Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Modifications, Accessories & Audio System for Swift

#291 21-Apr, 2009 07:33 PM
Binoy
Joined Date: 23 Apr 2008

Ami the RMS output has been clarified by Sam(yeti of TBHP fame) to be less than 300rms(cant find the thread though)-there is some issue with the info on the JBL website.

Yes running the two coils separate(as in series and not parallel) would be ideal.

Here in this case i guess a good SVC sub at 4 ohm would do the work better.(the money saved can be invested in damping)

Its Ashwin's call.

Last Updated: 21-Apr, 2009 07:34 PM, by Binoy.Thomas
0 members liked this post

#292 22-Apr, 2009 12:37 PM
Ami
Ami
Legend
Joined Date: 12 Sep 2008

Posted by Binoy Thomas

Ami the RMS output has been clarified by Sam(yeti of TBHP fame) to be less than 300rms(cant find the thread though)-there is some issue with the info on the JBL website.

Here is the thread. In the latter half of the discussion it was asked to him again. He didn't however respond this time. Anyways it is not much of a difference to be concerned about.

Posted by Binoy Thomas

Yes running the two coils separate(as in series and not parallel) would be ideal.

It would be neither series nor parallel Wink

Posted by Binoy Thomas

Here in this case i guess a good SVC sub at 4 ohm would do the work better.(the money saved can be invested in damping)

I would totally second this.

#293 24-Apr, 2009 07:59 AM
Ashwin Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Apr 2009

Hi ami & Binoy

Yesterday I spoken with the Maruti dealer said that swift is on the way from Gurgaon to Chennai hope reaching Chennai by tomorrow or Monday.

I have narrow down to some of the speakers and head units based upon the previous discussion

Head unit - Alpine CDA-9886/DEH-P5150UB

Front Component Speaker - Polk db6501

Rear (round) speaker - Polk db521

Sub - Polk db1240

Amp - Alpine MRP-F600/PX300.4/JBL 1004

What will be the total cost of the setup?

How about the Polk db1240 sub if you have any other sub VFM let me know

Which amps I have to go ahead hope listed amps are in the same category?

Ami I believe you have purchased speaker system from Chennai can you share me the contact details.

How about sunfilms in the front windscreen, door and rear. Suggest some Brand, best model and it should be value for money.

Once of the tire dealer in Chennai quoted 17000 for 14inch HR alloy of 5 sets is that good price to grab?

Top Rear spoiler - where should I buy, how about Maruti genuine accessory shall I go for rear spoiler from them? Which rear spoiler looks good and sportier? If you suggest buying it from outside will they match color exactly same as body color?

#294 24-Apr, 2009 11:59 AM
Ami
Ami
Legend

Posted by Ashwin Kumar

Head unit - Alpine CDA-9886 - 12k

DEH-P5150UB - 8-9k

Front Component Speaker - Polk db6501 - 7k

Rear (round) speaker - Polk db521 - 3000

Sub - Polk db1240 - 4k
Enlosure - 1-2k

Amp - Alpine MRP-F600/PX300.4/JBL 1004 - 9-14k

Cables - 2k / Damping - 5k
What will be the total cost of the setup? - 40-50k

Please find my replies above in Bold.

Instead of Polk 521 consider 651. (can be avoided if rear occupancy is nill)

Posted by Ashwin Kumar

How about the Polk db1240 sub if you have any other sub VFM let me know

Kicker and GZ is better than Polk and in the same budget. I would suggest you to get one from these.

Posted by Ashwin Kumar

Which amps I have to go ahead hope listed amps are in the same category?

The above amps are just fine. The JBL would be more VFM. There is a model from Infinity and GZ in the same range.

Posted by Ashwin Kumar

Ami I believe you have purchased speaker system from Chennai can you share me the contact details.

Shop Details:

Car Auto Accesories
8, Wood Road, Chennai - 2.
Near LIC Building, Mount Road.
Ask someone about woods road after you reach Spencer's. Once you enter the shop, walk a lil forward. This would be the first shop on the left. Owner's name is Sunil Baid.

Posted by Ashwin Kumar

How about sunfilms in the front windscreen, door and rear. Suggest some Brand, best model and it should be value for money.

VKool is the best available. Would cost around 15k.

Next best would be 3M/Llumar would cost 2500 for doors and rear and 4500 for front.

Garware would cost 1-2k lesser in total than 3M/Llumar.

Posted by Ashwin Kumar

Once of the tire dealer in Chennai quoted 17000 for 14inch HR alloy of 5 sets is that good price to grab?

Yes.

Posted by Ashwin Kumar

Top Rear spoiler - where should I buy, how about Maruti genuine accessory shall I go for rear spoiler from them? Which rear spoiler looks good and sportier? If you suggest buying it from outside will they match color exactly same as body color?

Spoilers comes without paint. So dont worry about the colour. Get it from outside as it would only cost 1/3rd.

Designs and all, take it according to your taste.

Last Updated: 24-Apr, 2009 12:00 PM, by Ami

#295 24-Apr, 2009 04:04 PM
Binoy

Ami, Ashwin seems to have the same set of questions that you asked many a month ago-His above post bears an uncanny resemblance to your first post on this thread!

Last Updated: 24-Apr, 2009 04:06 PM, by Binoy.Thomas

#296 24-Apr, 2009 04:11 PM
Ami
Ami
Legend

Oh Yes!!!

Sweet Memories & My first post at CarWale.

Last Updated: 24-Apr, 2009 04:12 PM, by Ami

#297 06-May, 2009 01:59 PM
Varun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Oct 2008

Hi Benoy/Ami

I'm posting again after a while... . How are you guys.

I have a doubt regarding my ICE. My current setup is as follows..

I have a dual din Kenwood.. 2 component speakers

Polk - front

JBL GTO - rear

Cerwin Vega - woofer

JBL 75.4 - Amp

Right now the woofer drives the woofer and the front component. The rear component are connected directly to the HU. I feel that the rear components are too soft at low volumes.. Its hardly audible. Is there a way to fine tune/tweak it so that the rear performs well..

Do u think i wud need to buy a mono block for the woofer and use the 75.4 for front and rear components ?

I'm really happy with its performance but think it would be much better if the rear also doing well..

I'm confused plzz help !!

#298 06-May, 2009 07:56 PM
Anil Kumar
Long-termer
Joined Date: 03 Mar 2009

Posted by Varun Priyan

Do u think i wud need to buy a mono block for the woofer and use the 75.4 for front and rear components ?

Varun, I'm neither an expert nor an experienced user. Even though my opinion may not be 100% reliable, as a member of this forum I am venturing to express it. You may verify the accuracy of this from seniors.

I have read that a sub would best be driven by a dedicated mono amp rather than a bridged multi channel amp. Further, releasing the sub from the 75.4 would enable you to connect the rear compos to it which will undoubtedly provide you excellant output form both rear fills.

If you can - please pen down the cost of your ice setup.

Last Updated: 06-May, 2009 07:58 PM, by anilagdr

#299 07-May, 2009 05:59 AM
Binoy

Varun, Anil has covered the basics-the mono would make the sub happy.

Another option is to upgrade the HU.

A mono(average one) would cost in the region of 7-8K, for the same amount you can go in for a good HU(pio-6050ub) which has a better processor/HPF/LPF-equalisers and dedicated preouts.

This will actually improve the overall SQ of the system(even the front polks).

Another issue to look into would be to upgrade the wiring and the HU settings(especially fader).

#300 26-May, 2009 01:00 PM
Amnish Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 May 2009

Hi Guys

first of all congratulations for such a successful and popular thread. Its a real knowledge base. I've been reading this thread since morning and it really made my day. I've read the whole 8 month long compilation in eight hours (would be a struggle to retain it all in my head though). Its time to knock of from my office and every body has left and I alone in the office writing this.....I really enjoyed each and every post, suggestion, picture and information shared. When I joined Carwale I never knew its gonna be this extensive and in-depth coverage of topics and exciting. I've been looking for something exactly like this(currently I am living abroad and I was interested to know about Indian cars and accessories). Ami, the way you have presented your music system installation incident, that was awesome man. That was straight from a serious music lover's heart. (No bias, All other contributors to this post have done excellent job as well)

I have a quick question related to HU. How good are the integrated HU's (Disc players) in the dashboard? I mean in the top end cars most come with dashboard integrated HU. Is it feasible to replace that with those available in retail electronic market?? (if yes, wouldn't that look awefull?). Adding amp and speakers would make sense to integrated system?

Regards

Amnish

The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.

Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 Mon-Fri & Sun (10 AM - 7 PM)
Sat (10 AM - 5:30 PM)
Toll free