Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

VW Tiguan - The perfect car

A user review on Volkswagen Tiguan. Written by K.M Mammoo on 28 January, 2019

Price: ₹ 28.07 - 31.46L
K.M Mammoo's Ratings
Own a Volkswagen Tiguan?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Comfortline TDI
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres

I bought Tiguan Comfortline in November, 2018. I have driven around 5000 KMs since then. I chose Tiguan by trading in my Skoda Rapid which was with me for more than 4 years. The deal offered by VW dealership was very sweet in terms of exchange offer along with other discounts which bought the comfortline variant very near to my preferred budget for a luxury SUV (sans the badge). I was deliberating between a Jeep Compass and BMW X1 as I wanted only a 5 seater SUV and not any 7 seaters as I consider the last row being unusable or impractical in most cases. Jeep Compass was very appealing to the eye and drives well. However, I had a few reservations with respect to the almost white seats and not so premium interiors. BMW X1 was somehow more like an hatchback to sit in and also was over budget for me with the need of a 4 wheel drive as an option. Test drove Tiguan and just liked everything the car offered with the exception of the high sticker price. When I got to know the offer for my Rapid along with other discounts it just turned out to be a few lacs above the Jeep Compass. In the bargain I got a bigger car than the compass and X1 along with real premium interiors which was almost comparable to the X1 in quality and more practical than either of them. I have been driving the car in Bangalore city traffic and some highways and ghats and I am super impressed by the car. It drives supremely well on and off the road. It may not be a true blue off roader as the Endeavor or the Fortuner but it is way more practical for someone like me who drives 95% of the time on tarmacs or broken tarmacs and very occasionally takes it off road. It just blows away the Endeavor and Fortuner on the road and gives you a premium feel which those cars do not offer. Having owned a Skoda I kind off know how to handle the VAG renowned maintenance and cost of ownership threats. I honestly did not face any real issue with the service or high maintenance cost for my Rapid and I believe I should not face any issues with VW as well.

K.M Mammoo on 29 Jan, 2019 at 03:53 PM

I have written a review on Volkswagen Tiguan and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: VW Tiguan - The perfect car