New Ford Fiesta - Dear (adj )

A user review on Ford Fiesta. Written by MathewK on 04 August, 2011

Price: ₹ 7.24 - 9.99 lakhs
Fiesta Details | On Road Price
MathewK's Ratings
Own a Ford Fiesta? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Trend Diesel [2011-2012]
Purchased As : Not Purchased
Familiarity : Have done a short test-drive once
Fuel Economy : 15 kpl
Good : Very good steering control , Ride quality and comfort , Breaks and Music System
Bad : Seating , Rear Space , Price , The Trend model does not have DTE and Reverse Sensors

Exterior This Morning I have taken the test drive from Fortune Ford ( Hyd ). White colour, I liked the exterior looks of the car , At one glance it resembled like Fluidic from - side profile, However its has its own good looks. I have rated it 4 because the style is contemporary and has a new look.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort) The car which I was driving was the Titanium Diesel model, It had all the gizmos like Steering mounted switches, Aux, Bluetooth, voice control etc. The Music system is really good it had really good Bass and good clarity with less noise levels. In my opinion space and comfort is below par. I am currently using a Tata Manza , that may be the reason  I felt claustrophobic when i got inside the car !  The driver's seat should have been little bigger as my back was protruding outside the seat which gave me lot of discomfort while driving. Its has got a good Boot space 430 Liters. 100% foldable rear seats but I seriously feel this car has space issue. Rear seats are cramped. When I am paying 11.3 lakhs , i deserve better seating. I gave rating 3 for the poor space as I feel and felt that the amount what i spend  I deserve a good seating and spacing.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox I took the car on the NH9. The Engine is 1.5 L, Its gradually picks up speed and gains momentum once you move from the second gear to the third and gallops when on 4th and 5 gear. The gear box is good and falls in respective gears with out any fuss. I cannot comment on the fuel efficiency as i have driven apx 30 kms only and inadvertently missed to see the MID.

Ride Quality & Handling The all New Ford Fiesta has an excellent ride quality, The steering responds very well (Though I felt little hard ) and one can manure the car as per ones wish and fancies :). It gives you confidence unlike Verna Fluidic and the breaks are really good. Overtaking, turning, corners etc hassle free, The cars listens to you and responds accordingly. I would say next to Fiat Linea in ride quality and handling :), I touched 120+ and felt i could take it further however my wisdom prevailed and had to reduce it for safety reasons. I have given a rating of 4 for its good ride quality and handling and not to forget those breaks, spot on.

Final Words If you are rich, money was never a constraint, would like to drive the car alone or with only a co passenger , or if you are an ardent ford Lover -Ideal car , go get it !, On the other hand, If you want to consider it for VFM, Then I doubt as there are few more in the competition.

Areas of improvement

1.In Variants like Style and Trendy they should have given DTE ( Distance to empty ) and Reverse sensors are standard options

2.Space is very less , When one is paying 11.30 lakhs ( Trendy Diesel ) I want to sit comfortably

3.The dash board they call it aerodynamic shape , to be frank I never got that feeling J

4.Can ford rethink on the pricing!

G. Arun on 06 Sep, 2011 at 08:51 PM

Mathews

I have seen just the test drive car. Its sales figures are not encouraging, just around 400 in the month of August.

Aravindh

Regarding the voice commands, you have to switch ON the voice commands, then tell FM, it will ask the frequency say 92.7, it will set the FM at 92.7 frequency.

The voice commands will also controls the A.C., player etc.

Aravindh on 06 Sep, 2011 at 07:54 PM

Mathew could you please throw more light on the voice commands. I was excited seeing the ad in tv

Mathew on 06 Sep, 2011 at 07:44 PM

Have you guys seen any New Fiesta on the roads ? , So far I have seen only 1 . It seems the sales are not very encouraging .

Sudheer Chowdary on 05 Aug, 2011 at 06:27 PM

Mathew,

Nice Review.

I Reckon ford killed this model with the High Pricing and the Rear Seat space.

Ford should rethink on the pricing factor.

M Bajaj on 05 Aug, 2011 at 01:21 PM

Mathew,

Excellent review. You have rightly mentioned the flaws of the new Fiesta. especially the price

Keep up the good work

Mathew on 05 Aug, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I have written a review on Ford Fiesta and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: New Ford Fiesta - Dear (adj )