Identifying your location...

Are you from Mumbai?

Yes No

Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI

#191 08-Apr, 2011 12:57 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2010

@kk9974

I have a petrol elegance. I had visited the workshop for turning off the DRLs. There are two ways to go about it. Firstly, the VAS (software) can be used to turn it off. The w/shop front office guy was vehemently saying that  it cant be done. But later I found another technician who supported me. Unfortunately, it was discovered that there is an issue in the VAS connection. They will procure the replacement connector for me.

the second method is to locate the fuse and  deactivate it by that method.

pls keep us posted on ur course of action.

0 members liked this post

#192 08-Apr, 2011 01:18 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested
Joined Date: 30 Nov 2010

Posted by kk9974

Sorry guys,as its late to be in contact with you all.On  21st of feb ,my fab and my family  met  with an accident.Everything went well but both the doors of co-driver side were totally damaged.and on 22nd feb  I left  my car at Channel motors Haldwani(skoda dealer).After contacting customer care several times and sending mail to skoda customer care, I got it back on 23rd march(one month and two days).and10% of its work is still left.

On 26th march, I took my car and my family to Delhi-Jaipur-udaipur-ranthambore-jaipur-delhi (total journey 2120 kms in one week) tour and then back to home.Every time 4-5 passengers were there in it and nearly 80% AC was ON on the way.Toppest speed ,I touched was 135.Overall milage I got is  20km/l.Earlier ,I went to Nainital I got an average of 21.5 with it.

I would like to know that day light in Elegance model is every time ON  as many people on the way indicate  me for the same.

Hi Kapil, sorry to learn about the accident and Thank God that you guys safely escaped from it and all is well.

Miles to go.

#193 08-Apr, 2011 01:22 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Hi jamchamp,

btw, whats the mileage that you are geeting with your Petrol Elagance in Mumbai traffic. Heard enough (though its never enough to hear good things about this loving car!) good numbers from Dr.Vikas about the Diesel but haven't much input from Petrol Fabia owners. So come one you Petrol Fabia owbers, share your mileage numbers, city as well as highway.

Miles to go.

#194 08-Apr, 2011 03:01 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

@Nakum:

90% of travel is daily commute (~3 km each way with fairly heavy traffic) with AC on at lowest blower setting. I have tried the tankful method and am getting between 9-10 kmpl.

On a few long distance (~ 10-20 km each way) I have observed FE of 14-16 kmpl with similar AC settings.

#195 08-Apr, 2011 05:23 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Jul 2010

Posted by kk9974

I would like to know that day light in Elegance model is every time ON  as many people on the way indicate  me for the same.

It is really sad to note that you met with an accident and got it back after a month. Well ASS is something on which Skoda should work. They are not working on this direction at all or the improvement is very slow and because of that people to tilting towards other brands.

As far as day light is concerned so that is called DRL (Day Time Running Light). That is there so that on coming people / vehicles can see you during day time as well. Consider it is a big safety feature and nothing else. I am sure you must have seen few Audi's or BMW's with lights on (LEDs near head light). This is a must feature in Europe and America now a days.

I would highly recommand it to stay on for your own safety. Let people raise points that your lights are on, they are raising because they are able to see it and that is the whole purpose of DRLs.

Think wisely....

All the best

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.
Last Updated: 08-Apr, 2011 05:26 PM, by Shailinder

#196 08-Apr, 2011 05:54 PM
Suresh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Apr 2011

hi

this is my first post on carwale.

stumbled on this site while researching for my first car.

I was thinking of ford figo but now almost finalised on new skoda fabia ambiente 1.2 TDI (in spite of recent price hike!). The sheer class,comfort & space of fabia bowled me over and made me stretch my budget. After all i plan to keep the car for atleast 5 yrs.

My daily running is 40km in chennai city and 400 km monthly on highways. Was confused between petrol and diesel versions but EMI+ fuel cost calculations for my usage called for the diesel one. 

still some doubts remain on the skoda ASS and mileage.

need opinion of fabia owners on my decision.

Thank you

Last Updated: 08-Apr, 2011 05:55 PM, by smdr

#197 08-Apr, 2011 06:51 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Welcome Suresh,  to CarWale.

The confusion is very likely as both of these fall into almost similar price tag territory, but having lot of differnce in Price/Quality and Status values.. Figo TDCi Titanum or Fabia TDI Ambient?

Let's hope you will find valuable suggestion from this one of the most lively thread about Fabia.

Good Luck!

Miles to go.

#198 08-Apr, 2011 06:58 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

In American/European countries the weather changes rapidly, also they commute a lot for work and thats require DRL as one of the essential safety features. But in India we have good weather and visibility during the day time that does not make it an essential safety requirements. We have still long way to go to have even Airbags and ABS in our cars!!!

jokes apart, just come across few facts supporting our ongoing disucssion about DRL,

In 1972 Finland introduced mandatory (manual) use of headlights during the day. Other Scandinavian countries followed.

In 1989 Canada introduced mandatory automatic DRLs for new cars

DRLs have been standard on all GM cars in the USA since 1995

Source: PDF

Specific to Skoda Fabia and other European vehilcles,

Daytime Running Lights for all new vehicles from 2011 to increase road safety.

Source: linky

Miles to go.

#199 08-Apr, 2011 09:43 PM
Fabia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Jan 2011

Hi @smdr,

I was owning Ford Figo for an year and upgraded to Skoda Fabia Ambiente 1.2Tdi. You can blindly feel the next class of comfort in Skoda and ofcourse a very classy feel. Ya regarding ASS you cannot expect it as good as Ford. But you will generally not face issues with the vehicle. Mileage wise you will find it more or less as Figo. The Ground clearance is excellent compared to Figo. I mentioned this earlier in my posts.

#200 09-Apr, 2011 07:47 AM
Kapil Bhatia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Jan 2011

Hi everybody,

thanks for your kind concern.In reality skoda ASS is lacking behind other brands in the market . As in my case ,two doors were to be changed.Dealer told me that the doors were not available to the company itself.He called me four times to pick my car ready but he himself couldnt maintain his promise.On 23 march ,when they were again making excuses  ,ANGRILY  I told them that today I am surely going to take my car from here whether it takes 8 or 9pm at night.and I am not going to close your workshop today.After few hours dealer himself assured  me how much work is done today in that you take your car and pending work  can be done after ten - twelve days.In workshop my car got one dent on driver side door and same side rear veiw mirror was also broken.Though he promised that both  will be manage by himself. In my case I found dealer fault more than the company.

Leaving behind all these, I would say that Fabia is a good product  and I enjoy its driving.

#201 09-Apr, 2011 09:19 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Jul 2010

Hi all,

A lot of happening over here... Glad to see so many more posts..

Thanks to Nakum, jamchamp & Shailinder for their inputs regarding the DRL... really informative ‘research’ful job!!! BTW, somebody should have referred to the user manual also to get some additional/ official info...

@ smdr,

Considering your daily running, 1.2 TDI would undoubtedly be the better option for you... Already well said by Nakum here, + 1, as we are putting so much of our hard earned money in the purchase, confusion is but natural & one should always have concern regarding every small doubt/ query... Such forums help a lot for the new buyers to get some clarification/ first hand reviews for all their queries..

I would suggest you to visit the nearest Skoda dealer, personally meet the Sales Manager, raise all your queries/ doubts regarding the product/ service/ availability of spares etc. have a thorough discussion on every issue & then only come to any conclusion... See there is nothing wrong in getting such info officially for the sake of a ‘peaceful’ deal.. Have a TD with your family members, Consider their opinions also & then only decide..

My brief comparison between Figo & Fab- Figo is a bit wider but the cabin seems to be roomy & boot space is also more in Fab.. The Figo engine is 1.4 ltre as compared to 1.2 of Fab, anyway the FE of both cars is almost similar.. With Figo you’ll hardly need any retrofitting after purchase (whereas Fab lacks features like music system, central locking, Fog lamps, ABS & rear wiper/ washer etc. in Ambiente).. IMO In comfort, style, quality of interiors, brand value, overall performance & SAFETY, Fab stands way ahead of Figo..

Now, it’s totally up to you, how to work out all the things.. Take your own time & then finally ‘seal the deal’..

No need for you to get confused anymore now after so much discussion here... Good Luck!!!

Regards,

#202 09-Apr, 2011 09:54 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by Nakum

Truely speaking, thats not any big news to any prospective nor existing Fabia lovers. Sponsering events like PFMI is not any big deal for Europe's largest automobile group VW. It would be more appealing and useful if they would have provided some better Customer Care/After Sales Services by doling out even 50% of amount they would spend of PMFI.

At the max one can take proud that those contestents are travelling by the same Fabia as yours, that all!

Hi Nakum,

I totally agree with what you said in your post, that apperantlly seems true to some extent.. but in my post, I wanted to draw the attention of our members to the fact that Skoda is now at least involving in such events.. I personally feel that they were not at all bothered so seriously with the Indian market & customers as such any before & that could be one of the reasons behind the horrible ASS... 

To add one more thing, has anybody ever noticed the ads of Skoda products in the media so 'extensively' before the launch of New Fab. Think over it in every aspect, you'll find many reasons for such events & offering 'free' camps as well.. 

Keep writing,

Last Updated: 09-Apr, 2011 09:57 AM, by dr.vikas

#203 09-Apr, 2011 10:23 AM
Suresh
New Arrival

thanks for the prompt replies.

planning to go for white or brilliant silver color.

the dealer-gurudevmotors chennai- quotes 7 lac after a corporate discount of 5000 rs.

have assured me of some discount in accesories.

pls let me know the standard accesories usually provided by skoda so that i may know what extras the SE is offering me .

thanks again

#204 09-Apr, 2011 06:33 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by smdr

pls let me know the standard accesories usually provided by skoda so that i may know what extras the SE is offering me .

thanks again

@smdr,

Mine is a Briliant silver one... have posted the pics on FB, you may follow this link to view those- 
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100000800747710&aid=24841

Usually nothing is provided as SE with the Skoda products.. No floor carpets, mud flaps, music system, seat covers etc. it is the dealer who can offer such accessories as complimentary to the customers, of his own... one always needs to bargain hard for that at skoda...Cry

I was not given even a key chain for the extra key.. However, got a 'Ganesh' idol few days later, had to fight hard to recieve the corporate discount of Rs.15k; which the company offers for the Drs.. it took a lot of correspondance with the co. officials & full 3 months for that..

Anyway that is totally immaterial when you opt for New Fabia 1.2 TDI.. The pleasure you get while driving/ owning it is far above all that.. Smile

Welcome to the 'Fab'ulous family...

Keep writing,

#205 09-Apr, 2011 06:33 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi all, 

Booked my vehicle for the 'Summer Camp' on this Monday, 11th Apr. at Service station of Shrine Auto, Kolhapur. Will share my experince with it very soon..

I am looking for the cleaning of 'Pollen Filter' especially as having most of my travel in the dusty areas & want to learn it to do it myself next time onwards.

Has anyboby any idea about the same? I remember, Cavin had written something on this topic in his post once before, but disappeared from the thread then..

Hey Cavin, Where are you, Man?? Do elaborate something in details...

Regards,

Last Updated: 09-Apr, 2011 06:51 PM, by dr.vikas

#206 09-Apr, 2011 06:33 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by smdr

thanks again

@smdr,

Mine is a Briliant silver one... have posted the pics on FB, you may follow this link to view those- 
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100000800747710&aid=24841

Usually nothing is provided as SE with the Skoda products.. No floor carpets, mud flaps, music system, seat covers etc. it is the dealer who can offer such accessories as complimentary to the customers, of his own... one always needs to bargain hard for that at skoda...Cry

I was not given even a key chain for the extra key.. However, got a 'Ganesh' idol few days later, had to fight hard to recieve the corporate discount of Rs.15k; which the company offers for the Drs.. it took a lot of correspondance with the co. officials & full 3 months for that..

Anyway that is totally immaterial when you opt for New Fabia 1.2 TDI.. The pleasure you get while driving/ owning it is far above all that.. Smile

Welcome to the 'Fab'ulous family...

Keep writing,

#207 09-Apr, 2011 09:51 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi @smdr,

I am just giving you the list of accessories given to me in corporate offer.

1. MP3 player from Kenwood worth (Rs7500) was given free.

2. Mats and Mud flaps given free. I had to pat Rs2000 as i wanted OE stuff. The one which they provide is local.

3. Teflon coating which they do anyway but claim it is free. They need to do it as it is covered with plastic cover with glue when displatched from factory.

4. Full tank coupon free but a small hitch is that the cars comes with 20 litres they claim(actually will be around 15L) and they give 25 litres coupon.

5. Underchasis coating was given free. But this is cheating as the car itself comes with underchasis coating so i fought and got another 30 litres coupon for diesel.

Last Updated: 09-Apr, 2011 09:53 PM, by fabia.info

#208 10-Apr, 2011 06:46 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Dear All Fabia owners,

I am facing an issue in my Fabia. Please let me know if any of you have encountered this and the solution to this.
Issue : While running in 1500-1600 RPM in 3rd or 4th gear there is a rattle (Metal) in the front left side. It is audible only at this RPM and 3/4 gear and i tried to reproduce this continuosly yeaterday and after that was not able to. Again today the same thing resurfaced. Seems some parts rubbing against each other. Infact it started when i went on a long journey where there were frequent slowing down and increasing speed.

#209 10-Apr, 2011 07:46 PM
Jay
Driven
Joined Date: 10 Apr 2011

I am also facing the same issue - the only difference is I hear this sound even in 1st and 2nd gear (3rd, 4th too) when the rpm reaches approx 2000 (above 1500). I am having Fabia 1.2 TCI elegance purchased in March 2011. What I observed is this rattle (something similar to a metal vibration) from front left is not much noticeable when the engine is just started and not heated up enough.  I tried hard to identify from where this is coming but not able find out yet, thinking of approaching service center now.

#210 10-Apr, 2011 11:03 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ Jay & fabia.info,

I haven't experinced any such prioblem with my Fabia 1.2 TDI, in my almost 10k kms of running.. I think, the cars you both own are Petrol ones.. Hence, I don't expect anybody over here to be able to elaborate something on your problem, as the thread is precisely regarding Fabia 1.2 TDI & many of the owners of Diesel vehicle can hardly understand such technical issue with a petrol car...

Anyhow, with whatever little knowledge I have, I think the sound could be related to the 'Noise of the Valves'... and you better get it clarified with the authorized service station... 

#211 10-Apr, 2011 11:45 PM
Jay
Driven

Thanks Dr. Vikas. Sorry for the typo, mine is a 1.2 TDI diesel elegance. The noise was like a vibration of some part that starts when engine speed reaches approx 1500 rpm and the noise increases afterwards proportional to the increase in rpm levels.

There is a small sheet that cover some wires below the passenger side dashboard above the bonnet lever (is this the place where pollen filter is located?). This sheet cover was fallen down once and it was fixed there again by one of the technician. This cover can be pulled out and pushed back. I am not sure if this sound is coming bacause of this or not. I also suspect the bonnet lever which i have to check again.

#212 11-Apr, 2011 09:09 AM
Fabia
New Arrival

Thank You Vikas for the response.

Mine is Ambiente 1.2 TDi and ya this is basically a metal noise which lasts for about 4-5 seconds at 1500-1600 RPM at 3rd and 4th gear  and appears exactly in left front side. Seems some part is loose or misaligned and will be getting it checked with service. One more info this is audible only when vehicle is running not even on cold start.

#213 11-Apr, 2011 12:29 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hello guys,

Now I am at the service station only for the 16 point free check up.. the technician just showed me how to open the pollen filter... Jayblor, it is exactly there as you mentioned & very easy to take out, next time I would certainly do the cleaning myself...

Now something about the problem faced by fabia.info & jayblor... I was under impression that your cars are petrol ones & now after knowing the fact I am really stunned... will try to get some info from the works manager & let you know soon...  

Hi all, Just had the work done & the car is ready for delivery.. Writing in details soon...

#214 11-Apr, 2011 01:19 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer

Kya baat hai Vikas. You seems to be happy with the service of Skoda. Good going man.

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.

#215 11-Apr, 2011 02:10 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by Shailinder

Kya baat hai Vikas. You seems to be happy with the service of Skoda. Good going man.

Hi Shailinder,

It is the matter of 'honour' for Skoda, not for me or anybody else... At least they are getting 'some' good feedbacks these days... 

Jokes apart, my Fab is showing remarkable improvement after the check up.. I am updating the details of the '16 points' by this evening, man, that includes all top ups- engine oil, brake oil, coolant also & that for FREE.. what more one can expect from Skoda.. The ASS is improving, that's what I can say..

Bye,

#216 11-Apr, 2011 03:31 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer

Posted by dr.vikas

Hi Shailinder,

It is the matter of 'honour' for Skoda, not for me or anybody else... At least they are getting 'some' good feedbacks these days... 

Jokes apart, my Fab is showing remarkable improvement after the check up.. I am updating the details of the '16 points' by this evening, man, that includes all top ups- engine oil, brake oil, coolant also & that for FREE.. what more one can expect from Skoda.. The ASS is improving, that's what I can say..

Bye,

Good going Skoda. Well I am eagarly waiting for the details by you. After all you are keeping interest of the people in this thread otherwise, Kunaal the initiator is busy or not available to comment most of the times.Cool

Nothing personal against Kunaal as such Laughing anybody can be busy and I understand that...

#217 11-Apr, 2011 05:33 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Apr 2011

This thread has influenced a lot of ppl in to buying the fabia (including me Laughing)

Getting delivery of my 1.2 tdi elegance tomorrow. any checklist to be followed before taking delivery.

#218 11-Apr, 2011 09:07 PM
Jay
Driven

I also went today for the summer checkup. As mentioned in my previous post the main intention was to have a checkup for the rattle issue. Here is a summary of how it went:

-Fixed an appointment and reached workshop on time at 10 AM.
-Had to wait for 45 minutes for someone to come and prepare the job card.
-The commitment was 2 hours for summer checkup and rattle fixing (expecting delivery at 1 PM).
-No one had touched the vehicle for the next 2 hours and the service advisor who attended me was disappeared from the scene in the meantime.
-Upon my continuous insistence another technical advisor was assigned for the job.He started the work at ~1 PM and finished everything at around 3 PM.
-A third service advisor was assigned for final paperwork and delivery of the car. He wasn't aware of this rattle issue mentioned in the job card and when I explained him in details he blindly told it was a/c blower problem that is common in all fabia and claimed that they fixed it!
-Went for a test drive. Overall I felt the running a bit more smooth and better but the noise was still there very much (increased a bit more).
-Returned back to the workshop and now only they actually started working on the noise issue.
-After 2.5 hours of diagnosis they told me that the noise might be because of some loose screw inside the dashboard rod. They have to remove the entire dashboard for fixing it need 5-6 hours more and can give it back only on next day evening. They had already removed some parts of the dashbaord (golve box etc). It was already 6 PM then. Since I am planning for a 5 days vacation trip out of town (~1000km to and fro) and  the issue itself was not a major one (I wouldnt have cared the rattle if it was a maruti car!) and the fitting of opened dashboard doesn't take much time I demanded the car back and they agreed to work on the issue after one week. The overall experience was not good but atleast they tried very hard in the last 2-3 hours to identify the issue that makes me bit satisfied and hope that they will be able to rectify it next time without causing any damage!

#219 12-Apr, 2011 12:25 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi Shailinder,

Good one on Kunaal's status.. I appreciate that... In fact, I noticed it long back & felt it strange also..

BTW, I came across some more threads on similar topic (related to Skoda/ dealer/ Fabia1.2 TDI) in his name on TeamBHP also, now, am keen on to go through those just to see his active participation...

@ fabia.info & jayblor,

Somehow I tried to get the answer for your problem at the workshop today... in short, according to the service person, there is the AC blower motor located on the lt. side & in case, if there happens to have some play in the blower motor, one may observe such type of sound.. it is just a technical error & there is nothing much serious matter with this... Now to locate the same & get the problem fixed, you need to visit your nearest Skoda service station..

hope, there won't be any different issue with your car & the matter gets resolved easily...

Regards,

Last Updated: 12-Apr, 2011 12:29 AM, by dr.vikas

#220 12-Apr, 2011 08:51 AM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi Vikas and Jayblor

Thanks for sharing the information.

I will be visiting the service station on Friday and ya even i am suspecting this either the AC blower motor play or the airfilter rattle. Let's see. I heard that the AC blower motor alignment changes after rough use and after some thousands of kilometers but mine has done only 1400Kms. But sometimes some issues like this crop up in some vehicles. Let's see. I will update you guys once i visit workshop

#221 12-Apr, 2011 01:22 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer
Joined Date: 01 Jun 2010

Hi Everyone,

It feels nice to be missed enough to the point that Dr Vikas is planning to undertake an investigation to find out what I have been up to  

Hi Shailendra – just been traveling very frequently so not had a time to post regularly, but have been reading up the thread on a daily basis

Jayblor - Surprisingly the paperwork at the workshops sometimes takes longer than the actual repair, replacing my wiper blades took 5 mins while finishing the paper work took them a good 45 mins. Had the opportunity to catch up with Mr. Bala over a phone call the other day.

Regarding the rattling issues being faced by some fellow members – fortunately not facing any such issues with my car so far but had a word regarding this with the Senior Sales Manager at JMD Auto Andheri (Mumbai).

She has promised to get back after checking with the service centre if this is a common problem and if there is any known possible cause or cure. Nice to see a lot more new Fabia’s on the streets of Mumbai. Plan to take my car for the free check up next week when back in Mumbai.

: Follow my blog : http://carsandcurios.blogspot.com/ : Cars Owned : Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI, Ford Fiesta 1.6
Last Updated: 17-Jul, 2011 04:44 PM, by sanshrinand

#222 12-Apr, 2011 02:01 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by jayblor
I also went today for the summer checkup. As mentioned in my previous post the main intention was to have a checkup for the rattle issue. Here is a summary of how it went:

The overall experience was not good but atleast they tried very hard in the last 2-3 hours to identify the issue that makes me bit satisfied and hope that they will be able to rectify it next time without causing any damage!

Thanks Jay, for sharing your experiences candidly. It takes guts to say it right publically!

All in all, Fabia is one of the best cars to resist but comes with equally poor A.S.S.

Posted by KunaalSaigal

Hi Everyone,

It feels nice to be missed enough to the point that Dr Vikas is planning to undertake an investigation to find out what I have been up to  

Welcome back, Kunaal.

Looks like you enjoying  your Fabia to fullest!

Posted by KunaalSaigal

Jayblor - Surprisingly the paperwork at the workshops sometimes takes longer than the actual repair, replacing my wiper blades took 5 mins while finishing the paper work took them a good 45 mins.

Plan to take my car for the free check up next week when back in Mumbai.

The sales consultant at Skoda told me that they need to get approval from their head quarter (he was telling Germany, but it may be Czech) before proceeding for each and every single bit. So it takes lot of time in paperwork rather than actual service/repairing time!

Miles to go.

#223 12-Apr, 2011 11:10 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi everybody,

Here is the list of details of what they cover under the 16 point check up at free summer camp... Hope, it opens as an image in your PC..

And if not, you may please have a look at the same on the link given below-

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=195811000455590&set=a.157855867584437.24841.100000800747710&theater

@ Kunaal,

Looks strange people welcoming you at your own thread... Anyways, do write something regularly.. Your inputs are always valuable..

Thanks,

Last Updated: 12-Apr, 2011 11:15 PM, by dr.vikas

#224 13-Apr, 2011 11:03 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by dr.vikas

@ Kunaal,

Looks strange people welcoming you at your own thread... Anyways, do write something regularly.. Your inputs are always valuable..

Its not only this thread nor the CarWale, infact I contacted Kunaal via other medium as he disappeared all of a sudden from his own threads. So just greeted his latest visit, there is no harm in that! Smile

Miles to go.

#225 13-Apr, 2011 11:58 AM
Arun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Apr 2011

hello friends, this is my first post i have booked my fabia elegance model tdi on 30th march c.baige colour.It is quite surprising that i will get my car on or after 20th may as waiting period from the company has been increased from 15 days to 4to6 weeks specially if someone wants the c.baige colour.  

#226 13-Apr, 2011 12:30 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

^

yep, that true.

Its not like now compnay has increase the time to deliver the vehicle, the c.biege color is always in demand and respected some waiting. Moreover its demand that increased specially after the launch of New Fabia, added more to this. Sounds Skoda is doing good.

Miles to go.

#227 13-Apr, 2011 05:55 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by Nakum

Its not only this thread nor the CarWale, infact I contacted Kunaal via other medium as he disappeared all of a sudden from his own threads. So just greeted his latest visit, there is no harm in that! Smile

Hey, I think you took it on wrong note bro, I was just indicating towards 'his' disappearance..  nothing else & also expecting him to stay connected to the thread at least once in a while in future...

Now hope he won't interprete this wrongly.. Smile

@ Nakum,

AFAIK, Skoda is selling some 1500- 1700 nos of Fabia per month after the launch of New 1.2 version.. it is gradually increasing.. (In fact, Skoda sold 1753 Fabias in March '11)!!! That's why we can notice more no of Fabias on the road these days.. And this 'increase' itself is certainly going to encourage them towards better ASS... And I guess, the heavy advertising, FREE summer camp & sponsorship of PFMI etc. are the outcomes of this same +ve resonse by the Auto market, despite the strong competition...  

And previously, the monthly sale was just around mere 400- 500 .. Tongue out  (Like the Jazz, which has still gone down to 152 in the last month... ) Foot in mouth 

Keep writing,

Last Updated: 13-Apr, 2011 06:09 PM, by dr.vikas

#228 13-Apr, 2011 11:33 PM
Dr Pakha Tesia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Nov 2010

hi to all

well well...it has been long time i wrote anything on this forum thou i have been visiting once every week.great to see so many topics being discussed.

hi dr vikash

well my fabia is the old PD variant and most of the time the forum is humming with the crdi one.anyway thanks for r'membring me.

for cleaning your pollen filter just look down below the glove box and you ll see the pollen filter cap. just slide the two hooks-anteriorly and posteriorly...anatomical terms???. the cover can be pulled out and the filter is removed attached within the rectangular/square blackplastic. just take the filter and use your blower in your vaccum cleaner and all the dust is cleaned.reinsert it and put the hooks back. if you don't have vaccum cleaner with blower take it to the garage and use the comressed air the garage use to dry the water after they clean the car..this one is very effective to dislodge the dust.actually its pretty simple. in case you are not confident just ask the guys at the service station to demonstrate it. usually i do it once a month whenever i vaccum my car or if i come back from long journey. if the filter is very black and if one frequently travel over dusty roads i would suggest change with new one once a year. do let me know how you managed the dr. discount..i couldn't get it...thou they did promised at he time of my purchase.

to all fellow fabia owners

many have been worried about the after sale service of fabia. guys let me be very frank..i have clocked 28+k so far in my 2yrs fabia(her birthday on 24th april 2011. the two dealers at guahati are now closed. i staty at shillong. the nearest service station i have to visit is around 2k at siliguri WB. so far i have not had any problem except the horn konk off on my trip to kaziranga-i got it cut and replaced with new one(fabia has conginental problem with its horn). i have so far had my car serviced twice...no complaints.....all i have to say i am so confident with my purchase(fabia) i can vouch you guys out there at chennai, mumbai etc shouldn't worry.... . at the end of the day i personally feel all depends on how your driving style and how you care your car. do regular service/go thru the owner manual to understand the various functioning and detect early if any problems and i can say you ll enjoy the drive and your purchase. SOLID GAADI HAI...BHAI..KUCH NAHI HOGA...JUST DRIVE SAFE..PYAAR KAR..APNI GAADI KO..

RATTLES/NOISE IN THE CAR

about the rattle some of my fellow owners mentioned i would suggest some few tips. these may not be really involving the gear problem which my fellow owners have mentioned. i have had initially encountered during the few weeks of my driving.

take a clothe wet with some liquid polish. open all the doors and properly clean the door sil and edges of the doors. if you know before the delivery of your new car the fabia is covered with some plastic- protecting your bonnet, doors, glasses.. some glue gets stuck inside the door sill . when  you close the doors you might hear some clicking noise esp on your left side. i have even sprayed the dash board polish over the rubber linings all over including the boot. to my surprise all those irritating noise vanished.also try using some vaseline over the door locks hooks and the door hinges.

by the way i am using K&N filter and installed HID lamps for the car...any one did...hope to hear from others..

safe driving

#229 14-Apr, 2011 09:12 AM
Arun
New Arrival

hello friends i have been advised by a person that i should fill the tubeless tires of my coming fabia with liquified nitrogen as it will be very good for the tyres.Any comment?

• Better air pressure retention -- Nitrogen doesn't seep out through the tire walls like Oxygen can, so tires remain fully inflated longer.
  • Enhanced fuel economy -- Nitrogen dissipates heat faster than air, and heat causes rolling resistance. "Maintaining tire pressure can boost fuel economy by as much as 6 percent."
  • Longer tread life -- Filling your tires with pure Nitrogen makes tires run cooler, which will reduce tire failure. It also prevents oxidation, which can cause tread separation and belt failure. Since Nitrogen doesn't carry moisture, it won't cause rust on the inside of rims and valve stems.
  • Slow chemical aging -- "Filling a tire with Nitrogen also significantly slows the chemical aging process of the tire's rubber components
  •  THIS IS WHAT I GOT FROM INTERNET.

#230 14-Apr, 2011 11:14 AM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for your inputs - your post will inspire a lot of confidence amonst existing and potential Fabia owners. The bit about cleaning the door sills was particularly a good peice of advice.

@ Dr Vikas and Nakum - No offence taken

@ Anurag - Its surprising that Skoda is still producing the Fabia in low numbers which is leading to a delay in deliveries. The C Beige has always demanded a high waiting period. Nice inputs on the Nitrogen air . Here is some information I came across on the net :

Most tires are filled with compressed air, which when dry consists of about 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, and 1 percent other gases by volume. Water vapor (humidity) can make up as much as 5 percent of the volume of air under worst-case conditions.
Filling your tires with nitrogen mainly does two things: it eliminates moisture, and it replaces skinny oxygen molecules with fat nitrogen molecules, reducing the rate at which compressed gas diffuses through porous tire walls. That means, theoretically at least, that a tire filled with nitrogen retains optimal pressure longer, leading to more uniform tire wear and better gas mileage.

As for moisture, changes in humidity affect tire performance two ways. First, the density of humid air fluctuates more with temperature than that of dry air, so removing humidity can keep your tire pressure more consistent, especially when the temperature climbs over 45 degrees C. That may be a legitimate concern in Formula One racing, but it's not much of an issue if you're just driving around the city at regular speeds.

Humidity can also be a factor in wheel maintenance — since pure nitrogen doesn't have moisture in it, supposedly your wheels won't rust as quickly, which could lead to improved wheel performance and air sealing. The question is, how big a problem is wheel rust these days?. Seriously rusted wheels are uncommon in typical steel-wheeled cars, and if you have alloy wheels don't worry - they don't rust.

A possibly more realistic benefit is that nitrogen is largely inert chemically at low (i.e., normal) temperatures, so it won't attack the rubber in your tires like oxygen does. Oxygen attack is something that can be a problem for tires used for a long time or in rough conditions.

Nitrogen doesn't support combustion, which is one reason aircraft and the space shuttle use nitrogen in their tires.

: Follow my blog : http://carsandcurios.blogspot.com/ : Cars Owned : Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI, Ford Fiesta 1.6
Last Updated: 14-Apr, 2011 11:16 AM, by KunaalSaigal

#231 14-Apr, 2011 11:17 AM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

Hi friends,

got delivery of my 1.2 tdi elegance, some fine points i dint know b4 delivery.

1. Remote wont work as the car was in transit mode and gets automatically activated once u have done 50 kms
  2. on using keys to unlock ,only driver side door is unlocked , turn the key twice and all doors get unlocked

#232 14-Apr, 2011 11:19 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Congratulations Deepak,

Wish you happy miles with the New Fabia.

btw, how much it costs xshowroom and on road after the price hike in April?

Miles to go.

#233 14-Apr, 2011 11:28 AM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer

Congrats Deepak,

Welcome to the Fabia family, I am sure over the next few days you will keep discovering a lot more features of your new car. As advised by other owners earlier - ensure that you go through your owners manual in detail.Also please check if the power door locking feature is enabled in your car, in case it is not your dealer will do it for you for free of cost.

Have you opted for the Skoda Shield? It will also help other members if you could share your dealer experiece.

All the best and keep updating us about your experieces...

#234 14-Apr, 2011 05:07 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ Calvin,

Nice to see you in this thread after such a long period... As Kunaal rightly mentioned, your inputs are really informative & always helpful for all the members..

In fact, during the summer check up camp, the service advisor readily informed me about all the necessary points regarding the pollen filter- removal & cleaning etc. (it was a bit of practical knowledge).. Anyhow with your post now, I could know the topic theoretically too..  Cool 

@ anurag,

Thanks for your query (& explanation also) about the use of Nitrogen in the tyres.. I was about to raise the issue as I am still using the normal compressed air & not the Nitrogen to inflate the tyres of my Fabia.. Now, I am convinced to go for Nitrogen at my next visit to the garage..

@ Kunaal,

Now with your regular posts, there won't be any need to undertake any investigation to find out what you are really up to... Laughing  

@ Deepak,

Congrats on your new buy.. Good choice! Happy driving... There are many more points to cheer up with your Fabia, just do explore & do share,

Keep writing, 

Last Updated: 14-Apr, 2011 05:20 PM, by dr.vikas

#235 14-Apr, 2011 05:25 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

Thanks a lot for ur wishes.

@ Nakum On road price in mumbai after price hike is 7,97,000

@ Kunal Power door locking means the door locking button, or do u mean the automatic locking of doors once the car reaches the speed of 20. I have opted for the skoda shield, dealer experience at autobhan was very good, the sales guy (pankaj) was very patient and kept following up with me for 3 months as i kept delaying my decision.

#236 14-Apr, 2011 05:59 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by djbafna

I have opted for the skoda shield, dealer experience at autobhan was very good, the sales guy (pankaj) was very patient and kept following up with me for 3 months as i kept delaying my decision.

LOL.  ...and I thought that I would be the first person who did so much research and somehow zeroed-in on Fabia (if not Fabia then Figo) even after reading many horrible A.S.S stories on internet. Its been just couple of months (about 2) And still delaying for don't know what reasons...

Miles to go.

#237 14-Apr, 2011 06:00 PM
Arun
New Arrival

hello friends,before booking my fabia elegance model i have test drived few cars namely, swift dezire,swift,i20,indigo and figo.Here is my experience,

1)SWIFT DEZIRE= this was a brand new car of my friend and taken it to my farm house about 250kms away from my residence.What i found out that it gave me mileage of 17.89kms,ride quality was ok but when compared to fabia way behind,metal sheet of dezire seems to be to thin due to this no feeling of class.Rear seat comfort was just ok leg room little bit cramped. Rejected by me.(i overlooked resale value, cheap spare parts, ASS,and any other thing)

2)INDIGO=surprisingly i found indigo to be better car then swift dezire ride quality of indigo is better then dezire i took this car also to my farm house (got from my mamaji).This too was a new car purchased in jan  this year.It gave average of 17.59kms,ride quality was better then dezire but still far behind fabia.Rear seat too was bit ok. ground clearance was not better then dezire.

3)i20= This when i drove i felt like i was driving a real mighty car ride quality was very good but heaviness of fabia was missing. I rate it next to fabia.Gave me average of 18kms.But i was dissapointed by rear leg room space,can be a good drivers car but not a family car, fabia has all the things from good riding expericne to family comfort.

4)swift= same as dezire but some how i felt ride quality of swift also good better then dezire could not take it long so cant say about average,rear leg room space agian bottleneck.i put it next to i20.

5)FIGO= good car overall a better car but ground clearnce is quite low ,ride quality is good,rear seat comfort not upto the mark.

Dear friends i have test drived these cars on the basis of my buying capacity of 8laks to 8.50 laks not as per by segement.I found that fabia is much better car by itself then these cars on all issues if u just look from the point of view of a car not by its ASS or spare parts or any other thing outside of a car.plz note that i am not an car expert so u may find my review very basic, i just want a car that is comfortable good ride quality and sense of great ownership.

#238 14-Apr, 2011 06:23 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

@anuragbishnoi

The car is in transit mode for the first 50 kms and in transit mode a few features are deactivated , remote of the car will start working only after the car has finished 50 kms so dnt worry if u get delivery of ur car and find that ur remote is not working , it will automatically start working after 50 Kms.

#239 14-Apr, 2011 06:28 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

@ Nakum

I f u have a toss up between figo and fabia then personally i had a few points going aginst figo

1. Low ground clearence
  2. rear window goes only half way down
  3. interiors quality (fabia is miles ahead)
  4. No alloy wheels
  5. No power windows on rear seat
  6. and ofcourse the Skoda Logo Laughing

#240 14-Apr, 2011 06:47 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

You mentioned some of the reasons, why I'm taking my own time to get one. Also if you take Skoda the car as a products is an excellently engineered one, but there are lots of customers who cry about their poor A.S.S. Good thing is that in recent times, I could see only a bunch of happy Skoda customers.. Let's see how everything goes.. Thanks to all the Fabia owners around here for sharing their genuine feedback.

Miles to go.

#241 14-Apr, 2011 07:33 PM
Arun
New Arrival

@deepak

what is remote of the car? I understood all other thing of yours but not this can u clarify on it.

#242 14-Apr, 2011 10:28 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by anuragbishnoi

hello friends,before booking my fabia elegance model i have test drived few cars namely, swift dezire,swift,i20,indigo and figo.Here is my experience, .....................................

................. Dear friends i have test drived these cars on the basis of my buying capacity of 8laks to 8.50 laks not as per by segement.I found that fabia is much better car by itself then these cars on all issues if u just look from the point of view of a car not by its ASS or spare parts or any other thing outside of a car.plz note that i am not an car expert so u may find my review very basic, i just want a car that is comfortable good ride quality and sense of great ownership.

Good review Anurag, it is exactly to the point as expected for a new buyer.. no need for all the technicality, as almost all cars belong to more or less of 'quality engineering', not much difference on that issue & hence one should focus on the perspective of a customer & not always on the expert opinion...

IMO, one should never fail to mention/ consider the 'tank' safety of Fabia & all the Skoda cars.. Honestly for me, it is something to experince & not just to describe!! And for that I would rather advice you to visit the workshop where you could see as many cars that somehow met some 'serious' road accidents & if you try to take stalk of all, you will be amazed to know not many casualties with them...  

@ Deepak & Nakum,

When I purchased my car, I too had gone through the same state of mind.. my decision was also not a hasty one... I took my own time.. In fact, it was not less than 7 months in all, I was being followed by the Skoda sales executive.. It was the older version then for which I was offered a huge discount of about >1 lac, (as they offered it just for the invoice price only) to me.. Even then I turned it down as I was a bit anxious about the engine noise factor & somewhere in my mind, I was convinced about a newer version of Fabia was there around the corner...

By the time, I had TD of all the cars, Anurag mentioned in his post & + of Punto, Jazz also.. all for twice/ thrice & at my doorsteps with my family members also... (Here, I still remember my 7 yr old son had immediately declared his opinion against Figo, just after noticing the 'poor class' interior & that in front of the lady sales executive...) 

So no wonder, I am very much satisfied about my decision & no any kind of regret at all.. Jazz was my choice for petrol category & there was no other car for consideration for me, it was almost finalized.. The little FE of Jazz was the only concern for me & I decided to go the other way.. for diesel!! 

For all the new/ potential buyers,

Friends, always take your own time..

Don't ever follow anybody blindly..

Always go with your own brain & heart too...

TD all the vehicles with your family & DO consider the suggestions of all other members... 

and then you won't be needed to regret for the decision, for sure!! Wink

Happy buying guys,

Last Updated: 14-Apr, 2011 10:42 PM, by dr.vikas

#243 15-Apr, 2011 11:00 AM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

@ anurag

remote of the car is ur car key, which has an inbuilt remote for locking & unlocking the car , u can also pull up and pull down glasses of all four windows with this remote.  

#244 15-Apr, 2011 11:48 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

TDI Onwners,

Since this thread is specially for TDI and there are bunch of old as well as new "active" owners I would like to raise some queries. Here are few question for all you guys, hope it will be usefult to me as well as others considering Fabia.

1. What was the deciding factor for you to buy a TDI rather than MPI Fabia; Was it just your high monthly/yearly runnings that convinced you to go for a Diesel car?

2. Is there any negatives specific to Petrol Fabia (MPI) that forced your decision to buy a Diesel Fabia, but actually you wanted a Petrol? e.g. High engine vibrations, very poor mileage etc.

3. What, if you haven't brought the Fabia TDI, would you have still opted for a Diesel car of anyothe make?

4. Any knowledge or suggestions/thoughts for the 1.6 MPI Fabia? I read many threads on other forums that almost all people (on that forum) who opted for Petrol version brought only 1.6 only. Here we have TDI only, as far as I know only jamchamp has the 1.2 Petrol. So I makes me wonder whats that which makes people to buy either 1.2 TDI or 1.6 MPI? In other words, if Low Mileage or Petrol Price were the only concerns, why very less number of 1.2 MPI owners; because the 1.6 definitely delivers less mileage compared to 1.2? Though 4-cylinder config of 1.6 engines delivers much smoother power without much noice n vibration.

Miles to go.

#245 15-Apr, 2011 12:39 PM
Arun
New Arrival
dear nakum,i have chosen a tdi because soon petrol prices will be touching 100rs a litre,petrol prices are more deregulated then diesel as diesel is more sensitive to inflation.yes i would have choosen another diesel car instead of fabia mpi may be polo or i20.This is the only reason why i want a diesel car.Rest i am not able to answer your query regarding 1.6mpi or 1.2mpi may be other people can shed a light on this.

#246 15-Apr, 2011 05:20 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

took the white beauty out for a spin yesterday , did a 120 kmph on bandra worli sea link .... engine is as silent as a petrol car on 4th and 5th gears , enjoyed d ride.

Got the power door locking activated today, i was told that there is no way to lock ur car doors from the inside. Is is correct. 

#247 15-Apr, 2011 06:09 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by djbafna

took the white beauty out for a spin yesterday , did a 120 kmph on bandra worli sea link .... engine is as silent as a petrol car on 4th and 5th gears , enjoyed d ride.

Got the power door locking activated today, i was told that there is no way to lock ur car doors from the inside. Is is correct. 

You seem to be pleased with the performance of your car.. Nothing unusual with that.. On highways/ express way you surely can do much more than that, but always drive safely.. 

The info you recieved on locking the doors from inside is inadequate.. In fact, the driver/ co-passenger can use the switch just in front of the gear shift to open/ lock the doors including boot lid... Hope you have got the answer...

@ Nakum,

As I mentioned in my last post, I was almost about to go for the Jazz for Petrol category- the best in the segment.. but overpriced & with poor FE (ranging 10-15 kmpl).. It was the high monthly usage & also the overall package of Fabia, that forced me to go for TDI, even though I had TD of other cars in this category also.. Fab outclassed all the others for some or the other reasons.. Even if you want to go for i20, do get the 'steering rattle' issue clarified from the sales/ service executive.. BTW, as I didn't have the proper clarification (Do some extensive Google search).. So, it went out of consideration for me..   

About 1.6 Petrol, can't say anything without any first hand experience.. Do TD/ proper search, get some reviews & then decide..

Happy hunting,

#248 15-Apr, 2011 06:33 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

@ Dr Vikas

Locking the doors from inside ment that even if u lock the doors with the switch given near the gear, the doors will still open from inside , it is a european safety feature , hence doors will not open from ouside but will open from inside at all times.

#249 15-Apr, 2011 07:33 PM
Arun
New Arrival
deepak how much time did it take to get your car,i have booked mine on 30th march and will get my car on or after 20th may,that is nearly two months waiting for me.

#250 15-Apr, 2011 07:54 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi All,

Referring back to post no 241 the cure to the issue

Issue : Metal pingling like noise at 1500-1700 RPM at 3rd/4th gear  intermittently after the engine is heated a bit

Cure : The floor manager told me it was the air filter box that was rattling. They removed it and tightened it. They told me this issue is there in some New Fabia cars and they have already done this for about 10 cars in chennai.

#251 15-Apr, 2011 07:57 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi All,

Forgot to discuss another issue which was not rectified. There is a creak noise on the door seals and they cleaned the rubber seals and applied something but still it is there. This is more prominent when the cars moves cross on speed breakers or any inclined and declined roads where the body of the car is twisting.

If anybody has solution please share.

#252 15-Apr, 2011 08:01 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by djbafna

@ Dr Vikas

Locking the doors from inside ment that even if u lock the doors with the switch given near the gear, the doors will still open from inside , it is a european safety feature , hence doors will not open from ouside but will open from inside at all times.

Yeah, That's true,

Anyways you may still use the child safety locking feature at least for the rear... 

Posted by fabia.info

Hi All,

Referring back to post no 241 the cure to the issue

Issue : Metal pingling like noise at 1500-1700 RPM at 3rd/4th gear  intermittently after the engine is heated a bit

Cure : The floor manager told me it was the air filter box that was rattling. They removed it and tightened it. They told me this issue is there in some New Fabia cars and they have already done this for about 10 cars in chennai.

That's something really going to help relieve many of the new buyers & the old fab owners as well..

Even a bit of small concern can cause doubts in anybodys mind.. Good info!! 

#253 15-Apr, 2011 08:49 PM
Jay
Driven

Hey Fabia.info! Many Thanks !!  Thats exactly the same issue that I am facing and not resolved yet. The noise is exactly at 1500-1700 RPM but on all gears.

Can you give more info on this? Where exactly is this air filter box located? Did they removed dashboard for removing/tighteining the air filter box? Did you have to pay for this service?

For me they told they have to remove the entire dashboard and will take 5-6 hours. I am going to service center again next week but this time they are telling that it will be a paid service

#254 15-Apr, 2011 09:06 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi Jayblor

It is just  20 minutes job. The Air filter box is located in engine bay. No need to touch the dashboard itself. They removed the hose and removed the box and tightened. It was done as an easy job.

No charges at all. The car has warrranty and they can't charge us anyway as it is their fault.

Last Updated: 15-Apr, 2011 09:10 PM, by fabia.info

#255 15-Apr, 2011 10:21 PM
Jay
Driven

Thats relieving to hear...Thanks Fabia.info! Thanks to Dr.Vikas, Kunaal, Nakum, Calvin, et.al for the support.

Few queries that I request suggestions from fellow fabia owners-

1) Rat problem - while talking to service technicians they pointed out that rats cutting wires and causing problems in engine bay is very common problem with Fabia. It seems such issues are difficult to resolve because of "complex electric circuitry" (read as not enough training!) present in skoda cars. I know "rat mesh's" are available for Maruti's, Indica etc but no one at skoda service center are aware of this mesh, they say its not available/can't be done for fabia. Do you know any solution for this?

2) Recommended tyre pressure for 1.2 TDI - Some technicians say its 30psi for all tyres, some say its 32 for front and 30 for rear for Indian conditions. The manual says 32/45 for max load. Which one is suitable for indian road conditions and what pressure are you using? How often do you check/inflate tyres?

3) Can Philips/OSRAM bulbs with same power but better visibility be used on fabia without voiding warrenty? Did anyone try to change the headlight bulbs?

4) My dealer says no to fitting parking sensor for new fabia as it needed cutting wires that will void warrenty in case something went wrong. Can I get this fitted from other skoda dealership without any warrenty issues?

Really appreciate your help!

#256 16-Apr, 2011 12:21 PM
Bala
Road-tested
Joined Date: 17 Mar 2011

Jayblor,

Reverse parking sensor- Very true. I enquired today at Gurudev Motors, Chennai. Even they said they are NOT doing the installation of reverse parking sensor as the wiring is complicated. When I asked them if i can get it done outside the dealer, they said the warranty may get void and is not advisable.

I read similiar post from skoda fabian 1.2 tdi from Bangalore on BHP Team also ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/96514-my-gleaming-black-skoda-fabia-1-2-tdi-cr-6.html)

So guys the new Fabia cannot be fitted with Reverse Parking Sensor UNLESS you take the risk of losing the warranty.

@Fabio.info and Dr. Vikas- You guys always come up with something that is very useful to the fellow fabians. Keep up all the good work.

#257 16-Apr, 2011 06:59 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer

Hi Jayblor,

I had reverse parking sensors fitted on my Fabia through the dealer (JMD Auto - Andheri Mumbai) and they had assured me that if I got it fitted through them it would not affect the warranty in anyway.  I have also spotted some new Fabis'a in the city recently with reverse parking sensors.

I would suggest discuss this point with spmeone senior in the dealership, you can insist that they discuss this with the people at the the comapny directly.

#258 17-Apr, 2011 06:33 AM
Rafiq
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Apr 2011

Posted by dr.vikas

Yeah, That's true,

Anyways you may still use the child safety locking feature at least for the rear... 

Hai Mr Vikas, This  is Rafiq from chennai. I have booked mt TDI Ambient and expecting the delivery by 25 of this month. As ambient does'nt come with remote locking i'm planning fo go for a remote locking system. i hv enquired with my dealer in chennai he is charging roughly about 10k. The sale guys is suggesting that he would arrange foe the same with outsdie people. I came to know that remote for Fabia is not being fitted by regular people. Is it tru and suggest me whether to go for remote lkg with the dealer itself or we can opt for outsiders also.

#259 17-Apr, 2011 01:25 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer

Hi Rafiq,

Congrats for your new car. JMD Auto in Mumbai was charging me Rs 5000 - 6000 for the remote locking while it was available for Rs 3500 in the market (I have not fitted this yet) . Its just  standard remote locking - the central locking motor is already present in the car. Since the new Fabia has a double locking feature (turn the key in the door lock once to lock/unlock the driver door, twice for locking/unlocking all the doors). This feature requires some small bit of harware extra - however from what I have been reading I get a feeling that the Skoda dealers in Chennai are charging a huge premium for all the accessories.

I dont know for sure but the price of accessories should not differ so much from city to city.

I would suggest that you fit it through the dealer as it will not affect your warranty in any way ( Although most car accessories shops in Mumbai had assured me that they could fit the remote door locking, rear speakers and rear parking sensors in my car with voiding the warranty in any way)

I had taken the the exact model specification details and model numbers of all the accesories I wanted to install from the dealer and had then cross checked the prices of the same at the open market with bill,warranty and fitting.

If you can do the same it can help you negotiate for these accessories better with the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Last Updated: 17-Apr, 2011 01:36 PM, by KunaalSaigal

#260 17-Apr, 2011 01:40 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer

Sorry about the typo in the post above. What I meant to say was-

"I would suggest that you fit it through the dealer as it will not affect your warranty in any way ( Although most car accessories shops in Mumbai had assured me that they could fit the remote door locking, rear speakers and rear parking sensors in my car without voiding the warranty in any way)"

Last Updated: 17-Apr, 2011 01:40 PM, by KunaalSaigal

#261 17-Apr, 2011 09:52 PM
Suresh
New Arrival

hi fabia owners from chennai

I m almost finalising on fabia TDI ambiente

pls give ur opinion regarding the skoda dealer in chennai regarding after sales support

after all, one has to depend on the one n only dealer for rest of the car's life!!

thanks

#262 17-Apr, 2011 10:08 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi,

I own Skoda fabia TDi Ambiente model. Bought it from Gurudev motors.

The after sales support is not very great. It is a known fact. They usually delay even for a small work.

But anyways if you have zeroed down on this car you can go ahead for its looks, Real class and comfort and ofcourse the price of the parts have come down.

Go through my previous posts for the freebies etc.

#263 17-Apr, 2011 11:22 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

Posted by KunaalSaigal

I had reverse parking sensors fitted on my Fabia through the dealer (JMD Auto - Andheri Mumbai) and they had assured me that if I got it fitted through them it would not affect the warranty in anyway. 

I got mine fitted through the dealer (Autobahn-Prabhadevi), but purchased it from Shreenath Car Accessories, Milan Subway. Shreenath said they will fit it for free, but dealer charged around Rs 1000-1500 (dont remember exact figure) for fitting it, but said their installation will ensure no warranty is voided.  

Posted by KunaalSaigal

I have also spotted some new Fabis'a in the city recently with reverse parking sensors.

Maybe, one of them is mine

#264 17-Apr, 2011 11:30 PM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

Sorry guys for bumping in. Just one word of advise and an important point to be kept in mind:

The electricals of a skoda are completely different and a lot complex than any other similiar car. Each and everything, from the brake light to each and every small bulb is controlled b a processor, unlike in other cars where they are directly controlled. A small misconnection in the electricals will set you back in a huge amount. The skoda people will try their best to find out any aftermarket fitment and will cancell warrant easily. So have a word with your respective dealers before installing, i mean anything!

Happy motoring and drive safe.

Cheers

Return of petrol power!!

#265 19-Apr, 2011 07:56 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

my first calculation of FE gives me a figure of 12.5 kmpl , 70 % Highway and 30 % bumper to bumper traffic , AC full time on. Had expected more than this , calculation is not on tank to tank but is on reserve to reserve basis, with 12 litres of diesel on which i got 150 Km.Is this the right way to calculate.

#266 20-Apr, 2011 10:38 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer

Hi Deepak,

I think your car should return a slightly better fuel efficiency figure, sometimes new vehicles take a few weeks (or months depending on your running) to start returning optimum fuel efficiency.

The ideal method to measure fuel efficiency is:

1)      Fill a full tank of fuel (not auto cut off but fill it to the brim) this ensures that you can refuel to the exact same level when you fuel up the next time.

2)      Note down odometer reading at that point.

3)      After driving for 7 – 10 days in your normal driving conditions top up fuel again, exactly as you had done earlier and note down the odometer reading once again.

The difference in the two odometer readings divided by the quantity of fuel needed to top up the tank the second time will give you the exact fuel efficiency. For example- If the difference in two odometer readings is 400 kilometres and the fuel quantity used for topping up fuel the second time is 24 litres, then the "average" is 16.67 kmpl. You can do a similar calculation over a shorter drive too, but the reading may be skewed by traffic conditions on that day. Remember to use full-tank to full-tank readings only or else you would get an approximate figure only. Also try to average such readings over a long time, say a few months, rather than relying on a single reading to exactly know the fuel efficiency of your car.

Most professional auto publications use this method - with professional and precise equipments to gauge the accurate fuel efficiency of a vehicle.

Hope this helps.

#267 20-Apr, 2011 11:38 PM
Arun
New Arrival

top end model of fabia comes with multi display information which will show us average fuel consumption,but how much does the display matches with manual calcualtions any idea?or how accurate is the multi display information,can anybody shed light on this.

Last Updated: 20-Apr, 2011 11:39 PM, by anuragbishnoi

#268 21-Apr, 2011 10:13 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by anuragbishnoi

top end model of fabia comes with multi display information which will show us average fuel consumption,but how much does the display matches with manual calcualtions any idea?or how accurate is the multi display information,can anybody shed light on this.

This is really a good query, even I too would like to know this. Has any of the Fabia owners here ever  compared the readings of MID and manual method ? That will be a good thing to do sometime, if any of you put some efforts for it!

Miles to go.
Last Updated: 21-Apr, 2011 10:15 AM, by Nakum

#269 21-Apr, 2011 01:56 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

@ Kunal

Even i think the FE will increase with running, thanks for explaining the calculation procedure will try implement now. 

#270 22-Apr, 2011 05:59 PM
Suresh
New Arrival

hi all

a comparison between petrol n diesel fabia ambiente cost of ownership

have decided on diesel but pls let me know if my argument is right

my running is approx 1000km(minimum) per month.(mostly city)

will go for 85% (of OTR) loan- 5yr duration. for calculation,lets keep avg interest rate at 10%

ambiente MPI -6 lac

down payment- 90k

loan amount 5.10 lac   EMI-10746

fuel cost with avg mileage of 10kmpl and petrol rate at Rs64/l =Rs6400 per month

Total running cost for ambiente MPI=10746+6400=17146 per month

ambiente TDI -7 lac

down payment- 1.05lac

loan 5.95 lac EMI-12538

fuel cost with avg mileage of 13kmpl and diesel rate at Rs40/l =Rs3080 per month

Total running cost for ambiente TDI=12538+3080=15618 per month

So for ambiente TDI, I will be shelling out Rs15000 more on down payment but  monthly cost will be lesser than ambiente MPI by Rs 1792.

pls note my assumed mileage figures-10kmpl for petrol n 13kmpl for diesel(is the difference usually more?)

Also the fuel prices esp. petrol invariably will go up and there is every chance that my usage will also increase (which will strengthen the case for TDI)

I dont know if maintenance costs for diesel will offset the advantage.

On the basis of this calculation, I m inclined to go for diesel.

opinions welcome.

Last Updated: 22-Apr, 2011 06:00 PM, by smdr

#271 22-Apr, 2011 07:45 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

@ Suresh

I think u should go for diesel , crude prices are rising by the day , i will not be surprised if petrol reaches 75 this year. I drive the diesel Elegance, on fourth and fifth gear the car is super silent u will wonder if its actually diesel

#272 22-Apr, 2011 09:06 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Hi Deepak,

This for you since you drive Fabia1.2 TDI Elegance model that comes with ABS.

I'm expecting my car Fabia1.2 TDI Elegance on 28th April. I haven't driven ABS fitted car before in my 10 yrs of driving. All I know is ABS is safe and hard at the first feel.

Can u plse suggest me how to apply break in City driving conditions. Is it feather touch or should I treat it like ordinary brakes.2

Appreciate ur advice.

#273 22-Apr, 2011 09:45 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer

Hi Suresh,

Thats some very useful and detailed calculation. The diesel option will cover your risk of higher usage. I think 10 kmpl and 13 Kmpl is a very safe assumption for the sake of calculations, the figures will be slightly more in bumper to bumper city traffic, but should be significatly more during highway runs.

It is rumoured that the parity between diesel and petrol will be reduced in the coming years as the subsidy on diesel is said to slowly be phased out. However I doubt this will happen in any hurry as most commodities even today are transported by road on trucks running on diesel.

I suggest go in for a diesel.

#274 23-Apr, 2011 12:18 PM
Gursheetal
Driven
Joined Date: 05 Apr 2007

hi all- i have been running the fabia ambiente- diesel for about 4 months now. I am based out of hyderabad and traffic is equally bad here - bumper to bumper. The avg that i get with full time a/c no on a full tank is 16kmpl. People who have only been running petrol engines will find some noise inside the cabin on lower gears - but once on 4th and above you cant make out if the car is a diesel or a petrol. The gear ratios and torgue is great on lower gears and hence you dont need to go in for frequent gear changes. 

In case your running is > 1000 km per month you should definitely go in for a diesel. The car runs fabously on highways on higher speeds. I have done quite a lot of highway driving and have got a mileage of 22 kmpl as well. Take care of the Fab by follwoing the gear shift indicator and it will take care of your fuel expences 

And if its a SKODA it has to be a diesel- thats what they excel in. Go for it- you will never regret the decision. I am in love with my "FAB".

Cheers

Last Updated: 23-Apr, 2011 12:20 PM, by gursheetal.singh5955

#275 23-Apr, 2011 01:21 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by mbgr1947

I haven't driven ABS fitted car before in my 10 yrs of driving. All I know is ABS is safe and hard at the first feel.

Can u plse suggest me how to apply break in City driving conditions. Is it feather touch or should I treat it like ordinary brakes.2

Appreciate ur advice.

Sorry for interrupting, but my "free" adivce would be to test drive the Fabia with ABS (usually all TD vehicles are topend, hence you need not have to ask for an ABS fitted version, aka Elegance) and experience it personally.

On the other hand, I too will be interested to know if anybody have any special advice on braking an ABS enabled car.

Posted by gursheetal.singh5955

And if its a SKODA it has to be a diesel- thats what they excel in. Go for it- you will never regret the decision. I am in love with my "FAB".

Cheers

Hi Singh,

I am not aware that SKODA excels in Diesel motors. Is that a general belief of yours or any particular reasons, article, sources, etc.? I believe since they source it from VW, a Petrol motor should be equally engineered, though not sure.

Miles to go.

#276 23-Apr, 2011 05:46 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival

@ Bala

In city driving conditions u will not feel the difference between normal and ABS Braking, ABS braking comes in to action when u brake suddenly on high speeds as ABS does not allow the car to skid.I drive an Indica V2 with normal brakes, New Honda city with ABS and fabia with ABS (cannot make out much diff in braking in city driving)

#277 24-Apr, 2011 11:25 AM
Jay
Driven

Posted by Nakum

This is really a good query, even I too would like to know this. Has any of the Fabia owners here ever  compared the readings of MID and manual method ? That will be a good thing to do sometime, if any of you put some efforts for it!

I remember reading in the manual that the MID will not consider fuel consumption when idling. I am not able to find out this information again on the manual. Did any one notice this? If this is true then that difference will be evident in the readings especially in city traffic and idling at traffic signals.

Posted by KunaalSaigal

I had reverse parking sensors fitted on my Fabia through the dealer (JMD Auto - Andheri Mumbai) and they had assured me that if I got it fitted through them it would not affect the warranty in anyway.  I have also spotted some new Fabis'a in the city recently with reverse parking sensors.

I would suggest discuss this point with spmeone senior in the dealership, you can insist that they discuss this with the people at the the comapny directly.

Hi Kunaal, I couldn't meet the floor manager on my visit to service center. I think better I don't go for parking sensor since most of the guys in the workshop were advising against this citing the need for cutting wires. I got the rear speakers fitted for my fabia elegance and they told me that they are able to do that since they have two technicians who got  "special" training for fitting this. I assume they don't have any special techncians for fitting reversing parking sensor! I might opt for it later when I feel they are 100% confident in doing that work.

Posted by sanshrinand

The electricals of a skoda are completely different and a lot complex than any other similiar car. Each and everything, from the brake light to each and every small bulb is controlled b a processor, unlike in other cars where they are directly controlled. A small misconnection in the electricals will set you back in a huge amount. The skoda people will try their best to find out any aftermarket fitment and will cancell warrant easily. So have a word with your respective dealers before installing, i mean anything!

Yes even the service advisor told the same, but what is sad is technicians at skoda dealerships itself don't looks confident at handling such repairs on electricals.

Adding to my earling posts - I had the noise issue fixed at the service center and I am satisfied with the overall experience with the service. Thanks for fabia.info for sharing fabia info on a/c filter box Laughing

Extremely satisfied with my decison on going for fabia, I don't see any other cars in this segment currently in market with the same quality/comfort/space as fabia offer. Fabia was not in my list when I started looking for a car. I considered and TD Swift, Figo, i20, Polo, Jazz (Punto though a great car was not considered for personal reasons I feel Fabia is better choice than Punto) in hatchbacks and Fiesta and Etios on sedan before opting for Fabia.

MOD NOTE Please use the "EDIT" feature if posting within 15 mins of previous post and to quote more than one post, use the multi-quote feature. Posts Merged

Last Updated: 24-Apr, 2011 12:22 PM, by sanshrinand

#278 25-Apr, 2011 08:25 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

Posted by jayblor

Yes even the service advisor told the same, but what is sad is technicians at skoda dealerships itself don't looks confident at handling such repairs on electricals.

My one-time limited experience was that members of this forum are more aware of Fabia features than shop floor technicians. When I was trying to get my DRL switched off via their VAS software, I was told firmly/confidently by 2 service advisors that it cant be done, till a third one said it has been done in the past. The gearshift indicator is not activated for my Fabia petrol elegance and I was told that this feature is not provided. I have not been able to convice them that they are wrong and haven't been able to convince myself that they are right.

Posted by jayblor

I think better I don't go for parking sensor since most of the guys in the workshop were advising against this citing the need for cutting wires. I got the rear speakers fitted for my fabia elegance and they told me that they are able to do that since they have two technicians who got  "special" training for fitting this.

I had specifically asked about reverse parking sensors fitment voiding warranty and i was told that its not an issue. Mine has been fitted by dealership. btw, reverse parking sensor is listed as an accessory, so why should it void warranty if fitted properly?

Posted by jayblor

I remember reading in the manual that the MID will not consider fuel consumption when idling. I am not able to find out this information again on the manual. Did any one notice this? If this is true then that difference will be evident in the readings especially in city traffic and idling at traffic signals.

It takes into account fuel consumed during wait at traffic lights and the reading is adjusted accordingly.

#279 25-Apr, 2011 01:36 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by smdr

a comparison between petrol n diesel fabia ambiente cost of ownership

have decided on diesel but pls let me know if my argument is right

pls note my assumed mileage figures-10kmpl for petrol n 13kmpl for diesel(is the difference usually more?)

I dont know if maintenance costs for diesel will offset the advantage.

On the basis of this calculation, I m inclined to go for diesel.

opinions welcome.

Hi smdr,

Good 'homework' done by you, So it has become easy for the members to advice you now on your query.. and useful calculations for others too..

The FE you assumed with TDI, can be taken as the least possible figure, as I know one can get more than that for sure under any circumstances..  So, there is always a chance under normal conditions for you saving a lot with TDI.. (I am getting the FE in the range of 16 to 20+ kmpl)

My Recent figures- Tank full to Tank full this time, 11.13 litres for 201 kms (with 146 kms of 'ordinary' road driving & that over period of 3-4 days + 56 kms of single stretch on NH4)

IMO, with Skoda, there shouldn't be much difference in maintenance for the 2 variants, unless & until you get yourself into really a 'worst' situation.. and that can happen with any vehicle & of any brand.. 

One more point to the observation of Kunaal on Diesel price hike, there is a subsidy on Diesel pricing; considering its huge involvement for 'Agro' use & hardly any Govt. would ever dare to rethink over it.. 

Hence, no need to worry, go for Diesel.

#280 25-Apr, 2011 05:02 PM
Suresh
New Arrival

deepak,kunaal & dr.vikas

thank you for your replies

your advice definitely give me confidence to go for for the ambiente TDI (inspite of skoda!!!)

Last Updated: 25-Apr, 2011 05:03 PM, by smdr

#281 25-Apr, 2011 09:24 PM
Arun
New Arrival

Dear fabia owners as summer has arrived can any fabia owner(s) share thier view of fabia A.C.My dealer told me that fabia comes with 1.4ton A.C where as other cars in this segment hardly crosses .8 how much truth is in this statement. plz share your view.

#282 26-Apr, 2011 10:32 AM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi,

I own Skoda Ambiente model. The AC is excellent. It has as good cooling as Ford Figo and infact much smoother and quieter. You don't need to have any doubt on this. It is one of the best in class.

#283 26-Apr, 2011 12:06 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by anuragbishnoi

Dear fabia owners as summer has arrived can any fabia owner(s) share thier view of fabia A.C.My dealer told me that fabia comes with 1.4ton A.C where as other cars in this segment hardly crosses .8 how much truth is in this statement. plz share your view.

Just go through the "Features" tab on Ford Figo India web,  you will get the numbers at least. Whereas the practical usage will be expected from the owners.

5. Air-Conditioning

The Figo boasts of the most powerful air conditioner in its segment. With the largest compressor and the best air speed, the Ford Figo offers the fastest-in-class time to comfort.

Miles to go.

#284 26-Apr, 2011 12:55 PM
Arun
New Arrival

4. Boot Space

The Figo has 284 litres of boot capacity – again, the largest among all hatchbacks.(WRITTEN ON THIER WEBSITE) http://fordfigoindia.com/features.aspx

How false this statement is largest boot capacity among hatchbacks is fabia with 315 not figo how they can mislead people like this.

#285 26-Apr, 2011 03:11 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Guys,

I happened to go to the chennai dealer yesterday to complete my formalities as I'm expecting my Skoda Fab 1.2 TDI delivery on 28th April.

I had few apprehensions about handling ABS brakes as I had mentioned in my earlier post. I was under the impression that you have to apply very soft touch during city driving and was worried about initial jerking.

I discussed this with my sales rep Prabha. The diesel vehicle I test drove was Ambiente model without ABS.

She insisted me to take another TD of Fab that has ABS. There was only petrol car available with ABS. I thought i would do TD since I was concerned with ABS.

I felt very comfortable with the ABS. This TD helped me clear all my doubts.

Honestly after Test driving both petrol 1.2 & diesel 1.2. I can say diesel engine is far more superior than the petrol version interms of engine refinement and pickup. I was really surprised with the petrol car pick up and engine noise. It never sounded like a Petrol Car. No offence to petrol Fab owners. It is purely my own perspective.

#286 26-Apr, 2011 03:15 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Guys I bumped into this nice ownership review about Fab1.2 TDI on a different site. Hope this helps prospective buyers. 

http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?4760-When-Cars-are-in-your-DNA-you-Get-This-SKODA-FABIA-Ambiente-1.2-TDCR!!

#287 26-Apr, 2011 03:41 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Did anyone read this about the step motherly treatment given to skoda by VW.

koda dealers in Europe are up in arms and openly protest plans by Volkswagen to strip Skoda cars to a point where they become unsalable, Automobilwoche [sub] says. Volkswagen denies any stripping. They wouldn’t do something as crude, at least not in public. They “derefine.”

When Volkswagen took a 31 percent share in Czech Skoda in the turbulent year of 1990, it was a step to get a foothold in the Eastern Block. The Eastern Block was already teetering, but was still intact, in a way. Skoda had a good name in the east, and a dealer network. So that was the plan. When Volkswagen became 100 percent owner of Skoda in the year 2000, Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Poland had joined the NATO. It was clear that most of what used to be “Eastern Europe” and part of the now disintegrated Warsaw Pact, would become part of the EU, which it did. The  Skoda needed a new raison d’être. Not very publicly, they were positioned as the low price entry brand of the Volkswagen empire. The trouble was, Volkswagen didn’t give them any low priced cars to sell, or any budget to develop some. They handed them the existing Volkswagen stable, Polo, Golf, Passat and said: “Don’t spend a lot of money and make the best of it.”

And that’s what the clever Czech engineers did. It quickly became known that a Skoda Superb was a better and yet cheaper Passat, that a Skoda Octavia was a better and yet cheaper Golf, and that a Skoda Fabia was a better and yet cheaper Polo. Quickly, driving a Skoda became a sign of superb intellect: “Who do they think they are kidding? It’s a Volkswagen with more in it and with less out of my pocket.” Skoda became a success, the brand of the smart shopper.

That didn’t sit too well in Wolfsburg. In the beginning of the year, there were moves to put Skoda back in its box. Reinhard Jung, then chairman of Skoda, was being sent into retirement at the youthful age of 59 (gee, Piech is 73.) Jung was replaced by Winfried Vahland, formerly President of Volkswagen Group China, and known for executing the wishes of Wolfsburg without making waves. Having finally arrived, Vahland cleans house at Skoda.

Two weeks ago, Winterkorn said in Paris that it “can’t possibly be that the Fabia has a higher-grade dashboard than the Polo.” Instead of inventing lower cost cars, Volkswagen invented a new word. The “Entfeinerung” or “derefinement.” A new euphemism for the much harsher decontenting.

As a start, Skodas will be stripped of such superfluous details as the A/C or the spare wheel. Even the built-in umbrella that made the Superb famous will be sacrificed to the gods of the Entfeinerung. If you want it, you need to pay for it as an added extra. The sporty Fabia RS had its Xenon lights removed. Can’t even order it at extra charge.

While Vahland is executing Winterkorn’s Entfeinerung orders, the dealers rebell. Thomas Peckruhn, head of the Skoda dealer association said that “nobody should assume that this won’t be noticed by the customer.” Translation: If you rip the heart out of Skoda, you’ll feel it in sales. As far as taking business away from Volkswagen, Peckruhn has a different version: “We capture customers from the French brands, Peugeot, Renault, including Dacia. Volkswagen captures more customers from us than the other way round.”

Knowing Volkswagen, the protests will be for naught. Both Austria and Germany have a long history of treating the Czech Republic as a colony, and have experience in putting down insurrections.
The above article source: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/

Last Updated: 27-Apr, 2011 07:16 PM, by centaur

#288 27-Apr, 2011 01:32 PM
Karthik
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Mar 2011

Hi Friends,

I am Impressed with the test Drive with Skoda Fabia (1.2 CR Tdi) at mahavir Auto,Jubliee hills, Hyderabad, which is Decrease in noise, Noise Vibration when Compared to other models.look and Feel of Skoda Fabia Are Good when Compared to other hatch backs and Also Interior are excellent.My Suggestion is the Best hatchback on INDIAN Roads is SKODA FABIA