Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Need Guidence for MBA

Pages : 12
#1 29-May, 2009 12:34 PM
Rohit Jaswal
Long-termer
Joined Date: 25 Feb 2009

Hi all.....

Plz help me i am in great dilegma... i am planning to do MBA from IIPM is it worth to go for that or should i go for SMU or ICFAI(correspondence) MBA i want to know is it good to do it from IIPM... I have total work Exp. of 4 Years in BPO.........Please reply soon... 

0 members liked this post

#2 29-May, 2009 12:51 PM
Rachit
Best-seller
Joined Date: 07 Nov 2008

IIPM is the last option I can suggest anyone for MBA. Its pathetic. Rest all I'm not that sure. Others can guide you.

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just ran out of talent!

#3 29-May, 2009 01:32 PM
Rohit Jaswal
Long-termer

Posted by Rachit Hirani

IIPM is the last option I can suggest anyone for MBA. Its pathetic. Rest all I'm not that sure. Others can guide you.

do you have any  bad experience with IIPM

#4 29-May, 2009 01:38 PM
Rachit
Best-seller
Joined Date: 07 Nov 2008

Many of my friends have. 4 to be more specify. Management, and lots of things, never bothered to ask for more details on it.

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just ran out of talent!

#5 29-May, 2009 01:58 PM
Rohit Jaswal
Long-termer

Posted by Rachit Hirani

Many of my friends have. 4 to be more specify. Management, and lots of things, never bothered to ask for more details on it.

thanks for reply rachit but there is always a good placement from IIPM every year

#6 29-May, 2009 02:04 PM
Kiran
Long-termer
Joined Date: 17 Feb 2009

My opinion..
Doing MBA with any specialization is good from ICFAI, SCDL, Welingkar [Mumbai]. Since, you are in BPO industry, SCDL is better as it has got good recognition in IT industries.

Wagon R | Ford Fiesta | Fiat Linea

#7 29-May, 2009 02:08 PM
Rohit Jaswal
Long-termer

Posted by Kiran

My opinion..
Doing MBA with any specialization is good from ICFAI, SCDL, Welingkar [Mumbai]. Since, you are in BPO industry, SCDL is better as it has got good recognition in IT industries.

Kiran

I am from chandigarh & if i go for regular it is possible from IIPM as ICFAI fees is 7.5 Lakh & IIPM is 5.5Lakh without global exposure & last date of registration is 30th May

#8 30-May, 2009 07:51 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

IIPM is fraud (well, almost!) They have a very very shady tie up with a belgian universityn which is so small, likely IIPM is the major reason it exists. The legality of their degrees is also a question. It is a overhyped (with student's easy money) fiefdom started by the father chaudhury, and now run and perpetuated by his son, Arindam Chaudhury.

In the field of education, if someone is 'radically' different from all the rest of the world, one should be skeptical. Afterall, there are rules and therefore set procedures to do things in an organized world. If somebody says, dunk your head under water and try to breath, it's a new way we have pioneered, would you listen? Why then do we listen to the 'radically different' way in which these guys try to do things? The radical difference here is they are lining their own pockets, rather than imparting quality education.

Googling on IIPM would also yield a wealth of information, so do it pronto!

Also look at this small print in the brochure from IIPM -

Posted by IIPM
These Degrees are awarded by IMI after teaching IIPM students during
their GOTA trips and in recognition of IIPMs excellent standard of
education and training in entrepreneurship. IIPM teaches only its
own programmes and does not teach IMIs programmes. These Degrees
also do not come under the purview of AICTE, UGC or other acts.

Last Updated: 30-May, 2009 08:05 PM, by Krishna

#9 01-Jun, 2009 09:53 AM
Rohit Jaswal
Long-termer

@krishna i googled & found lot of stuff regarding IIPM.....so i droped the idea of IIPM again i am confused & not sure what to do SCDL provide Diploma not degree...now i have two options ICFAI or SMU(Sillim Manipal University 

#10 01-Jun, 2009 11:22 AM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

ICFAI would have been a very good choice some 10-12 years ago, when my friend did it. Now they have become yet another chain of shops that cash in on the MBA hoopla.

SCDL is steady, mainstream and is quite will recognized. If you are already working, SCDL is the best choice. Otherwise, go for Symbiosis regular courses. PGDBM and MBA are often used interchangeably in Indian context, so relax on that count.

I myself registered for SCDL in 2003, but dropped out as could not sustain interest as otherwise I am working in technical field, not mgmt.

Looking at it, MBA institute choice is a hobson's choice, if you are not fortunate enough (or bright enough Tongue out) for IIMs. If we compare IIPM and Sybiosis, both are private institutions, started by Bengali Profs, and currently being run by their second generation. Whereas IIPM is flashier and shadier, symbiosis has retained a measured dignity.

Sikkim Manipal University had got into trouble with accreditation some time ago, when it was asked to remove the word 'University' from its name. Then somehow the matter was mended and now I see it is recognized by UGC as well as AICTE.

Last Updated: 01-Jun, 2009 11:28 AM, by Krishna

Pages : 12
Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 Mon-Fri & Sun (10 AM - 7 PM)
Sat (10 AM - 5:30 PM)
Toll free