?

Also, the dealer has been threatening me that if I use any other digipad, they will take away the warranty of my vehicle.

Girish Kumar on 28 Dec, 2017 at 05:24 PM

I have written a review on Honda WR-V and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Pathetic Infotainment System on Honda City 2017