Identifying your location...

Are you from Mumbai?

Yes No

Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

RTO TAX REFUND / TRANSFER POSSIBLE

#41 10-Dec, 2008 10:20 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Sorry, I'm not aware of it.  Hope someone from TN is able to post some info here.  In the meantime, please enquire locally (TN).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.
0 members liked this post

#42 27-Dec, 2008 11:00 AM
Vanraj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2008

Dear Mr Pankaj Prasad and other friends

If I purchase car from delhi on temporary registration, is it possible for me to register in Gujarat within one month.

If yes, then is there any entry tax etc.

pls advice

#43 27-Dec, 2008 09:58 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Yes, you can purchase it from Delhi.  Based on the temp. registration (& insurance), you can drive it to Gujarat & get it registered here. 

The entry tax is 4% (not very sure - will update if any +/-).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#44 29-Dec, 2008 11:06 PM
Dharti
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Dec 2008

Apply in form "A" under Right to Information Act along with precribed fees in prescribed form,.seek for information (1) copy of the procedure /progress on my appliction for refund dt.............(2)Name of  Persons respossible to treat my application, (3) what is time limit to clear application (4) what time you will take to make me refund,(5) who is responsible for delay.

#45 31-Dec, 2008 10:52 PM
Dharti
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Dec 2008

Posted by Manish

I was in Surat , Gujarat and paid lifetime tax on Maruti purchased their. Subsequently shifted to Dehradun and paid lifetime tax but did not take refund of tax paid at Surat. Now I 've shifted back to Ankleshwar, Gujarat. Am I need to pay lifetime tax again in Gujarat?

-Mehta, Ankleshwar

On arrival in Gujrat within 7 days one has to acknowledge in prescribed form FT to rto, enclose proof of tax paid in gujarat, ie. certificate acquired from rto surat, it enable you to get exemtion from paying life time tax again.

Last Updated: 31-Dec, 2008 10:54 PM, by dhartichokshi

#46 10-Aug, 2009 06:14 PM
Rakhi Gupta
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Aug 2009

Hi Pankaj, I am planning to buy a new car. Currently I reside in Mumbai but will move to Delhi after 1-2 years. Wanted to know what would be the transfer charges I would incur for re-registration of this car in Delhi. As I would already pay road tax in Mumbai on purchase, will I be paying additional taxes in Delhi on transfer. What is the procedure for getting refund from Mumbai RTO, if any?Or is it possible to purchase it now from Delhi and run it in Mumbai for 2 yrs and take it back to Delhi after that.

Please suggest.

Last Updated: 10-Aug, 2009 06:23 PM, by rakhi.gupta

#47 10-Aug, 2009 07:15 PM
Pankaj Prasad

If the car is purchased/registered in Mumbai, it will require to be re-registered in Delhi on your relocating there by paying life-time tax as applicable to old cars on depreciated value assessed by RTO (Delhi).  Thereafter you can seek pro-rata refund of life-time paid at Mumbai (cumbersome job).

If you buy it from Delhi & use it in Mumbai, you will have to get it re-registered in Mumbai by paying the life-time tax as discussed above.  In that case, you need not seek refund of life-time tax paid at Delhi – it will continue to remain valid when you relocate back to Delhi.  Once you relocate back to Delhi, you can seek refund of life-time tax paid at Mumbai.

#48 28-Nov, 2009 09:24 AM
Chrstopher
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Nov 2009

What is CRTI? What are the documents for Road tax refund from bangalore RTO .

I have the RC book with the new address endorsed by the other state RTO.i have

#49 02-Dec, 2009 12:04 AM
Pankaj Prasad

You will have to produce the RC Book & Receipt of tax paid (new state).  Refund is a cumbersome job.  Agents manage well.

#50 02-Dec, 2009 07:19 PM
Darshan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Dec 2009

I have purchased a used car here in bangalore. It was originally registered at Bharuch RTO. I have re-registered at bangalore by paying the necessary road tax. Can anyone guide me how to claim refund of tax already paid at Bharuch RTO?

#51 05-Dec, 2009 09:41 AM
Pankaj Prasad

As stated just a post before...

Posted by Pankaj Prasad

You will have to produce the RC Book & Receipt of tax paid (new state).  Refund is a cumbersome job.  Agents manage well.

#52 20-Feb, 2010 01:28 AM
Jatin
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 Feb 2010

Posted by Pankaj.Prasad

Yes, you can purchase it from Delhi.  Based on the temp. registration (& insurance), you can drive it to Gujarat & get it registered here. 

The entry tax is 4% (not very sure - will update if any +/-).

As i have heard, Entry tax is slaced by HC in karnataka. so what would be total cost of bringing new vehicle from Guj on temp registration to karnataka and registered it here?

#53 20-Feb, 2010 08:40 AM
Pankaj Prasad

You will have to pay life-time tax.  12% for car upto Rs.5 lac, 13% for 5-10 lac & 16% for cars costing more than 10 lac.

Have a look at the KA Road Transport website.  Go through other details.

#54 20-Feb, 2010 10:39 PM
Nitesh Gupta
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Feb 2010

My new tata safari (two month old) was theft. I had got claim for insurance co. Is it possible to get road tax amount refund or adjusted into my new vehicle.

MODs' Remark: Please do not use UPPERCASE (since converted in to Sentence case).

Last Updated: 25-Feb, 2010 09:04 AM, by Pankaj.Prasad

#55 25-Feb, 2010 09:03 AM
Pankaj Prasad

To the best of my knowledge, there's no provision for adjustment of tax.

#56 25-Feb, 2010 10:04 AM
Rishi
Long-termer
Joined Date: 27 May 2009

Don't know about other states but there was some amendment made last year in Maharashtra for refund of road tax in case of a theft.

Have a look at this link

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/gearing-up-for-a-fight/521953/0

Last Updated: 25-Feb, 2010 10:06 AM, by Rishi

#57 25-Feb, 2010 12:13 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Thanks Rishi for citing the case.  If the amendment comes through (yet to come), it would be a great relief in cases where the person has already undergone the loss & agony arising out of the theft.  I guess, the same should also be extended in case of total loss (accident).

I think Nitesh can make a representation to the local RTO.

#58 08-Apr, 2010 02:06 PM
Abhishek Gupta
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Apr 2010

Posted by Pankaj.Prasad

Yes, but if one re-locates, one has to get the vehicle re-registered by paying taxes afresh - life time tax paid in the earlier state can be sought for, for refund (pro-rata basis).

Hi ,

I need an urgent help.I have Noida number car. I got the NOC from noida to Mumbai rto.Unfortunately before i could get the car registered in Mumbai my cars original document got sttolen.Please help what must i do now.

Thnak

Abhishek

#59 08-Apr, 2010 02:07 PM
Abhishek Gupta
New Arrival

Hi ,

I need an urgent help.I have Noida number car. I got the NOC from noida to Mumbai rto.Unfortunately before i could get the car registered in Mumbai my cars original document got sttolen.Please help what must i do now.

Thnak

Abhishek

#60 08-Apr, 2010 02:07 PM
Abhishek Gupta
New Arrival

Hi ,

Thnak

Abhishek

#61 08-Apr, 2010 02:07 PM
Abhishek Gupta
New Arrival

Hi ,

Thnak

Abhishek

#62 08-Apr, 2010 02:33 PM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

Put a complain in Mumbai as well as Noida police stations. Take a copy of the complaint and request for duplicate RC and NOC for the car. Required documents for duplicate RC could be found in local RTO. Once you get the duplicate RC and NOC, you can get the re-register in Mumbai. The insurance would be easy to retrieve. Call the concerned insurance company, give the policy no/cover note no and request for the policy document. I dont feel any hassle in this. You may need to struggle/shell out some money for duplicate RC though.

Best Wishes.

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.

#63 12-Apr, 2010 11:25 AM
Abhishek Gupta
New Arrival

Posted by SolitaireKing

Put a complain in Mumbai as well as Noida police stations. Take a copy of the complaint and request for duplicate RC and NOC for the car. Required documents for duplicate RC could be found in local RTO. Once you get the duplicate RC and NOC, you can get the re-register in Mumbai. The insurance would be easy to retrieve. Call the concerned insurance company, give the policy no/cover note no and request for the policy document. I dont feel any hassle in this. You may need to struggle/shell out some money for duplicate RC though.

Best Wishes.

Thanks for quick reply.But is it possible to get the reregiteration done on the basis of xerox copy of Rc and NOC with FIR?Currently i am staying in Mumbai so it is difficult for me to go to Noida.

I spoke to few agents in noida and they are saying the on the basis of XEROX docs and FIR reregistarion can be done in Mumbai.Please advise.

Thanks

Abhishek

#64 12-Apr, 2010 11:51 AM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

As far as I know, originals are required. However, with FIR, yes it may be possible. Better to contact some local RTO Agent. And before doing any delay first register the complaint with police, atleast in Mumbai.

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.

#65 12-Apr, 2010 08:15 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Based on FIR, the RTO issues the papers marked 'duplicate'.  These are as much valid as are the originals.

Filing an FIR in Mumbai is not required.  File the same in Noida & get the formalities done with the Noida RTO.  The procedure will, however, be a little lengthy.  The papers so issued/re-issued by Noida RTO will stand valid/enforceable at Mumbai RTO.

#66 23-Apr, 2010 12:18 PM
Abhishek Gupta
New Arrival

Hi,

I am planning to go to Noida next week.Could you please let me know what all documents will be required for me to take along.

Few people are saying that i need some affidavit for thesame.

It woulld be very nice if you can provide me some RTO agent at Noida.

Thanks

Abhishek

Based on FIR, the RTO issues the papers marked 'duplicate'.  These are as much valid as are the originals.

Filing an FIR in Mumbai is not required.  File the same in Noida & get the formalities done with the Noida RTO.  The procedure will, however, be a little lengthy.  The papers so issued/re-issued by Noida RTO will stand valid/enforceable at Mumbai RTO.

[^^/quote^^]

#67 23-Apr, 2010 12:18 PM
Abhishek Gupta
New Arrival

Hi,

I am planning to go to Noida next week.Could you please let me know what all documents will be required for me to take along.

Thanks

Abhishek

[^^/quote^^]

#68 23-Apr, 2010 12:18 PM
Abhishek Gupta
New Arrival

Hi,

Thanks

Abhishek

[^^/quote^^]

#69 14-May, 2010 02:57 PM
Ankesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 14 May 2010

hi

Last Updated: 14-May, 2010 03:04 PM, by anks_hyd

#70 14-May, 2010 03:01 PM
Ankesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 14 May 2010

hi friends ,

I am at hyderabad and willing to buy a car of my friend registered at pune since he is moving abroad and car in gd condition. Pls suggest how to use vehicle at hyderabad without changing the registraton for hyderabad bcoz this is not permanent  place for me.Pls suggest urgently

thanks

anks

#71 25-May, 2011 05:33 PM
Chits
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 May 2011

Hi,

I am transfering my car from chandigarh to Mumbai. Its a 2004 old santro car. I got to know from one RTO that teh octroi is not needed.. whreas in the other Mumbai rto - the octroi is required. Can anyone help me if octroi is required for an old car .. Also how much would be the approxiation tax and regd charges?

Is it ok to give the originals to the agents for the xfer process?

Thanks.

#72 09-Jun, 2011 10:19 AM
Gaurav Awasthi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 09 Jun 2011

dear sir my name is deepak kumar shukla.I am belong to kanpur  right now iam noida. But my D.L. has made from gujrat state .It is 12 yrs old . it is a heavy. but i want to transfer my D. L. in delhi state so pls guide me how can i do it.

#73 22-Jan, 2012 04:23 PM
Sreejith
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 Jan 2012

hiii,

im a student who is goin to do mba in delhi. im from kerala. is it possible for me to buy a used car in delhi with my kerala driving licence and kerala id proof?

#74 23-Jan, 2012 10:45 AM
Kamath
Best-seller
Joined Date: 30 Jul 2010

Posted by daresree

hiii,

im a student who is goin to do mba in delhi. im from kerala. is it possible for me to buy a used car in delhi with my kerala driving licence and kerala id proof?

You dont need a DL to buy a car. But you cna always use it as an ID proof.

Others drive to live. I Live-2-Drive!
Last Updated: 23-Jan, 2012 10:46 AM, by live2drive

#75 23-Apr, 2012 06:44 PM
Pankra
New Arrival
Joined Date: 23 Apr 2012

Dear Sir,

Please note these things:

1. I bought a Swift Dezire zdi on 28th March 2012 and got the TP done.The validity of TP was upto 3rd April 2012. I had paid the State Road tax on 31st March 2012 itself. As the state of Karnataka had holidays in April 1st week and I could not get the vehiicle registered. On 9th April 2012,As i was going to register the vehicle, I met with an accident and the vehicle got totally damaged and being processed for Total Loss. Please let me know...Can i get the refund? Or Can i use the same Tax for my next vehicle( Same vehicle model being booked) Please let me know the same and oblige.Thanks in advance sir.

Last Updated: 24-Apr, 2012 11:38 AM, by SolitaireKing

#76 07-Sep, 2012 01:34 PM
Pankaj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Sep 2012

I transfer my Hero honda splender from Gujrat to Karnataka and get the new registration number of karnataka after paying road tax of the state. Which Form I need to fill and the documnets to be submit to Gujrat RTO to get the refund of my previous road tax paid.  From wheir i can get detail info on this.

#77 21-Jan, 2013 07:54 PM
Harshil
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Jan 2013

Hi,

I would like to know if i want to take my vehicle to another state for a short period(say a year) and will get it back to my hometown after that. Can you please let me know a good option to ride it in that state.

Harshil

#78 25-Jul, 2013 01:26 PM
Pratap
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Jul 2013

Dear Sir,

I have purchased a Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi in March 2013 REGISTERED in Ghaziabad, UP14 BX xxxx

I am Shifting to Pune, Maharashtra by July 2013. (4 Months after purchasing the Car)

After going through the previous posts I came to know that I will have to get the Road Tax paid in Maharashtra state and also get the Car Re Registered in Pune MH12.

What about the Road Tax that I have paid in UP, Ghaziabad and how can I get the Refund for the same as the amount is huge almost Rs. 80,000. How do I manage it.

Do I need to pay the Octroi also in Pune, Maharashtra ?

Please confirm the exact time frames / durations till when I can drive my Car in Pune without completing the transfer formalities and without paying any penalty or fine.

Anticipating a quick response from you.

Regards,
Pratap. 

#79 25-Jul, 2013 01:44 PM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

Welcome aboard carwale Pratap

For the road tax paid in UP you can claim a refund but then you will get it is something only time can tell.

You wont have to pay octroi if you drive your car into pune but if you get it moved by packer and movers there are chances you might have to pay the octroi but I am not completely sure on this though. 

As for the time frame there is not exact time frame to be frank. There are people who have been driving other state cars in Pune for over years and never got caught and others have been caught in months. However since you are planning to get it registered in Pune anyway you can assume a time frame of around 1year at max but do keep either the toll receipts handy or the movers and packers receipt to prove that your car has not been around for more than 6 months. Alternatively pay the road tax as soon as come here. That will also save you any trouble with the cops

EDIT - the time frame as generally mentioned by RTO for this process is 45 days but might vary from case to case.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person
Last Updated: 25-Jul, 2013 01:57 PM, by centaur

#80 25-Jul, 2013 02:54 PM
Jayachandran
Legend
Joined Date: 29 Dec 2011

@ Pratap

The forty five days time period is absolutely correct, RTO Pune will send your form 29 to the RTO Ghaziabad from where you have got the NOC and wait for 45 days, if no reply is received from Ghaziabad it is presumed that the NOC you have submitted is correct and they don’t have any objection for the Regeistration in the new location, and the RC is issued in the new state. As suggested by SRI you pay the tax in the new state after a preliminary inspection by the RTO so that you can run your car with out any hassle from the cops. i dont remeber now but for a similar query in perhaps some othe thread i had given a detailed step by step procedure that is followed in Transfer cases. i have done this personally hence aware of it first hand i got my vehicle transfered from A.P TO T.N in the year 2008/9

S.JAYACHANDRAN  

I Go Home in a Ford Ecosport. Believe me it is cheap to learn from others mistakes
Last Updated: 25-Jul, 2013 03:16 PM, by s.jayachandran

#81 25-Jul, 2013 09:24 PM
Pratap
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Jul 2013

Thanks a lot Sri & Jaya for your prompt reply.
I will be driving from Delhi to Pune, so as mentioned by Sri I wont have to pay any octroi.
I will be staying in Pune for about 16 to 18 months and then will be moving to Bangalore so I think thers no point paying Lifetime Taax in Maharashtra.... I would rather pay annual tax and then the same thing in Bangalore, Karnataka.
What do you suggest. Is there a provision of paying yearly tax or so in Pune ? because theres no point paying lifetime tax in 3 different states which will be approx 2.5 to 3 Lakhs because after going through the previous posts I have never seen anyone mentioning that he / she has got his State Tax refunded from the previous state.
@ Jaya, please let me know whether you got your tax refunded when you transferred from AP to TN. Also, is the tax calculated on a pro rated basis or percentage of the vehicles invoice, any idea about the calculations (INR. 9,45,000)
Note : Financed by HDFC bank. 

Please suggest.
Regards,
Pratap

#82 26-Jul, 2013 09:20 AM
Jayachandran
Legend

@ Pratap

I am yet to get back the tax which i should get back from A.P, At the same time i should accept that neither I am following it closely, After i was transferred From A.P to Rajasthan then once again to A.P I.e. in HYDERABAD and now in T.N Anticipating all this i got my vehicle transferred to T.N on the first transfer itself,  The tax is calculated on the pro-rata basis for the remaining years up to which your RC is valid, if you are a central Govt Employee on official transfer than there are provisions by which you need not Register the vehicle in the new sate but just pay yearly tax, if not, I am not sure. Whether such provision exists.

S.JAYACHANDRAN

I Go Home in a Ford Ecosport. Believe me it is cheap to learn from others mistakes

#83 26-Jul, 2013 10:46 AM
Sridhar

@pratap - getting a refund is a big hassle and there is no guarantee on when you will get it and how many trips you will have to make to the RTO to get it. I understand the amount is high and cannot be left off but I would not pin much hopes on it if I were you.

Secondly if you are in Pune only for 18 months then you might want to stay off paying the tax because you should be able to drive the car in any state for a persid of 1 year without having to pay the tax but you might end up getting pulled over by cops. Having said that would also like to say that Bangalore cops are very strict from what I have heard. So in Blore you might want to be a bit carefull and speak to your friends there on how it works

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#84 26-Jul, 2013 12:40 PM
Jayachandran
Legend

@ Pratap

I would second SRI here there is no point in paying tax if it is for a short term, Generally the cops don’t stop private vehicles, It is only our fear that every time they may stop, I got my vehicle transferred to T.N and got the new Number also but i was  running it in A.Ps Number for quite some time before changing it, I don’t remember to have been stopped by cops, Even today my motor cycle runs on A.P registration in Chennai for almost 5 years, Never stopped by any cop. But I am aware that I cannot sell my motor cycle  now either in A.P OR IN TN.Laughing

S.JAYACHANDRAN

#85 26-Jul, 2013 02:14 PM
Sridhar

@Jaya - why is it that you wont be able to sell your bike?

#86 26-Jul, 2013 02:35 PM
Jayachandran
Legend

@ Sri

When I left A.P I obtained the NOC for my car as well as my bike, I completed the re registration process for the car but left it as it is for the bike, Now A.P has given the NOC and I have not registered it in T.N, Added to it the bike must Have completed its tenure of 15yrs I have to check the date, I purchased it in the year 1998, so dead struck, I simply cant do any thing now . I cant  get the FC in TN because it is not registered here, and A.P wont take it back without clearance from TN hence I propose to run it  as much as possible and then condemn it 

This reminds me of one incident in my life, i was transferred From Mumbai to Hyderabad and in the office I was asked to get all the clearances for reliving me from Mumbai, I was not a member of the office technical library at that time, and hence i was told by the librarian that he will not give me any clearance as you are not a member, but where as the HR people insisted that they cannot relieve me without the clearance from library STUPID RULES  sorry to be OT

S.JAYACHANDRAN

Last Updated: 26-Jul, 2013 02:37 PM, by s.jayachandran

#87 26-Jul, 2013 02:49 PM
Sridhar

Maybe you can try cancelling the NOC for AP and then do the FC at AP and sell it there. Its a hassle but then it you think you can get the price might be worth it

Between your office situation is a deadlock. HR wont give clearance without the library clearance and library wont give it since you were not a member . Hope you got the clearance finally without much problems

#88 27-Jul, 2013 02:56 PM
Srinivasa
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jul 2013

I have tgaken car in Mumbai and  when i have transferrred to  Mysore i have taken the NOC.As the tax was huge i have not registered  my car in mysore.How can i cancel this NOC which is already 3 years old. If i donot canel my NOC  what will happen

#89 27-Jul, 2013 04:50 PM
Jayachandran
Legend

@ Srinivas

Your question is already answered by me in my earlier post, you can’t sell the vehicle, other wise bit of cops hassles nothing more. I don’t know whether you are talking about your motorcycle or car, if it is a car you must see how to cancel your Noc in Mumbai and sell it there itself.

@ SRI

My motor cycle has run more than 70k and I have overhauled  it twice, I don’t think any original parts remains in it so no point in taking it to A.P etc The vehicle though is still in very good conditions, I am running it with in the colony when ever I travel alone. The plan is to Use it for some more time and the next time it falls with any major sickness, then I will put it for weight in Radhi shop Laughing The fact is i dont have any other Economical alternative.

S.J

Last Updated: 27-Jul, 2013 04:57 PM, by s.jayachandran

#90 28-Jul, 2013 05:57 PM
Ameya
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Jul 2013

Dear all,

thanks for the great information found here on CarWale forums.

I am Delhi/Noida for a few months due to work and about to get a rented place in Delhi/Noida, followed by buying an used car in NCR.

Supposing I buy an used car from Gurgaon, here are my questions:

i) Considering that I have address in Delhi state or UP state, what road tax implications and insurance implications do I have? As I would be buying this used car, I need to register in my name and there is no running away from road tax, etc. after the transfer to Delhi or Noida.

ii) What is the tax rate for Delhi state, Maharashtra state and UP state? We are talking of a hatchback like Punto 1.4 petrol or Polo 1.6 petrol only.

iii) Any advice on where i should get the rented place considering road tax implications (Delhi state address or UP state address)?

Request you all to advise.

Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 (8 AM - 9 PM) Toll free