Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

Engineers Choice

A user review on Tata Sumo Gold. Written by Vipul on 10 January, 2013

Price: ₹ 7.52 - 8.97L
Vipul's Ratings
Own a Tata Sumo Gold?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres
Good : Good Style
Bad : Heavy

I’m Vipul Arora, a 22 year old who has completed his mechanical engineering diploma sometime ago. My family wanted a vehicle and I was searching for one that is good and easy to drive. Being a mechanical engineer, I preferred seeing the vehicle’s specs on paper and even in real world. Since we wanted a large vehicle, that is affordable also, we had limited options. I had seen a couple of vehicles. I wasn’t sure if I will get that much space in any car at that price range until I heard of the Tata Sumo Gold. A lot of people recommended me to buy the Tata Sumo Gold. A close friend of mine is also using it and he also suggested me to buy the Sumo Gold.

After seeing a few advertisement in the newspapers and on television, I decided to go and see the vehicle myself. I liked the vehicle and also the space did look good.  So, on my friend’s recommendation, I booked this vehicle. Everyone told me that the Sumo Gold is good and not very expensive also. This is the first time we bought the Sumo Gold. It is nice and spacious and I like it. It hasn’t given us any sort of trouble and never had any maintenance issues with the SUV also. The Sumo Gold is doing well, and is definitely carrying the Sumo legacy to the next level.

The mechanicals of the Sumo Gold are good. Being a mechanical engineer, I see how good the quality of the moving parts is and I’m confident about the durability of this. The engine is good in terms on power and the pick up is good. I like to drive this car very much. The brochure also reads that the Sumo Gold has the smallest turning radius. It does make driving and turning easier.

The biggest USP for the Sumo Gold is its space. There is so space inside, in all the three rows and even the seats are comfortable. My family is happy with the head space and leg space that the Sumo Gold has. There has been no complaining for seating and even for the luggage space.

Other vehicles feel so cramped. This is a proper SUV, which is big on the outside and also on the inside. The Sumo Gold is really spacious. I like sitting in the SUV, and I’m happy to buy this car. The looks are also good and it looks macho and rough and tough. The chrome also looks rich.

The Sumo Gold has power steering, which makes it easy to drive in city especially at low speeds. This reduces the stress and effort to drive such a big vehicle. Power steering is definitely a good thing to have in an SUV. It is very easy to drive also, despite its large dimensions. Be it city or highway, there is no problem to drive the Sumo Gold. Even on small and crowded lanes in Southern part of India.

The pick up of the engine is also good. The power delivery is good and you do not have to change gears that often. The torque produced by the Sumo Gold is good. I like diesel engines for their torque and the Sumo Gold lives up to it.  We Southern Indians love diesel engine for its efficiency. The entire world knows how hot it gets in the Southern part of India and the air conditioning of the Sumo Gold impresses. Even the passengers in the second and third row are happy with the cooling of the air conditioning. Generally, this isn’t the case and occupants seating behind complain about no cooling.

We use the Sumo Gold for our family’s personal use and we have taken it to several places. We also give the vehicle to relativesand some close friends who ask for it. I like the Sumo Gold and I’m one of the happy customers, as I like to drive it. And my family likes it for the inside cabin space that the car offers.  We park the car immediately inside our gate so those coming to our home can see the vehicle, as the first thing when they enter. It is our pride and as a mechanical engineer this is the vehicle of my choice.

Vipul on 11 Jan, 2013 at 04:58 PM

I have written a review on Tata Sumo and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Engineers Choice