Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

Polo A Nightmare

A user review on Volkswagen Polo. Written by kritik on 22 June, 2017

Price: ₹ 5.72 - 9.72L
kritik's Ratings
Own a Volkswagen Polo?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Highline1.2L (P)
Purchased As : Used
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres
Fuel Economy : 13.5 kpl
Good : exterior and style, simple german look
Bad : horrible engine, m stuck with it... hyundai and maruti products are better.

I have a 2012 1.2 mpi polo highline which has run only 48000 kms and has again developed engine issue. Its EPC light is on and its engine and body is rattling and shaking like crazy. Last time it happened it had run 32k kms. Had got all 3 ignition plugs, spark plugs and the entire set changes for 10k approx then. So, got it to volkswagen service station, the engineer said that he'll have to check if there's a compression issue. He asked me to submit my car for 3 days. If there's a compression issue, then we'll have to change the entire engine set which will cost me somewhere around 25-30k. And 3 days for checking the issue and what if engine has to be replaced? another 30 days! I mean people buy cars to park in garage or what? I used to think that if you get your vehicle serviced in time at authorised service stations, it wouldn't give any problem. Thats true for Maruti & Hyundai cars as per my experience but not with this metal junk Volkswagen polo. Imagine what kind of a car would develop engine problems after running merely 48k kms and timely serviced every single time at authorised service stations only? doubting if I had a bad luck that i got a lemon, I enquired several indian car websites and to my surprise found many similar cases with this product. Buying a volkswagen thinking of german engineering and safety proved to be a curse. Now I'm stuck with this lemon, can't even sell it off worrying what the person who buys it from me later discovers all this would think of me that I duped him/her. its as good as a scrap now. I have already prevented 4 of my friends from buying volkswagen products. So, I advice you gentlemen and ladies even to think a thousand times before buying a volkswagen.

Arulraj A on 02 Sep, 2017 at 11:37 AM

I too have severe vibration in my polo allstar. Its just 7 months old and 6K only driven. I too didnt expect this from a branded company Frown. Waiting for a month to get fixed, still waiting... Volkswagen should take care of their customers otherwise people will go for other who gives good service.

Keshav Gowda on 24 Jul, 2017 at 05:26 PM

did u just compared VW to maruti bullshit carr and hyundai ? GGSealed

kritik on 29 Jun, 2017 at 12:18 PM

I have written a review on Volkswagen Polo and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Polo A Nightmare