My first family car The Hyundai Santro Xing GL! What a Car it is, undoubtedly the best in its segment. There are tons of emotions attached with me to this car. Bought the All New Santro 2018-2020 BSIV Sportz trim in June 2019 after selling our old Santro. And man oh man! What an upgrade it is. Feels refreshing, charming and feature rich too. The buying experience was very good, the salesperson was very polite as well as our servicing was done without any issues at all. Talking about riding experience, it is good in terms of city drivability and it soaks up the bumps and potholes pretty well. On the highways, yes you can feel that the car is a bit unstable considering its weight. In terms of looks well its subjective, some might like some might not. I personally didn't like the front fascia of Santro at the launch but when I saw it with my eyes, it was okay like neither phenomenal nor worst. Performance is good too by the 1.1L Epsilon Petrol engine. I wish the power could be more around like 75Ps as the WagonR offers 82PS with its 1.2L K10 Petrol. In 1st gear pickup is good, 2nd gear there is a bit of lag but past 2500 RPM, it shows it's performance at its best. The most shocking bit is that this car gives me more mileage as per the claimed mileage by Hyundai i.e 20.3 km/l. I get around 18kmpl in city (without AC) and 24 km/l in highway. If we turn on the AC, there is a bit lag in performance and you could literally feel it while driving the car but that is expected at this price point.
1. Good Handling and Performance
2. Good Fuel Economy (more than expected)
3. No panel gaps, plastics are of good quality
4. Premium interiors
5. Spacious, good for tall passengers
7. AC is powerful
6. A practical city car
1. Unsatisfactory ergonomics (power window switches, no auto intermittent for wiper)
2. Too much cost cutting (no door lock switch, no steering or seat height adjust, no headrest, hell even the Hyundai logo in steering is blacked out)
3. No Alloy wheels even on the top trim i.e almost 7 lakh rupees.
4. At 2 stars NCAP, it could have improve its build quality.