The Kia Sonet has taken its segment by storm; in just three months after its launch the Sonet is the highest selling compact-SUV in the country – beating established rivals quite easily. Why? Because it has set new benchmarks which make the competition seem exorbitantly priced for what they offer. Here’s a quick look at what makes the Kia Sonet the new benchmark SUV:
One for Everyone
The Kia Sonet is offered with five different drivetrains, each catering to a different type of customer. This is in stark contrast to its rivals which force customers to compromise their buying decision either because of unavailability of the type of engine/transmission combination available or the price they are offered at. With a plethora of petrol and diesel variants to choose from, customers can get an SUV which matches their needs and budget perfectly.
Kia’s mantra of offering first-in-class features is another reason for the Sonet becoming a segment benchmark. The first-in-class features include:
1) 10.25-inch touchscreen display – the largest in the segment
2) Ventilated front seats – the only SUV in the class to get this feature
3) Cooled wireless charging pad – a few other SUVs might offer a wireless charger but it seems like they forgot how hot devices get during charging
4) Traction modes – the only SUV in the segment to offer variable traction modes, this makes it safer
5) No AMT – a cost cutting measure employed by the competition, the Sonet pairs a smooth torque converter with its diesel engine
6) Air filter as standard fitment – unlike some manufacturers who offer this important feature as an accessory, the Kia Sonet gets one in-built in its air-conditioning system
7) All-LED headlamps – the Sonet stands out in a sea of competitors with projector headlamps
8) Two trim packages – the only SUV in the segment to offer two distinct styling and feature trims, the Tech-line and the GT-line
9) UVO connected-car tech – With 57 features, the Sonet has the most comprehensive connected car system in the segment
The Kia Sonet’s extensive line of features also includes a comprehensive safety suite. From the basic impact-absorbing high-strength steel structure, to advanced safety equipment like six airbags, electronic stability control, hill-hold assist, vehicle stability management, traction control, traction modes, front parking sensors and tyre pressure monitor – the Sonet is designed to keep its occupants safe.
The Kia Sonet is the most premium SUV in its segment, here's why. Read more about the segment benchmark Kia Sonet’s drivetrain options here. Here’s a handy guide to configuring your own Sonet on Kia’s website. You can also click here to book your own Sonet now.