I was looking for a family car with occasional drives on highways with a low cost of maintenance. My options were the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Honda Mobilio. However, after considering the following factors I narrowed down to Ertiga:
1) Buying Experience : Maruti showroom treated us very well and gave us the freedom to think and make a decision. Their extra efforts in trying to get a car in the colour we wanted to see before purchase was just great.
2) Driving : The only issue that I have about the Ertiga is its drive. It's not very powerful and I have to rev the gears frequently to get a good amount of power. The problem increases when the car is full. The mileage is good though and as a passenger, I feel comfortable even on bumpy roads.
3) Exteriors and Interiors look and feels:
While there is a lot of hard plastic inside, the interior still seems good looking. The AC vents are very typical Maruti style but fit in very well. The doors and windows are very large and I love how they add to the spacious feel. The third row isn't very large but the second row can easily fit in 3 adults.
4) Servicing and Maintenance: This is the best in owning a Maruti car. So simple everything is along with affordable. Scheduled maintenance was available and this helped in giving my car a refreshed look and feel. Also parts are easily available at affordable rates, which is a big bonus.
5) Overall : For a big family MPV, Ertiga fits in really well if you cannot afford the bigger one such as Innova. Just the drive might be a issue, but if you aren't very keen on the driving pleasure, I think it's a great buy.