- Land Rover has officially released images of the 2013 Range Rover and has also let the world know that it is now much lighter than before. It is mated to an eight-speed gearbox as standard and has 12cm added to the legroom, most of it in the rear. Has the best SUV in the world just got better? Click Here for More
- Mercedes-Benz has officially discontinued the ultra-premium brand, Maybach. Although no official press release has been issued; the company released the price list for its 2013 models in which the Maybach column simply says ‘discontinued’. Click Here for More
- The Range Rover Evoque has been one of the most successful models for the Tata-owned luxury brand. Land Rover has already sold over 88,000 units in more than 170 countries since July 2011 and has now upped the production to cut waiting period for the smallest Range Rover. For the first time JLR will run its Halewood’s facility around the clock with addition of 1,000 new employees to build the Evoque and Freelander 2. Click Here for More
- Our friends at OnCars have caught the Ssangyong Rexton W testing in India. This car, which was unveiled at the 2012 Busan Motor Show in Korea, is a refreshed version of the Rexton II. Mahindra may launch this car in India by the end of this year or early 2013 to compete with SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Hyundai Santa Fe and others. Click Here for More
- The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission have issued a recall of 23,000 Chinese vehicles made by Great Wall and Chery. The commission confirmed that the engine and exhaust gaskets of these cars contained asbestos (carcinogen), which is prohibited in Australia. The companies have been directed to stop selling affected cars and owners have warned from performing do-it-yourself repairs with these parts.
- Porsche will debut a new wagon concept of the Panamera at the Paris Motor Show in September. The model will be used to judge reaction and may be built in future as another high volume product in next couple of years.
- Fiat 500 will soon become a model range just like the Mini, with multiple products built on the same platform serving different needs. The five-door 500L will go on sale later this year, the 500X compact crossover is also under works and now new images of yet another 500-based model have hit the webosphere. If these pictures are accurate, this is the new 500XL seven-seater MPV, which might as well debut at the Paris Motor Show next month. Click Here for More
The CarWale Daily Fuel is your quick daily dose of automotive news from India and around the world. If you want to know whatever's in the news but want it short and sweet, here's your solution.