Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

Bolero Camper DX

A user review on Mahindra Bolero. Written by Sunil Pillai on 06 September, 2008

Price: ₹ 7.49 - 9.42L
Sunil Pillai's Ratings
Own a Mahindra Bolero?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Camper DX
Good : Good Insurance claiming plan
Bad : Buy Bolero Camper DX- experiment

If you want ur insurance immediately "Buy Bolero Camper DX". Check mails below.Rajesh Jejurikar
Executive Vice President - Marketing & Sales, M&M Automotive Sector Managing Director, Mahindra Renault
Dr. Pawan Goenka
President & Member of the Group Management Board

Sub:  Regarding Vehicle # KA 04 MF 3520 Mahindra Bolero Camper DX
                        Engine No- GA84D38719 Sl.No-83E58432

I have purchased the above said vehicle from India Garage (St. Marks Road), Bangalore. Delivery was taken on 11/06/08.On 12/06/08 while driving the vehicle I almost ended up avoiding a major accident when I applied the brakes on the highway, as the vehicle swerved to right outbalancing my steering. When I contacted your authorized service center at Hesarghatta road, I was told to get the vehicle to the garage for inspection.
I took the vehicle to the garage around 1.45 pm wherein after I was informed that the 2 bolts of Suspension Sturt Bar were missing and duly replaced at the garage.
I wish to bring the following points to your attention, for which I need a satisfactory reply.

1)      How does a newly manufactured vehicle, after due inspection for quality at all levels is delivered to the customer without suspension sturt bar bolts.
2)      Next day morning (13/06/08) when I have to take the vehicle to garage, It did not start. I contacted Mr.Dileep (sales Executive), he suggested to check the battery terminal, I found he was correct, the terminal bolt was dislodged.
3)      Vehicle was brought into the garage at 1.45 pm and returned back at 8 pm.
4)      (Repair No-M-10284) The two bolts required for my vehicle were not available at the garage stock,  these were removed from another Bolero right in front of me.
5)      When approached with the problem, the trio Mr.Ravi, Mr.Radhakrishnan and Mr.Banu Prakash were simply incapable of taking responsibility to see that the problem was attended on priority basis.
6)      The infrastructure at the garage leaves a lot to be desired. The space requirement to move the vehicle on the balancing ramp was inadequate.
7)      After rectifying the same bolts problem when the vehicle was being brought out of the garage by garage people, there was a small damage to the vehicle as the passage is too small to take turn.
8)      I am finding there are other manufacturing problems with my vehicle and considering the response I have got, I am not confident to take the vehicle to that garage.
9)      Who is to be held responsible in case any unwanted incident occurs out of this fault.
10)  How you are going to compensate 1 days work and my official responsibilities which I was not able to attend due to this problem.
11)  Imagine the mental torture I have undergone at the garage during my 6 hours stay in the garage.
12)  How M/s Mahindra and Mahindra can appoint such irresponsible people to handle the customer / vehicle problems responsibly.
13)  How do I expect good service in future from your Authorized Service Station.
14)  How the spare parts change hands within the Authorized Service Station from a new vehicle to a under-repair vehicle.
15)  What will be the fate of customers unaware of such actions.
16)  What guarantee is there that my vehicle parts will not change during servicing at your garage.
17)  I have a mobile video clip where the technicians were idling their time away without attending to my vehicle's problem.
18)  Do all your vehicle come with such quiz type snags wherein the customer has to identify the faults and get rectified before driving.

Please let me know what is the course of action you are planning to pursue with the above facts in your mind, wherein my further action depends.
Sunil Pillai

Adi on 27 Aug, 2009 at 04:40 PM

Is there an alternate place other than this India Garage (St. Marks Road)? Looks like these guys just need to find some other job.. or just quit doing this for a business.

Adithya R on 27 Aug, 2009 at 04:40 PM

Adithya on 27 Aug, 2009 at 04:39 PM

Somen Sen on 10 Jun, 2009 at 05:52 AM

At, Kolkata, I am planning to purchase a Bolero SLX-2WD -- any comments and suggessions ?

Arun on 06 May, 2009 at 09:33 PM

I am also planning to bye bolero sle bt dropped the idea .Thanks Mr. Polai. Abhay

Kannan on 02 Dec, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Its horrible to learn such exp. I was planning to buy one,but after reading this I dropped the idea.Thanks Mr.Pilai

Sarv_S on 14 Oct, 2008 at 10:59 AM

It is shocking to read the calousness of Mahindra dealer that could have caused Mr Sunil Pilai his life .I do hope Mr Pilai tackles this legally and company has to pay a hefty fine as damages for playing with the lives of Indian customers

Vijay on 21 Sep, 2008 at 06:51 PM

I agree with your comments, Mahindra and other Indian manufacturers have been selling sub standard products for a very long time,for example the Premier Padmini, Ambassador, Tata Estate, Sumo,Matador. mainly as they have been protected from international competition by very high import duties by successive Indian governments. I would be inclined to buy the Innova - Petrol engine if you travel less than 15,000 kms per year. Get a lawyer and sue the bastards! you have been badly treated.

Sunil Pillai on 06 Sep, 2008 at 12:55 PM

I have written a review on Mahindra Bolero and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Bolero Camper DX