Hyundai has launched the Venue in India at Rs 6.50 lakhs. There are 13 variants across three engine options and it’s the first car in India to debut a 1.0-litre turbo charged gasoline direct injection. We have detailed the Venue across various criteria like engines, features as well as against its major rivals like the Mahindra XUV300 and the Maruti Vitara Brezza. Now here is a gallery from the launch venue.
1. The Hyundai Venue measures in at 3995mm in length, 1770mm in width and 1590mm in height, while the wheelbase is 2500mm.
2. The most striking design element of the Venue is the headlamps. They are positioned lower down on the face as mandated by future legal requirements in terms of light placement.
3. In profile, the design of the diamond cut alloy wheels stands out while the rear roofline rakes sharply and gives the Venue its crossover appearance.
4. It’s a black cabin with silver inserts on the dashboard and doors and in terms of features you get climate control, leather seats, sunroof and a fast charging USB port.
5. The highlight of the cabin is the 8.0-inch touchscreen system with Hyundai Blue Link technology. It has 33 features of which 10 are unique to India.
6. There are two petrol engines with the base models getting a 1.2-litre unit while the higher spec variants are offered with a 1.0-litre GDi engine and a seven-speed DCT. The diesel is a 1.4-litre unit and only gets a six-speed manual.
7. The Hyundai Venue is a rival to the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Honda WR-V and the Mahindra XUV300 in the sub-4 compact SUV segment.