Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

An under rated Giant

A user review on Maruti Suzuki S-Cross. Written by SWASTIK.2811 on 05 February, 2018

Price: ₹ 8.86 - 11.49L
SWASTIK.2811's Ratings
Own a Maruti Suzuki S-Cross?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven for a few hundred kilometres

Here is my experience with my S Cross Alpha DDIS 200. 1000km. Positives: Smart look. Nice chrome design. It looks more butch than the outgoing old model. Prominent humps on the hood: more like SUV. You can see the bonnet from drivers seat: great confidence booster while driving a car this big. The headlamp cluster is way above the competition. White LED projector lamps were deal breaker for me. I wish the DRL was a bit sleek (not complaining though). Tall sitting posture. Ingress and egress is very easy specially for elders. Very spacious interiors. Nice leather seats and nice leather covered steering wheel.. good to hold. Practical boot with zero loading lip.

Very convenient. Small lights here and there are nice touch ( in the gloves compartment, in the boot and under the dash board for foots) Automatic wipers and headlamps works great. Lots of glass everywhere.. the quarter glass in front and at back makes very minimal blind spot for driver. I'm in love with the SHVS technology.. the mileage is superb.. giving me about 15kmpl in city and 20kmpl on highway. Oh yes.. use the cruise control on highway to relax a bit.. it's awesome. Don't doze off though.. he he.

Nexa Blue Stargaze paint makes a quite a few head to turn on the road. Sound system is good too. Overall plastic and quality of the cabin is the best I've seen from Maruti so far. Negatives: I wish the engine was a little bit stronger.. it suits my driving style very nicely though. I don't accelerate fast or do hard braking. Oh I miss the rear AC vent so badly.

Why did you skip this, Maruti? The fog lamps have yellow beam. the headlamps are white. a bit of a mismatch? Turning radius is a tad too big for parking in congested city traffic. Remember it's quite a large car.. akin to most of the luxury sedans.. both by length and width. The looks: there will be lovers and there will be haters. It's no point bragging but let's just concede that this car misses out on the SUV charm.

The negatives you will face from the people who doesn't own or has never taken a ride on S cross. In conclusion I must say that I'm very happy with my S Cross. The positives far outnumber the negatives. It is one of the most under rated car of the segment ( very unfortunate). I love my S Cross.. Do you??

SWASTIK NANDI on 19 Feb, 2018 at 03:17 PM

I have written a review on Maruti Suzuki S-Cross and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: An under rated Giant