- Maruti Suzuki has announced that the Manesar facility in Haryana will resume operations from 21 August. The management has decided to lay off 500 permanent workers after the initial investigation and will start with producing 150 units per day from Tuesday. The company has also confirmed that all 96 employees injured during the riots on 18 July have been discharged from the hospital and some of them have already resumed work. Click Here for More
- Toyota Kirloskar will hike prices across the entire range by around 1.5 per cent on 1 September, to offset the losses due to falling rupee prices against the dollar. This will be the second hike by Toyota since June. Earlier, the Japanese car maker increased prices by 1 per cent for the same reason. Click Here for More
- Electric vehicles are expected to be the future of automobile industry and the investments from OEMs for new developments have been quite generous. Latest is the Ford’s announcement about the new Ford Advance Electrification Center for a cost of USD 135 million, which employs 1,000 engineers devoted to electrified vehicles.
- SRT has announced a limited edition 2013 Viper GTS launch edition with typical GTS blue paint job and white stripes of the earlier Viper coupe. This model will be unveiled at the Pebble Beach – where we hope to get further details.
- Mercedes-Benz has issued a recall of around 190 units of the G-Wagon – G550 and G55 AMG in US, due to faulty interior trims. The issue is bit serious; in the event that airbags are deployed, the cover flap might get dislodged and become a projectile in the compartment.
- Jaguar has released details of the 2013 XF and XJ sedans. As expected, some of the variants will now get all-wheel-drive and the models will debut at the Paris Motor Show in September. Click Here for More
- Tata has launched a new Nano merchandise online store on Ebay. The online store offers Nano branded Titan watches and dry-fit T-shirts for men and women, Nano shaped pen drives, mouse, scale models, caps, key-chains and so on. This is the first time that a car brand will be selling its merchandise through Ebay.in.
The CarWale Daily Fuel is your quick daily dose of automotive news from India and around the world. If you want to know whatever's in the news but want it short and sweet, here's your solution.