A user review on Renault Duster [2016-2019]. Written by
on 17 June, 2019
This car is discontinued
||Have driven a few thousands kilometres
I own a Renault Duster RXS CVT 2017 model.
Why Duster - IT was my dream car since it was launched way back in 2012.
Why CVT - Easy to drive, easy in bumper to bumper traffic, your left leg and left hand can relax now in long journeys. And if you are at age of 30+ 35+ and going to use this car for 7-8yrs, CVT will be a good option.
Now my experience of owning this car for 2 years.
1. Great pricing in the segments, chepeast amongst its competitors
2. Great Driving dynamics and Handling. Good steering feedback.
3. MRF WANDERER tyres and great and keeps the car planted in highway. And you will feel confident while Cornering.
4. Front seats offers great comfort, with driving seat offering commanding view and u feel like seating in a proper SUV.
5. Humgous boot space . You can literally pack your huge luggages for long trips easily.
6. Back seat is bench type with individual seat belts and can be folded to increase the already humongous boot space.
7. Eco mode to boost slightly the fuel economy by decreasing the engine performance and ac performance. So while in highway always turn that off, so that you can overtake other vehicles easily.
8. Great Ground clearance and rugged performance in rought terrains.
9. As it was a CVT, there was no jerk felt during auto transmission, but when sudden burst of power is required a rubbery feel was there. But one needs a bit of practice how to handle it.
10. Maintainence per 10,000 km or 1 year. Basic Maintainence would come around 5000-6000 rupees which is great.
11. The blacked out Alloy wheels look great and the wheel arches are big giving it a proper SUV Look.
1. Internal aesthetics and Features could have been better. But as far my experience I am satisfied with all that it has to offer.
2. Touch screen doesn't offer GPS, Navigation and Back Camera. But as per my experience I installed a third party GPS and placed it in my eye level near the driver side and also attached back camera to it. Nothing much complaint regarding this feature.
3. NBH level is one area where the manufacturer needs to work. Compared to its competitor the road noise and engine noise and not properly filtered.
4. No Rear AC vents. But as per my experience, fonts AC and Vents were adequate to chill the whole cabin.
Fuel economy is average considering its a 1500cc engine. When AC is off it will give you 2kmpl more mileage.
Hope i have covered all the points, if any information require, I will be happy to guide.
119 Views, 0 of 0 people found this review useful
Was this review helpful to you? Yes
Comments Latest 10 are shown
More Reviews on Renault Duster [2016-2019]
All Renault Duster [2016-2019] user reviews