- 2.0-litre TFSI petrol engine
- Quattro AWD and Seven-speed DCT
- Technology and Premium Plus variants
- Expected to be priced in the range of Rs 60 lakhs to Rs 65 lakhs
- Will take on BMW X3, Mercedes-Benz GLC, Volvo XC60 and the Jaguar F-Pace
The 2018 Audi Q5 will now get a petrol version which will be offered in two variants. The diesel version was launched earlier this year and this is a planned addition to the range.
The petrol engine is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit producing 250bhp/370Nm with power going to all wheels via seven-speed dual clutch unit and quattro all-wheel drive system. This same engine in the same configuration is already offered in the Q7 SUV.
The two variants for the Q5 will be the Premium Plus and Technology and these have been configured the same way as their diesel counterparts. This includes the same feature list, layout and design.
We believe that Audi will price the cars in the range of Rs 60 lakhs to Rs 65 lakhs. They compete against the likes of the BMW X3, Mercedes-Benz GLC, Volvo XC60 and the Jaguar F-Pace.