A user review on Tata Harrier. Written by
on 24 June, 2019
Price: ₹ 13 - 16.76L
Ex-showroom, New Delhi
||Haven’t driven it
Buying Tata Harrier is very good experience and Tata has improved very much in terms of build quality, space and comfort, features and etc. Riding of Tata Harrier is excellent in the city and on the highway but refinement could be improved. Tata Harrier gets Terrain Management system i.e. Wet, Rough and Dry only on top model XZ. It also gets eco, normal and sport. Tata Harrier scores on ground clearance i.e. 205mm which is best in the segment among other SUV'S like creta 190mm, compass 192mm, XUV500 200mm and the new mg Hector 192mm. Body Roll of Harrier is excellent on the highway and much better than the hector, creta and xuv500 and not much good as compass. Looks of Harrier are excellent and based on Land Rover Discovery and based on omega Architecture. Performance is great and looking dynamic from the front. Value for money and resale value of Tata Motors is great. Servicing and maintenance is much than the Compass and Mahindra XUV500.Servicing and maintenance has improved with low cost. Since the launch and success of Tiago and Nexon Tata has much improved in terms of Maintenance cost, service cost and warranty period. The following pros and cons of Tata Harrier as follows:
1. Solid Build quality and excellent sound quality with JBL speakers.
2. Best in class Space and Comfort
3. Best Ground Clearance in the category.
4. The suspension is co-developed by JLR and Lotus engineering, has the optimum balance between highway stability and off road stability.
5. Based on OMEGA Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) platform of the Tata Harrier is derived from Land Rover's D8 Architecture.
6. Gets Terrain Response and brake disc wiping in top of the variant.
7. Well tuned engine
1. No All Wheel drive
2. No Automatic and petrol variants
3. Fit and finish is inconsistent in some areas
4. Poor rear Air Conditioning
5. Cumbersome gearbox.
6. Missing sunroof, dual zone climate control.
7. Poor Noisy insulation and refinement is noisy over the speed of 90kmph
79 Views, 0 of 0 people found this review useful
Was this review helpful to you? Yes
Comments Latest 10 are shown