Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

New Honda Amaze 2018 Pickup/Acceleration/Reverse Issue - Honda Amaze Review

A user review on Honda Amaze. Written by KundanKumar1983 on 07 June, 2018

Price: ₹ 5.93 - 9.83L
KundanKumar1983's Ratings
Own a Honda Amaze?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven for a few hundred kilometres
Fuel Economy : 13.5 kpl
Good : Exterior, Interior
Bad : Pickup, Shockers, Average, Reversing

I was a proud owner of a Honda City IDTECH car which I bought almost 1.5-2 years ago. Seeing the performance of the car and brand image of Honda, I decided to buy new Honda Amaze 2018 for my wife against Maruti Dzire that we first had thought of buying. We had pre-booked new Amaze, and got the delivery of car on 23rd May, and since then it has been very painful and frustrating experience.

I immediately noticed following major issues while driving the new Amaze for 1-2 days:-

1. The car has pick up/acceleration issue and loses all power when road is steep, especially when you try to accelerate on a steep road after braking. It loses its power to an extent that sometimes it stops.
  2. The car vibrates a lot while reversing.
  3. Poor average – the car is giving an average of 13-13.5 on highways.
  4. There is noise coming probably from shockers when car goes into a little deep jerking, and/or on speed breakers.

The new Amaze was bought from following dealer – Delight Honda, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi.

I have taken the vehicle back to the dealer two times now. First they were hesitant about issues, but after checks and inspection they also now acknowledge the problem, and have advised me that they are talking to Honda Technical R&D department for the resolution and the car might needs some change of parts. They also informed that they have come to know that same issues are reported (esp pickup and reverse) in other dealers as well by few other customers, and Honda Technical Department might take 7-10 days to come back and respond on the issue.

This all experience has now gone very frustrating knowing that new Amaze 2018 has got manufacturing defects, and the issues have now started surfacing on social media from different parts of country. I saw few posts and YouTube videos of other customers on internet.

Each moment of driving the new Amaze is now filled with disappointment and frustration, and I have started regretting my decision to buy Amaze over Dzire.

Please could you share and let us know if you are also facing the same problem? And what you did to actually get the issues sorted? What would be the process of refund of this faulty car should I wish to go for refunds and buy Dzire then?

ADITYA BHARDWAJ on 23 Feb, 2019 at 11:03 PM

Sir, you must heard the quote" ek taraf kuan dusri taraf khai" I read your experience about your car. Dont regret your decision to leave the MARUTI DZIRE because DZIRE is a 3rd class product I have already wasted my hard earned money on DZIRE as it has a serious issue of jerking and vibration during intial pickup and driving this car on the climb is a life risk and since last 10 months MARUTI fails to provide any solution and trying to convince that it is a default chrecterstic of DZIRE.

ANIL

ADITYA BHARDWAJ on 23 Feb, 2019 at 10:47 PM

ANIL

Dhinu on 29 Jul, 2018 at 09:32 AM

Honda Amaze 2013 model iVTech Vx owner:

The pick up issue is there for Amaze since the beginning. I always deal with this on road with my car. Sometimes if I have to suddenly reduce the speed of the car and try to accelerate from there, I feel like there is no connection between the throttle and the engine. I have even tried pushing the accelarator max, so that the touches backside; still the car speed wont start increasing and it takes around 5-10 seconds to increase the speed even if it is in 2nd gear. By this time the other vehicles behind would be honking a lot or start scolding as if I am blocking them when it is a heavy traffic.

Dhinu on 29 Jul, 2018 at 09:13 AM

Dhinu on 29 Jul, 2018 at 09:13 AM

Santosh on 20 Jul, 2018 at 03:07 PM

Hello all reviewers,

request all to mention which model you bought and fuel type. that will help readers to be more causious about their planned purchases.

mejority i seen people ignore to write model and fuel type. pick up issue for example may not same in petrol vs diesel veriant

hitesh on 07 Jun, 2018 at 11:48 PM

hi

i had bought honda new amaze on 30th may and on same day i recognize one fault that outgoing calls are not going through bluetooth. i am using V variant petrol and music cum bluetooth system used by honda in this variant is from MINDA. I had brought the car to the service centre of hondaafter receiving no help from cherish honda rohini for last 7 days, at service centre where MInda personnel came downto check the car he admit that system has this fault then he tried the same bluetooth connectivity issue with other new V variants standing at the nearby showroom and he acknowledge the same fault, which he very well covered with videos as well. later he has reported the issue to his team but still they are ready to accept that system is at fault wherein honda personnel present during his visit clearly admitted that system is faulty.

The aforesaid was addition to what you had mentioned, i have also felt the acceleration - specially the pickup is loose even on flat roads and along with that brakes are not very steady.

I have made video of my problem and have registered complaint with honda today only.

I had also chosen amaze over dzire but apart from looks everything looks hazy till now.

I am looking forward for proper actions by honda otherwise I will take some major step.

Kundan Kumar on 07 Jun, 2018 at 06:01 PM

I have written a review on Honda Amaze and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: New Honda Amaze 2018 Pickup/Acceleration/Reverse Issue