Identifying your location...

Are you from Mumbai?

Yes No

Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Hyundai Verna tested by CarWale

Pages : 1234567
#41 02-Jun, 2011 06:30 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

Guys, let's not take sides, especially with brands. After all, all bar none are after our monies!!

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.
0 members liked this post

#42 02-Jun, 2011 08:28 PM
Abhinav
Road-tested
Joined Date: 04 Feb 2011

centaur , we are on the same wavelength !!!!!!!

thats what i am emphasizing since my first post, that a brand which has won ..... the world over and another brand which hasnt won ..... the world over, when they come to india, both have to start from scratch.

obviously the former brand will have a headstart but still if the brand doesnt come out with a great finished product backed by a good vfm and overall brand effort n quotient, especially in a developing economy like india, its bound it will not get its due.

the linea turbojet is a prime example, to me its the best petrol car this side of 15 lakhs, i would even tie it with laura 1.8 tsi , which albeit faster , doesnt excite as many hearts as linea does. but fiat didnt back it up  in all centres across india and u find most of t jet owners trying to educate  and enlighten people about its real worth

well , even if a superior seeming brand comes out with a great product , and doesnt give u full value for the money, again , every informed customer will look for other options for that budget which may offer more features, irrespective of brand image.

prime example is the honda city, a brilliant car nevertheless, enjoyed a royal monopoly, in came sx4 , was shaken off its pedestal, came back as generation two, wrested back its throne, came sx4 vvt ,again shaken off, and then came the present beauty which again fought back the crown

then came vento , and now verna, which despite all their bash ups, still offer more vfm than city does, and hence now honda is finding it difficult to get back its crown

even if honda gets its diesel back ,and still doesnt manage to keep the price /oremium right, i dont think the diesel city will pick on the market

heck they plan to price the brio 5 lakh onwards, plain arrogance,thinking it will get them the masses segment, again overpricing it like jazz.

lets face it people, most buyers in india dont buy a car for performance or handling only, its the overall product which matters to the pocket.

i find people reacting the same way , more or less, to the verna , as they did to i20, - boat like handler, old technology in new name, zzzz etc.

now i20 is the best selling premium hatch, and i think verna will follow suit

roht and centuar are right, dont fight over brands, rather i would say , fight over cars....

w.r.t vento being better than verna, i dont think so , both are great in their own way, vento has great ride,handling,rear ac vents, miniamal turbo lag, but it conks up on bland interiors, lack of bluetooth steering controls costly ass and spares, and plain vanilla styling overall

verna scores in styling,interiors, exteriors,feature laden,smoother city ride quality,, cheaper ass and spares and more service centers ,outiight power and acceleration, while it gives up on high speed handling and ride quality due to its soft suspension

both cars have awedul rear view visiblity, both have the smoothest gear shifts , the vento has a better autobox,

so if u aint bothered about ass and spares, its evident u go for the vento, d, if no , then verna makes sense

#43 03-Jun, 2011 09:27 AM
Satyen Barot
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 May 2011

When are you going to review Mahindra Verito?

-------- Regards, Satyen.

#44 03-Jun, 2011 10:38 AM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Whats the game plan for the old Verna. Is it still on sale & what will be the prices??

#45 03-Jun, 2011 04:44 PM
Daisy Brown
Road-tested
Joined Date: 20 Mar 2007

Hyundai knows Indian needs very well. That is where they score above other brands.

I have been trying to make up my mind to buy Honda City for the past 1 year now but could not just becasue I thought I can expect much more for my 11 lakhs. I have not bought any other sedan also till now, because none of them looked compelling than Honda city. But now after looking at Hyundai verna, I seem to be titling towards buying it. Will do a TD and decide.

#46 03-Jun, 2011 10:19 PM
Sumanth
Best-seller
Joined Date: 13 Feb 2010

@Victor- Agreed. Something related with what I wanted to inform people.

@Sridhar- Great! How did you download those 5 seasons? I really want it. I just  download some episodes from youtube related to a car which I like.Smile

I Love German cars and beautiful Italian cars. Favorite car- Maserati Granturismo

#47 05-Jun, 2011 07:20 AM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

If I mention it here this thread would start going OT. I have sent a PM to you just to keep this discussion limited to the new verna.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#48 05-Jun, 2011 02:58 PM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Sridhar,

Whats happens to the old Verna? Is it still on sale & what are the price differences?? Will Hyundai discontinue Accent & replace it with old Verna??

#49 06-Jun, 2011 10:00 AM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

I am not sure about this Manish. Have not heard anything on this. However I dont think that they would follow the game plan of replacing the accent with the old verna like ford did for the ikon with the old fiesta. Primarily this is because the old verna was not that successfull like the old fiesta was so as to sell well if it was launched cheaper. Secondly the accent has recently got some new touches here and there like chrome on the grill and stuff. If they wanted to replace the accent they wouldnt have spent anything on altering its looks. Finally I dont think they can actually get the verna in the price bracket of the accent. That would mean huge cost cutting which would make the verna worthless of buying. So even now its kind of a 50-50 situation where the old verna could exist alongside the new verna after going through some cosmetic changes on the outside or might meet the grave. Lets see what happens.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person
Last Updated: 06-Jun, 2011 10:11 AM, by centaur

#50 06-Jun, 2011 10:04 AM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

Last week visited Hyundai showroom for a look of New Verna and TD of Verna and i20 for one of my colleague. From what was discussed with sales man, the old Verna is being still sold till the stocks are available. Post stock clearance its only new Verna. Accent is going to stay due to its price bracket and LPG/CNG option with BS4 standards. Its till a hot cake interms of sales, as cited by the sales person. Seems the most cheaper and efficient and good executive looking sedan available in the market as of now. I have seen two new Accents in my office only in recent past.

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.

#51 06-Jun, 2011 10:59 AM
Omprakash Singh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 May 2011

Have driven the Verna Transform automatic diesel and was more than pleased with this fabulous car. It's a great car for city and considering that it is the only car in the segment that offers automatic transmission in diesel engine is all the more pleasing.

Now the fluidic Verna is definitely more appealing both from the outside and inside and the engine too is tried and tested. This has to be the best car in the segment overall for me.

#52 23-Jun, 2011 10:20 AM
Daisy Brown
Road-tested
Joined Date: 20 Mar 2007

Yesterday spoke to one of the mechanics regrding ANHV when I gave my i10 for service. He quoted an FE of 11 kmpl for 1.6 petrol and 12 kmpl for 1.4 petrol. I thought it to be very low. Can any of the ANHV owners confirm please. It might improve after the first service, but still worth knowing

#53 25-Aug, 2011 07:19 PM
Yamini Khanna
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Aug 2011

Test Drove the Verna VTVT AT today !

First Look at the car and it seems as though you are looking at the Honda City with a new look , Exterior is very aesthetically designed and does make you turn your head in awe , the boot space is not only ample but also has net restraints to hold back luggage ( i thought that was quite clever ) .

Open the door and you feel like you are entering a Honda Civic ... the cabin is plush with " You name it and you have it " !!! What also caught my fancy was that it's a BMWish push button start Since visually it had my attention i decided to hit the road to determine whether the Beauty has a Brain too.

I'm 5'6" tall and there seemed to be no way i could find a comfortable driving height / distance to place my leg on the pedal ... it was either at an angle where my foot was arched up or ... it was too close and my leg would feel numb , what was also disappointing was that the vertical / horizontal adjustment is manual , i thought it was quite strange to give this detail a miss .

Talking about Vertical adjustment ... well it's only namesake ... all that the rotation knob does is tilt your seat , giving it an angle of height .

The pick up is sluggish compared to the Honda iVtec engine and even in the overall ride and handling i found the Honda to be superior . Surprisingly ... the light steering becomes the noose round your neck ... because either the car veers too much to the left or too much to the right ... i guess it will be a matter of getting used to .

Added to this was the fact that the sales chap couldn't give me a Brochure or a Tech spec sheet ...

I guess ... my mind is set - HONDA CITY it is for me ... i guess i can take a beating in the interiors but not in the ride / handling and driving pleasure !

#54 28-Aug, 2011 05:51 AM
Amar K
Long-termer
Joined Date: 06 Dec 2010

Just I came across specifications of Hyundai Accent USA and thought to share with interested people.  Yes, for the last 25 years, Hyundai USA still calls it Accent rather than Verna and every 4 years model is completely redesigned and new version is quite different from outside to inside and also under the hood.  Every redesigned Accent looks totally different from last one, forget to compare new one with the First Accent, there is nothing common.

Hyundai Accent/Verna USA Specification

Please pay attention to Interior Dimensions section data (like, head room, leg room, hip room and shoulder room for both front and rear passenger along with passenger and trunk/cargo volume).    This data is provided by EPA, USA (like ARAI in India) by their standard measurement method along with FE (City and Highway).  Since all these data is provided by a government agency by a predefined standard for every car rather than car maker, this totally negates the need of debate about which car has more leg room, which we see about Indian cars on this forum.  I hope ARAI should also do this along with FE and it will help buyers and no debate will be required about leg room.

Second pay attention to Safety Section.  Oh boy, it will totally knock your socks off .    Long list of safety features is mind boggling for a Verna user in India. In USA, two airbags, ABS, ESC  and seat belt with pretensioners is required in every car by law.  Active front end restraint may be new to some of you.  It helps to reduce neck whip lash injury if car is rear ended by moving head restraint little (Active).  It may surprise some of you that in American cars rear doors window glass goes down only 60%.  It is for the safety of children, who normally sit on back seat, so they will not flip over when car is running and they are leaning over.  TPMS have become very common now but it makes repair and tires expensive.  Most of the Stability Control has to do with automatic engine power delivery control and brake control if vehicle is loosing control.  I strongly feel that Hyundai India must have introduced ESC system at least in Verna SX (O).  But I can't blame them because for long time Maruti has set the quality Standard bar so low to sell VFM cars to masses that other global car makers fear to loose market share and have to adopt to to their strategy.    Most people are not educated about these features.  For many in India car means a box moving on four wheels (M80 and Alto) and at times magazines also fail to highlight the advantage of these new features..

When I read that a car company is road testing a particular model  to suit Indian conditions, in reality, it means they are using cost cutting on quality and reducing features to make it VFM.   It is not that roads in USA are paved with gold and Indian roads are paved by uneven mud?  Even the car models which are sold in USA with Michelin tires are sold in India with ultimate cheapo tires and they want to make sure car will not fall apart with cheap tires and poor quality because for most, tire is a tire - Michelin or MRF, what is the difference.  Indian Government policies also kept us protected from the bad influence of  global market for 50 years (till the end of last century) but hard working Indians are waking up and wanting better things and stop insatiable political corruption and more tax.

I should anticipate attack from die hard Maruti fans on this forum but sometime truth is to be told?  How many times, M800 has been redesigned in last 50 years, it is still original design of 1961 and we love original things?

In reckless auto accident, it is not important who is RIGHT but who is LEFT.

#55 22-Dec, 2011 03:15 PM
Sahil Rao
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Dec 2011

hey has any one heard about the case that Honda sued Hyundai over the resemblance of verna fluidic to their model and they are in a position of winning the case and that hyundai will loose the battle and verna fluidic will be re launched in couple of months with an all new shape??

I have booked my fluidic with full payment and will be delivered in a couple of days and am worried if the case turns out to be true what will happen to the availabilty of spare parts in the future ??

should I cancel the booking and is it possible that the company will return the full booking amount?I am kind pf insecure regarding this and moreover have  been unable to find anything regarding this case on internet but have been hearing these rumours for quite sometime..any help will be appreciated!!

#56 26-Dec, 2011 01:09 PM
Shersh
Legend
Joined Date: 30 Dec 2010

Surprisedthis is a breaking news, BTW what is the source of your information sahil ?

ALWAYS HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN LIFE. THERE IS SOMETHING POSITIVE IN EVERY PERSON. EVEN A STOPPED WATCH IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY...................................
Last Updated: 26-Dec, 2011 01:11 PM, by sshersh28

#57 26-Dec, 2011 01:34 PM
Yamini Khanna
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Aug 2011

I tried to scour the web ( primarily google ) ... surprisingly nothing came up , Where has this info come from ?

#58 26-Dec, 2011 02:35 PM
Sahil Rao
New Arrival

Just a rumour from some people aound me..though i did not even try to confirm the source from them...anyways I bought my fluidic(yay!!) so it does not matter now what happens with that case Cool

#59 26-Dec, 2011 03:58 PM
Shersh
Legend
Joined Date: 30 Dec 2010

good decision Sahil as I think that this is nothing more than a rumor from someone to stop you from buying Verna fludic.

Enjoy the ride, drive safe and do share your ownership experiences with us along with lots of pics Smile

ALWAYS HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN LIFE. THERE IS SOMETHING POSITIVE IN EVERY PERSON. EVEN A STOPPED WATCH IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY...................................

#60 28-Dec, 2011 09:04 PM
Amar K
Long-termer
Joined Date: 06 Dec 2010

Posted by sahil53

hey has any one heard about the case that Honda sued Hyundai over the resemblance of verna fluidic to their model and they are in a position of winning the case and that hyundai will loose the battle and verna fluidic will be re launched in couple of months with an all new shape??

I have booked my fluidic with full payment and will be delivered in a couple of days and am worried if the case turns out to be true what will happen to the availabilty of spare parts in the future ??

should I cancel the booking and is it possible that the company will return the full booking amount?I am kind pf insecure regarding this and moreover have  been unable to find anything regarding this case on internet but have been hearing these rumours for quite sometime..any help will be appreciated!!

Congratulations Mr Sahil Rao, on the purchase of new Verna.

It appears that an unsuccessful attempt was made to spread an unfounded rumour in a forceful and positive way (see underline) thru CarWale Forum to condemn a car.  However, informed CarWale members did not take your words lying down.  FYI, GLOBALLY, all new Hyundai products, namely, Eon, i10, i20, Verna, Elantra, Sonata, i45 etc. etc. follow similar fluidic design pattern.  Your rumour will close Hyundai in a day!

To insecure buyers, Maruti 800 is the best original car Winkand no company has time and interest to sue Maruti and parts will be available for next million years, at least in India.

May I request you, please respect the Prestige and Integrity of CarWale Forum and this is not a proper place to spread any rumour or sell a specific product.

In reckless auto accident, it is not important who is RIGHT but who is LEFT.

#61 28-Dec, 2011 09:50 PM
Sahil Rao
New Arrival

Mr.safe driver I did not mean to spread any rumour...my concern was genuine though not based on solid evidence and that was the reason to ask it on this forum!!! 

if u can read it carefully I did mention that i am unable to find anything regarding this but still heard it from 2-3 different persons and when somebody has invested 10 lakhs in a car he has a right to be concerned!! so you should better think and go through the threads carefully and logically before starting to reply !!

#62 04-Jan, 2012 11:42 AM
Priya
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Jan 2012

great review...i loved its design..need to know the price range too 

Pages : 1234567
Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 (8 AM - 9 PM) Toll free