I purchased i10 Nios Sportz in July 2020. It cost me 7.15L on road with 55k discount from Shivam Hyundai Baner Pune MH 411057. The buying experience was not as expected due to ongoing pandemic. There was no ceremony, just submit documents and drive.
In my opinion, the Sportz version is the most value for money variant as it has almost all features required in daily routine. You wouldn't really want to spend a premium amount for gimmick features like wireless charger, engine start-stop etc.
The driving experience so far has been great. The pickup in good and trust me its not like any other Hyundai car. It feels planted on-road and steering has some feedback (don't expect it to be like Ford or even Honda). You can comfortably cruise at 120kmph on highways and you won't feel the nervousness that you have in swift or for that matter, even in a segment above cars like Honda amaze/Dzire. It's definitely better than Hyundai standards.
Also, I read somewhere that people think it is overpriced. You get fully loaded sportz variant at almost the price of swift Vxi which doesn't have much to offer on the table.
Build quality is good and car weights 981 Kg. My other car Honda Amaze weights 934 Kg so you can rest be assured about build quality from outside. Interiors are top-notch and you will not see cost-cutting anywhere except on missing out the cooled glove box. All the screws and nut bolts are locked by the company so unless you don't open them, there will not be a rattling sound. I really like this setting from Hyundai and maybe that is the reason most of their cars are rattle free. This is a big plus as it competes against swift which has time and again shown that as soon as you cross 5000 kms you start getting rattling sound from the dashboard and other panels.
The car is definitely a head-turner and looks like a step ahead in design as compared to other cars. The design is sharp and edgy. It also gets projector fog lamps which are first in the segment.
1. Highway stability.
2. Punchy and responsive engine.
3. Fully loaded from Magna variant itself.
4. Chilled AC and rear AC vents.
5. Smooth driving.
6. No cabin noise. Hard to know if engine is on without looking at odometer.
7. Tyre profile is good. Though there is a bit of mileage drop due to high tyre width, it improves your driving dynamics.
8. Very less road noise inside the cabin
Apollo stock tyres are very good.
9. Interior screams premium and quality.
10. Seats are comfortable for long drives. I am 6.1 ft and thigh support is good for me.
1. No cooled glovebox in Sportz variant.
2. Spare parts are a little bit expensive.
3. Only 2 rear parking sensor as compared to normal 4 sensors.
4. Fixed driver headrest.
Long story short, Hyundai has great service centres where customers are satisfied and that reflects in their rating too. If you want a safe no-nonsense petrol hatchback in a budget of less than 8L then close your eyes and go for it. It is a quality product and true value for money.