- 2012 Toyota Camry will be launched in India on 24 August. The new Camry was displayed at the 2012 Auto Expo and we were always expecting the premium sedan to be rolled-out in third-quarter of 2012. Stay tuned, as we bring you more details of the petrol only Toyota Camry. Click Here for More
- Audi is planning to build a new seven-seater MPV, based on VW’s flexible platform, MQB. Autobild Germany’s reports also suggest that the people carrier will slot in below the A4 sedan, at the time of launch in 2016. There are very few 7-seater premium cars in India and we are sure that this model will be offered here post its global launch.
- The new Rolls Royce Ghost Coupe is expected to be unveiled at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show in March. We are keen to know more about this model – mainly because reports suggest, this will be the fastest Rolls Royce ever with 530bhp, 6.6-litre V12 powering comparatively light weight, shorter GT version. Click Here for More
- Audi has opened yet another showroom in Maharashtra – the new one is in Navi Mumbai. Spread over 5100 sq. ft., the new showroom is the fourth in the state and twentieth in the country. The German car maker will continue with its expansion drive and has plans to open 5 more showrooms by the end of this year.
- The world of supercars is full of small companies with unpronounceable names and models with even more unimaginable performance. The Spanish car maker, Tramontana, is one of them. The company has been offering Tramontana R since 2009 in various tunes – extracting maximum of 760bhp from Mercedes V12, for a car weighing less than 1,300kgs. If you think that is insane, then you will like to know that the company will be offering something even bigger called, the Tramontana XTR, later this year. The new mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive hypercar will be powered by 5.5-litre twin-turbo V12 producing 888bhp. Click Here for More
- Haryana chief minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, said he expects the Maruti Suzuki Manesar plant to resume production soon. State CM has also ruled out the possibility of Maruti relocating the Manesar facility to another state (Gujarat). Click here for More
- Hyundai will launch the new D-segment sedan, the Elantra fluidic, in India on 13 August. The Elantra will compete against the Renault Fluence, Skoda Laura, Toyota Altis, VW Jetta and Chevy Cruze in the Indian market. Click Here for More
- Volvo cars along with fashion designer, Ritu Beri, presented a show on the inaugural day of 2012 Lakme Fashion Week called the ‘Icons of Luxury’. Volvo cars’ philosophy – Designed around you, inspired the entire collection displayed at the event - dedicated to contemporary women of today.
The CarWale Daily Fuel is your quick daily dose of automotive news from India and around the world. If you want to know whatever's in the news but want it short and sweet, here's your solution.