Ford will launch the new Figo Aspire tomorrow. The sub-four metre sedan will take on the Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Tata Zest and Honda Amaze in the highly competitive compact sedan segment. While the price will certainly play an important role, we list out the five important things that you should know about the Ford Figo Aspire.
1) Diesel engine: The 1.5-litre turbocharged TDCi diesel engine is the most powerful in the segment, with a power rating of 99bhp and 215Nm. The engine is mated to the five-speed manual transmission that powers the front wheels. The ARAI rated fuel efficiency of the oil burner is one of the highest at 25.3kmpl.
2) Petrol automatic: The Ford Figo Aspire is the only one in the segment to offer a dual-clutch automatic transmission. The 1.5-litre Ti-VCT petrol engine delivers 110bhp and 136Nm of torque to the front wheels via a hassle-free AT gearbox. This is also the most powerful car in the segment, although, on the flip side, this variant does not qualify as a compact car with the bigger engine.
3) Safety: All the nine variants of the Figo Aspire will get dual airbags as standard While we are extremely happy about Ford’s initiative, we would have loved to see even ABS as standard The ABS-EBD is available only with the Titanium and Titanium Plus variants.
4) Features: The Figo Aspire does score well on engine performance and space, but even the top-end variant isn’t feature rich. Even the parking sensors are a part of the options list available as a dealer accessory.
5) Variants: The Figo Aspire will be available in nine variants across four trim levels – Ambient, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Plus. Both the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel will be available in all four trim levels while the 1.5-litre petrol AT will be available only in the Titanium trim. All compact sedans will be available in seven colours – ruby red, sparkling gold, oxford white, tuxedo black, deep impact blue, ingot silver and smoke grey.