Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

The most underrated SUV/ MUV

A user review on Honda BR-V. Written by Gururaj Kulkarni on 22 October, 2018

Price: ₹ 9.45 - 13.80L
Gururaj Kulkarni's Ratings
Own a Honda BR-V?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : VX Petrol Style Edition
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven for a few hundred kilometres

Absolutely love this Car!!! Now before I go Ga-Ga over this SUV/ MUV/ City car, let me introduce myself so you all understand my perspective. I am an mechanical engineer who works in an automotive seating design and manufacturing company. Our company basically caters to almost all global Oems seating systems. Since this car has been around for quite some time I bet everyone knows about it’s competitors. I would directly place it against Hyundai Creta and recently launched Mahindra Marazzo. Having driven both, I still went for BRV CVTfor following reasons: 1. When placed against Creta > has got an additional third row > CVT is butter smooth compared to Cretas automatic. > larger windows gives you a more roomier and spacious feeling > interiors of creta, (I mean the dashboard and the controls) are better than BRV and more appealing. I replaced my existing audio system pioneers touch screen system (22k extra - worth it) > is cheaper than Creta > 2R and 3R seats offer recliners. A good to have feature for long drives > boot space is tremendous > Ivtec engines are known for their performance over the the world. 2. When placed against Marazzo > Marazzo doesn’t offer CVT or automatic for that matter > you don’t want your personal car to stand next to the one that ferries people from city to airport on a regular basis > seating comfort is better in Marazzo than BRV > IMO 3rd row legroom is better in BRV than in Marazzo or would say is the same. > for a Marazzo mid variant the cost is same compared to a CVT BRV version. > no cruise control on BRV but there are paddle shifters Now I didn’t pit BRV against innova or hexa as they belong to an entirely different segment and a lot costlier than the Honda. I believe the BRV is a more practical car and gives you just enough features to fall in love with it. For eg.. door handle car lock/unlock, engine start stop button, on the roof ac vents, one touch fold and tumble seats, alloy wheels etc. Now I would have loved to have more variants in CVT with may be a sunroof or leather seats or with a touch screen display but unfortunately Honda sticks to what it’s been doing on almost all their offerings. Also the things that go with the BRV are it’s low maintenance cost compared to creta or Marazzo and the insurance cost is also cheaper compared to other two. That reduces the cost of ownership. I have driven on highways for about 200kms and the mileage I have got is a decent 15.5kmpl and about 11.3 kmpl in the city, but I will update the review after I put on more miles on this vehicle. I have also driven over rough and patchy roads and there was some body roll observed. However the 210mm ground clearance is helpful in going over the rocks and pits. The buying experience was also great. I bought the car from Deccan Honda pcmc, the staff was prompt and handed over the car within 10 days of my booking with an handsome discount. All in all, I am very content with the car. It is just what my family of 6 needed. FYI ., the 3rd row is now reserved by my daughters.. lol. I wonder why Honda didn’t market it more as it’s an excellent family car with rugged SUV looks and can driven well inside the city. I would suggest people to go for it.

Gururaj Kulkarni on 23 Oct, 2018 at 06:30 PM

I have written a review on Honda BR-V and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: The most underrated SUV/ MUV