Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

Worst Sumo Gold

A user review on Tata Sumo Gold. Written by Ravi Kiran on 21 June, 2012

Price: ₹ 7.52 - 8.97L
Ravi Kiran's Ratings
Own a Tata Sumo Gold?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : CX BS III
Purchased As : Not Purchased
Familiarity : It’s my mate since ages
Good : Bad
Bad : Vehicle

I have total 13 sumo gold vehicle in the name of SRI RAJARAJESHWARI ENTERPRISES and Chandru its really horrible experience in my transport carrier I bought the vehicle from known dealer concord motors in January 2012 one other problem in all vehicle that to that are major problem we have faced.

Clutch plate frequently like for 15 thousand KMs already concord motor they have replaced in warranty twice for all the vehicle.

Bark pad and drum we have change for every 10 thousand KMs.

Vehicle will not start some times.

Coolant will evaporate often we have to check regularly the coolant like old 307 vehicle.

If coolant evaporate the there will be problem for engine.

Meter assembly problem (we don’t get any signs like temperature gauge raising because of over heat of engine) cause will engine seize.

Problems are because of power full engine the RPM of engine is high and we all ways keep the leg on clutch because of traffic condition of Bangalore this is one reason for clutch problem.

Power full engine which will generate more heat the radiator which has give for sumo gold vehicle will not support it’s a low capacity radiator were coolant will evaporate frequently. One fine day engine will seize.

Because of power full engine by default vehicle will run fast so the break and disk which has given in that vehicle will not suite so it will not come in long run at list 15000KMs.

Earting wire problem cause for starting problem.

This above mentioned problem I have faced in all vehicle and parts replacement work has done in TATA motor. But after 50000 KMs they don’t care they say that your vehicle is not in warranty.

I have raised this issue with Concorde motors but no one has come back with solution almost all my vehicle are close to 40000KMs so I want some solution for above problem or I am planning to leave the vehicle back to TATA motors I can pay EMI instead of paying to repair.

Nikhil N on 11 May, 2015 at 04:50 PM

You are blaming the car for your poor driving practices!

If you ride the clutch (keep foot on clutch at all times) any car will have the problems you mention. Even in stop start traffic (like that of Bengaluru), you dont need to ride the clutch. You should thank Tata for replacing the clutch plates for your 'mishandling' which is NOT covered by warranty.

Please learn to drive.

Ravi Kiran on 22 Jun, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I have written a review on Tata Sumo and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Worst Sumo Gold