Identifying your location...

Are you from Mumbai?

Yes No

Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#11 23-Jan, 2008 01:56 PM
Arun Kumar
Beloved
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2008
Thanks for the info.Who knows whether someone who reads this migh actually take the advice to heart and become an F1 driver.God knows we need some.

0 members liked this post

#12 23-Jan, 2008 09:58 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
... And I wish someone from us/CarWale becomes one.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#13 30-Jan, 2008 05:55 PM
Ashish Agarwal
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Jan 2008
thanks alot  ashish for providing such a great info and we will b more thankful if u tell us how to take that first step

#14 30-Jan, 2008 11:00 PM
Pankaj Prasad

I think Ashish has said that, as under (ready reference):

....You need to get the basics right and have to start from the lower levels of motor-racing. Get familiar with Go-Karting and try to participate in some of the national level championships. If you are able to impress some gods out there, you might be picked up by them to race for their teams. 

..... It is not just about speed at all. It is about fitness, concentration, reflexes, accuracy, braking points, turning points, hitting the kerb right and more importantly, knowing your machine.

..... Start with Go-Karting, race at national level championships, graduate to FISSME which will have you drive a single seater race car with Maruti 800 engine......

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#15 31-Jan, 2008 09:38 PM
Flyn2Aman
New Arrival
Joined Date: 31 Jan 2008
Posted by Nisarg

hy,

this is nisarg vyas from gujarat .I love speed so that i want to joing f1 car racing . Could u please send me proper information how to join. How much does it cost for tranning.

thanks

hi

cud u plz tell me in detail how to join F1 race

#16 01-Feb, 2008 10:03 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Please go through the details already explained by Ashish at post #3 (page #1). Thanks.

#17 01-Feb, 2008 06:26 PM
Ashish
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jun 2007
Hi everyone,

I really did not think that such an interest would be attracted towards this thread. I would like to thank everyone in here for showering good words for me I have tried to explain as explicitly and as simply as I could  about the basics of motorsports, hope people are finding it helpful. As mentioned by Pankaj, please refer the previous posts.

As for my racing experiences, it was fun, is all I can say!!! I raced the FISSMEs and tested the LGBs. It will get very technical if I start explaining it, so what I would do instead is do an article around it sometime and post it somewhere.. perhaps in the forum itself.

#18 02-Feb, 2008 10:21 AM
Pankaj Prasad

Ashish,

Yes, an artical in the forum will be beneficial. 

Besides, I would request here if you could also post an article on Auto Expo you just attended.  I understand it would be quite time consuming with so many cars out there (even if you summarised it), but it I feel it would really be worthwhile & first hand review of CarWale (you yourself attended it).

Thanks.

#19 03-Feb, 2008 05:28 PM
Gaurav
New Arrival
Joined Date: 03 Feb 2008
plz can any one tell me how to join f1

#20 03-Feb, 2008 08:26 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Gaurav, it's all mentioned in detail by Ashish at post #3 (page #1). Please go through it. If you have anything to ask/discuss beyond what is mentioned therein, you can post your query here - it will lead to further discussions in the benefit of all.  Thanks.

#21 04-Feb, 2008 07:01 PM
William
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Feb 2008

Hi everybody!!

Great site and great information. I used to race as a young boy and foolishly stopped to study. How do I find sponsors to get back into racing and into formula 1? any infomation would be appreciated - wllm_hollinger@yahoo.co.uk

#22 04-Feb, 2008 08:22 PM
Pankaj Prasad

William, if you are located in India, as explained earlier by Ashish, you need to start with Go-Karting & then participate at National Level Championships.  Thereafter, if you get into some team, you will be sponsored/funded, and could proceed to FISSME then Formula LGB or Hyundai & to Formula Rolon, the top level in India. Formula Ford or BMW would follow at international level before you could join Formula 1.

#23 07-Feb, 2008 02:53 PM
William
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Feb 2008

Thank you very much for that. Very helpful indeed. Is there a similar system in the UK, which is where I am located? Sorry, I should have metnioned it earlier.

Kind regards,

William H.

#24 07-Feb, 2008 05:14 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Yes, I had guessed that you were not located in India, and that is why I mentioned that "If you are located in India..." Anyway

Regarding the system in UK, I'm sorry I'm not aware of it.  Hope someone else is able to help you here - probably Ashish may (let's see).

#25 11-Feb, 2008 03:57 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Posted by Pankaj Prasad

Ashish,

Yes, an artical in the forum will be beneficial. 

Besides, I would request here if you could also post an article on Auto Expo you just attended.  I understand it would be quite time consuming with so many cars out there (even if you summarised it), but it I feel it would really be worthwhile & first hand review of CarWale (you yourself attended it).

Thanks.

Ashish,

Thank you so much for posting "Auto Expo", covering so many cars/launches.  Great information - I'm sure it will be very helpful to all the members/users & visitors of the site.

Thanks once again.

#26 16-Feb, 2008 11:59 PM
Animesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Feb 2008
hii,
      i am animesh dayal. i am 16yrs. old and am studying in class 11th at the moment in st. franci's college, lucknow. i am crazy about speed but not mad- i mean i know my and my vehcile's limits and i do not cross them, i have been the fastest rider amongst all my friends and in my locallity(that's the highest level at which i can compare myself with others at the moment) and want to take up racing as proffession wether car racing or bike racing- though i prefer bikes. actually i have'nt ever driven a car as yet but i know i'll love them as i love speed. i have obviouslly got a bicycle and a 60cc vehcile. but the main problem is that racing is too expensive. i want to know what can i do to realize my dream at this age with the least amount of investments.

#27 17-Feb, 2008 12:51 AM
Pankaj Prasad

Animesh, nothing to discourage you, but it is a fact that it is not an easy thing to accomplish.  There is plenty of competition at all levels & is quite expensive too.  Read through the details provided earlier by Ashish Jha in this thread itself  (page#1) by clicking the link: http://www.carwale.com/forums/ViewThread-3138-p1.html

#28 26-Feb, 2008 10:31 AM
Sahil
Best-seller
Joined Date: 27 Jul 2007
i used to race and wanted to become F1 driver....for this i even went to UK for Formula Renault...and after hard work i got a seat in there but just after 3 races in the calender year the suspension of my car failed i.e. they broke and i crashed.....and had a mini fracture in my ribs as the car overturned in the gravel trap.......my parents were scared of the risk and i had to abandon everything......also they said me to concentrate on the 10th board exams...and yes its hard...really hard....to get a seat in the formula renault was the toughest thing...there for 1 seat there are atleast 50 competitors.....

#29 26-Feb, 2008 04:35 PM
Gaurav
New Arrival

can i join go karting in bangalore?

#30 26-Feb, 2008 04:37 PM
Gaurav
New Arrival
can i join go karting for training?

This discussion is closed for new replies.
Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 (8 AM - 9 PM) Toll free