Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

A winner from Hyundai ALL the WAY!!

A user review on Hyundai Verna [2011-2015]. Written by Rishikesh Samant on 26 December, 2018

This car is discontinued
Rishikesh Samant's Ratings
Own a Hyundai Verna [2011-2015]?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Fluidic 1.6 CRDi SX AT
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres

In Jan 2015 I had decided to sell of my Swift and buy a compact sedan. One thing that was clear to me was that I wanted a diesel automatic. The only choices back then were Skoda Rapid, VW Vento and Hyundai Verna. I had taken test drives of the Rapid and Vento and honestly wasn't interested in the Verna as it was a 4 speed auto compared to the dual clutch 7 speed on the Germans. I went ahead with booking the Rapid but the I don't know what snapped in me, as soon as I signed the booking for Rapid, I immediately drove to my nearest Hyundai showroom and checked out the Verna. Its now the time for revelations !! The dealer did not have an automatic for test drive and hence I had to take the manual. I know its not an apples to apples, but hey, that's what was made available. Immediately, the space on offer in the Verna compared to the German rivals and the fit and finish were apparent. Still I was hesitant as the Germans had DSG and ESP which were absent in the Korean. As I took the test drive, the Verna started growing upon me with the diesel engine refinement and cabin insulation. Also the suspension was softer that the Germans. After the test drive, I was in dilemma. The Rapid and the Verna were neck to neck although each offered a different option. It all boiled down to the after sales service and maintenance where clearly the Hyundai triumphed and "the head over heart" decision was made for me. I cancelled the Skoda booking and bought the Verna. Since then, I have clocked 60000+ kms till date on my Verna and each drive is more charming than the previous.

Rishikesh Samant on 27 Dec, 2018 at 07:24 PM

I have written a review on Hyundai Verna [2011-2015] and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: A winner from Hyundai ALL the WAY!!