- High performance model of the 8 Series range
- Expected to use 4.4-litre V8 and xDrive
- Will be priced at a premium over the i8
- Likely to get electric motor for additional boost
- Full luxury options
- Will spawn a Spyder and at least one higher performance model
BMW is heavily testing the M8 at the Nurburgring ahead of an early 2019 debut. The standard 8 Series will be revealed at Le Mans 2018 as BMW goes racing in the M8 GTE and this car will be a road-going derivative of the latter.
In standard BMW fashion, the M8 will be a bit of a sleeper in terms of appearance but pack a 615bhp+ punch from its 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 when it is launched. Obviously, it will be offered with a host of driving aids and technologies including an M-Spec xDrive AWD system found on the new M5 sedan. The car is expected to make use of the same CLAR platform found in the latest generation 7 Series and 5 Series.
It will be a performance model but would have all the luxuries that one may expect from a car of this pedigree and price range. Is it coming to India? We certainly believe as, so far, BMW has launched all its performance oriented models in India over the last few years.