Renault will launch the Triber in India on 28 August with bookings open from 17 August. It’s the French automaker’s competitor for the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Grand i10/ Grand i10 Nios, Tata Tigor and the Ford Figo in the B-segment of the Indian market. We have already looked at the car in detail in our first look review
One of the main highlights of the car is the new 8.0-inch touchscreen system with the latest version of Renault’s Media Nav Evolution interface. Here are the highlights of the system detailed in multiple images.
1. The home screen for the infotainment system will be familiar to those who have already used the Renault system. The icons and colour schemes are the same as before but now with a better resolution.
2. The volume buttons have been replaced with a dial while a dedicated voice command activation has been fitted on the right side. The USB port has been moved to the centre console.
3. Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, Bluetooth, AUX-IN and ipod connectivity are all offered as standard on this new infotainment system.
4. The new addition to this infotainment system is an eco-mode which, as the name suggests, judges the driving of the person behind the wheel for how environmentally friendly it can be.
5. The eco mode gives you information like average consumption and distance without consumption.
6. There are also driving tips for getting better fuel efficiency from the 1.0-litre three cylinder engine. It produces 72bhp/96Nm and can be had with a five-speed manual/AMT.
7. The Triber will be the first car in the segment with a full digital instrument cluster which includes an information display screen.
Photos: Kapil Angane