Identifying your location...

Are you from Mumbai?

Yes No

Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI

#101 28-Jan, 2011 02:37 PM
Shreyansh Kocheri
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jan 2011

hi dr. Vikas!

thanks for the info! I am going out tomorrow to check out the price, discounts & accessories being offered in Bangalore(although ll buy it from Kolhapur only) Also can I get the insurance done from Belgaum(Kar) as insurance in Kar is cheaper compared to Maha? whilst registration is double cause of registration I might end up paying 40-50k more :S

Also wanted to ask if the parking sensor is of any help??(I mean absolute necessity?? makes things very easy??) and how much will he quote for it?

I am not able to choose the colour also as my wife does not want white & shes more interested in black.. I like the red but just wanted to know if colours fade after 3-4 yrs & if white is the best???

0 members liked this post

#102 28-Jan, 2011 04:20 PM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Hi shreya,

I am sure red colour will not fade atleast in Fabia, since all Skoda cars come with paint warranty.

although silver looks very elegant on skoda cars.

#103 28-Jan, 2011 05:13 PM
Rkreddy
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jan 2011

Shreya

Nothing can beat black color if you can maintain it

morever skoda fabia looks very beautiful in black and white colors

all the best

regards

ramakrishna reddy

#104 28-Jan, 2011 05:17 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Jul 2010

Posted by manishbajaj

Hi shreya,

I am sure red colour will not fade atleast in Fabia, since all Skoda cars come with paint warranty.

although silver looks very elegant on skoda cars.

How about beige colour ? It is actually not beige like beige interiors but very top class colour as such.

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.

#105 28-Jan, 2011 07:06 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Jul 2010

Hi Shreya,

Mine is Briliant Silver!!

To see the pics you may follow the link : 

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100000800747710&aid=24841

BTW, one of these photos was winner at the FAB moments Contest by Skoda Fabia India.. and I got a prize of a sleek 4GB USB Flash Disk...

follow the link to see the Skoda Fabia page:  http://www.facebook.com/SkodaFabiaIndia

Keep writing,

#106 28-Jan, 2011 07:23 PM
Kapil Bhatia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Jan 2011

hi  shreya,

there is lot of confusion in colour  choice.my wife was also in favour of white color but as we gave two colors (white and c. beige)for option,c.beige was only available at the time of delivery and we had it.FORTUNATELY, everybody appreciated it.Though my wife has not allow me to take out the white tape from bonet and roof as she likes  white the most.

FAB LOOKS FAB -ULOUS IN C.BEIGE.

#107 29-Jan, 2011 09:47 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2010

Posted by kk9974

FAB LOOKS FAB -ULOUS IN C.BEIGE.

Can u share some pics?

#108 29-Jan, 2011 11:27 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi All,

The Award winning pic of my Fab...

See the hoarding behind- 'The Energy to Fly to the Newer Horizons.'

And pic of Ganesh Idol presented by Shrine Auto, Kolhapur- It's Gold plated!! 

Regards,

#109 29-Jan, 2011 12:00 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer
Joined Date: 01 Jun 2010

Hi Everyone..

@ Dr Vikas : was travelling so have been out of action.. Nice to see so much activity on the thread ,

@ Shailinder: Well its a complete Deja Vu reading about your decision making process. I went through the exact same transition. I had almost booked a Figo diesel Titanium. Just then a friend strongly recommended that I test drive the Fabia before taking the final call. 

The Figo is a great car, it may not enjoy the premium tag of the Fabia but then its not even pretending to be in the same league. Things changed for me the moment I sat inside the Fabia. It just felt so much more grown up than the Figo, however I still feel the power delivery of the Figo diesel is a lot more linear compared to the Fabia. 

Other than a small turbo lag (which is no big deal in the city) I have absolutely no complaints with my car. I first decided to buy the Classic variant - power windows at least in the front were an important factor to me so I upgraded to the Ambiente.

Another thing - My Ambiente does feature a gear change indicator on the instrument cluster. 

All the best.

Hi Kapil,

Congrats.. C Beige is a very elegant colour  

: Follow my blog : http://carsandcurios.blogspot.com/ : Cars Owned : Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI, Ford Fiesta 1.6

#110 29-Jan, 2011 10:28 PM
Dr Pakha Tesia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Nov 2010

hi mr kapil

let me give some suggestions of choosing the fabia colour . i personally thought of folowing reasons...i have a candy white fabia now 2yrs+.

1. white looks cool and i ll say really cool not just for looks but i swear even during summer months.( rule of physics..white reflects).i found that if you just keep the window glasses little bit down and park it ( for hot air to go out) you will further decrease the heat build up inside the car. make sure you have rain guards fitted in case if it rains/rainy days. i have a red wagon R and despite the same measures  it remains terrible hot- as if i am in a hot oven.

2. in case you drive in highways or night white always helps-safety first- as otehr vehicles can see you better.

3.it is easy to maintain and repair from scratches/ dents.  the paint quality used in our fabia is top class. even today many of my friends thinks i bought it few months back. compare it with any other white colours cars in the market today and might be after few yrs..

3.the overall contrasts/ character of the car stands out in white.

4.finally you feel in full peace in white...ha...ha...

this is not to offend other friends in the forum who have choosen the other colours. might be they have their own reasons,..please do add...

#111 30-Jan, 2011 01:09 PM
Kapil Bhatia
New Arrival

@ Kunaal saigal,

thanks for your appreciation.because of this thread today FAB is one of our family member .

@Hello Dr. Vikas,

thankyou for your reply.please give me some tips to get more mileage.

i would like to know that when i start my car a sound KA-AR use to come just for a second ,is it with all these cars or there is some problem in mine only.

before, i was driving U-VA and its cabin was super silent.but in fab sometimes  i feel cabin noise is more .Is all diesel cars have  such noise?

@hi Dr. Pakha,

i am not against white color.My first choice was white but it was not available.so i had my second option c-beige and this color is GREAT in itself nodoubt.

@ hi anshuman,

within aday or two , i will definate send you some beautiful photos of my beautiful fab.

Last Updated: 30-Jan, 2011 01:10 PM, by kk9974

#112 01-Feb, 2011 11:51 AM
Shreyansh Kocheri
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jan 2011

Hi All,

thanks for all your inputs & feedback! really happy to hear from you all.

this weekend we are going to decide the colour & book the car

however the TDI Elegance is crossing my budget of 7.5L also taking a look at DZire & Manza..

I know these are totally different segments all together but would just like to TD them once..

Any idea how the Fabia will perform against these two??

and how has the highway experience been so far?? is Fabia passed by Sedans or it holds it own on high speed ???

Cheeers!!!! 

#113 03-Feb, 2011 02:46 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer

Fabia will out perform or under perform but it depends on you. They are from two different leagues, Manza and Dsire themselves are from different league. 

TD them and you will understand what i am saying. Difference is what you want to see in them rather than anything else.

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.

#114 03-Feb, 2011 06:27 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ kk9974,

IMO, getting good mileage is a result of your driving style & fuel quality you use for the vehicle!!

Now, fuel quality is not at all in our hand, but anyway with adoption of some tips, one can practically get better mileage.. I would suggest you a link of such an article, you may follow it for the tips-

http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=23  

Regards, 

#115 03-Feb, 2011 06:38 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ Shreya,

Don't get confused..

First you decide about the segment which suits your requirements- practically... Do consider the opinions/ views of your family members.. And then plan your budget accordingly...

One can't replace the car very often (under normal conditions), so be focused on what you really need & then think about which options you can have... 

Regards,  

Last Updated: 03-Feb, 2011 06:41 PM, by dr.vikas

#116 12-Feb, 2011 11:28 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi everybody,

Where are you all??

Looks the thread has entered into some boring discussions.. Share some informative posts. 

@ Shreya, 

What's the recent development in your purchase? Do share your experiences..

Regards,

#117 18-Feb, 2011 07:49 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

Hi Guys

Dont know if this post belongs here or not. But I am not sure too many Fabia owners may be tracking other threads..

Getting delivery of my Fab in 2-3 days. Payment has been already done and registration process just started. 

I havent been able to get any reduction in any price anywhere (jncluding depot handling charges of 4k). however the dealer has agreed to fit the accessories for me even if i dont get it from him.

I plan to get rear speakers and rear parking sensors fitted. The dealer has said that their listed accessory is JBL GT5 S265. My doubt is that I read that the impedance is 4 ohms for these speakers, so will they work fine with the standard HU or do I need to shell out more for an amp.

A quick response will be great!! 

#118 18-Feb, 2011 12:10 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested
Joined Date: 30 Nov 2010

Hi Anshuman,

hey, I'm not a experience person in this matter but I had comeacross a very similar query. In that case the person was hesitant in installtin speakers having 4ohms and the standard (or the one compatible with music player) was 2ohms. It could be vice a versa also. But the conclusion was that the difference of 2ohm does not hamper either player of speaker.

Still beeter to have an expert advice in such, lets see we have anybody here to answer your query with confidence.

Miles to go.

#119 20-Feb, 2011 10:37 AM
Mohsin
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Jan 2011

Hi Guy,

happy to inform that i got the delivery on friday of my Fabia (White, TDI ambient)

done 200kms in city so far.most of it was take on small rides to lot of close freinds and relatives.

very excited .the city ride is very smooth with lot of ease and comfort, no pot hols are experienced atall.

the adjustable steering gives really a different feel to the drive.

lot of people who sat in as every one wanted to have a look in, from my office any from my family .all were impressed on the steating comfort, leg room, interiors and the ride quality.

White colour really makes the car as richness personified.

i discovered that the car has gear shift indicator that was a surprise.

will update once i come from a long drive trip.may i will be going to mahabaleshwar in next 10days.

#120 20-Feb, 2011 10:58 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Hi Mohsin,

Congratulations for the new Fab you got in Feb!

Actually I'm bit confused between the Petrol Elegance and Diesel Ambient models, since the difference is about 25K on road prices in pune. As some of the basic features like music player, rear power windows, ABS, etc. are not available in Ambinet version, I'm not sort of fully satisfied with Ambient. But when it comes to FE, I think I should go for Diesel Ambinet rather than fully loaded Petrol Elegance, because I heard the TDI gives too good FE. Good to know that you got Ambient, now I can clear some of my dounts with you.

Please share all your experiences with us, whether you miss any Elegance features in your Ambient.

Miles to go.

#121 21-Feb, 2011 02:08 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ mohsinsFAB,

Congrats on your purchase!! No doubt, it's a very good decision...

It's a fact that many of the prospected 'Elegance- petrol' buyers are shifting towards 'Amb- TDI' model. And that's quite obviously because of the regular hikes in the petrol prices. But that couldn't be the only reason. In fact, Fabia TDI has now proven its ability & quality in every aspect- ride quality as well as engine performance. Comfort in Fabia is always at top class in its category.

My Amb. TDI is giving FE of about 20 kmpl with A/C on to me & that's going to be improved for sure as I am going to install a good quality Sun films all over (4 windows & both wind screens as well) this week.

I'll share my exerience in details very soon..

@ Nakum,

No need for you to be getting confused here. Just follow a simple theory- if your monthly running is a bit on higher side (say 1200+ kms), blindly go for a TDI. And if it's below 1000 kms per month, petrol could do the job for you... All other factors are subjective & depend a lot on your personal requirements & thinking etc. All the best!!!

Regards,

#122 21-Feb, 2011 02:53 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

Hi

I am about to get delivery of a Skoda Fabia petrol Elegance. Can anyone help out on the following query although this thread is meant for a different fabia variant.

I was quoted the cost of fitting rear speakers as Rs 6k by the dealer (Autobahn Prabhadevi). I got the same speakers from outside @ Rs 2.4k. Initially the dealer had confirmed that they will fit it for me. Now they are saying that the rear speakers fitting charge is 3k. When I confronted them that Vinayak Skoda Bangalore has charged someone Rs 300 recently for the same task, they backtracked saying that Fabia Elegance model doesn't support rear speakers (JBL GT5 S265).

Can anyone confirm or  refute this please?

Rgds

Anshuman

#123 21-Feb, 2011 03:02 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by dr.vikas

It's a fact that many of the prospected 'Elegance- petrol' buyers are shifting towards 'Amb- TDI' model. And that's quite obviously because of the regular hikes in the petrol prices. 

My Amb. TDI is giving FE of about 20 kmpl with A/C on to me & that's going to be improved for sure as I am going to install a good quality Sun films all over (4 windows & both wind screens as well) this week.

I'll share my exerience in details very soon..

@ Nakum,

No need for you to be getting confused here. Just follow a simple theory- if your monthly running is a bit on higher side (say 1200+ kms), blindly go for a TDI. And if it's below 1000 kms per month, petrol could do the job for you... All other factors are subjective & depend a lot on your personal requirements & thinking etc. All the best!!!

Regards,

Hi Dr Vikas,

The monthly running thing comes to play only if one is comparing same model for Petrol & Diesel engines e.g. Elegance Petrol or Elegance Diesel because the difference in price among the same varient is huge (90K to 1L). But here difference is only 25K and I dont mind in spending this much if I will get that super 20+ kml FE that too for 42/-Rs a litre of Diesel! Of course I will lose some good features of Elegance, but those are not very essential features except ABS/EBD.

What you think of it?

Posted by jamchamp

I was quoted the cost of fitting rear speakers as Rs 6k by the dealer (Autobahn Prabhadevi). I got the same speakers from outside @ Rs 2.4k. Initially the dealer had confirmed that they will fit it for me. Now they are saying that the rear speakers fitting charge is 3k. When I confronted them that Vinayak Skoda Bangalore has charged someone Rs 300 recently for the same task, they backtracked saying that Fabia Elegance model doesn't support rear speakers (JBL GT5 S265).

Can anyone confirm or  refute this please?

Rgds

Anshuman

Hi Anshuman,

Is your dealer fitting the JBL or something like original Skoda accessory (I'm not sure which make Skoda original accessory speaker comes from). Because I can see from the Skoda Inida, New Fab website Accessory list that rear speaker kit costs something around 7,729/-Rs. They dont mention about the vendor, but you should check with the dealer which company speaker they will fit. Also check whether the dealer prvodies the original speaker, in that case I can say that around 6K for rear speaker is reasonable.

But if the dealer is fitting JBL for 6K and the same you are getting from outside, simply go the outsider. Just make sure they install it without cutting the wires and voiding the warranty!

Miles to go.

#124 21-Feb, 2011 03:57 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

@ Nakum: I took the same model which dealer was going to fit in my car. he was charging me 4.5k (mentioned 6k by mistake). Even for reverse parking sensors, I got the same model (Xenos) he was going to fit. The dealer quoted 6k plus taxes for it and I got it for 2.8k with warranty.

#125 21-Feb, 2011 10:19 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by Nakum

Hi Dr Vikas,

The monthly running thing comes to play only if one is comparing same model for Petrol & Diesel engines e.g. Elegance Petrol or Elegance Diesel because the difference in price among the same varient is huge (90K to 1L). But here difference is only 25K and I dont mind in spending this much if I will get that super 20+ kml FE that too for 42/-Rs a litre of Diesel! Of course I will lose some good features of Elegance, but those are not very essential features except ABS/EBD.

What you think of it?

Hi Nakum'

You are taking it on a wrong note, as choosing a petrol or a diesel variant has nothing to do with the price of the particular vehicle.. It has been discussed many times in this thread only in the past also & people had been benefited with that during their state of confusion.. 

It's something like normally a diesel vehicle should be preferred by those having more & regular running only; due to its comparatively high maintenance cost & not only because of the basic price difference in the two. As it's quite obvious, with minimal total running (say per year), the benefit in terms of the running cost (cost per km in Rs.) will ultimately be lower. So calculate the comparative plus & minus points & then decide. (Refer to the discussion in the previous posts to get all the doubts cleared)..

I still remember, Dr.Raja from Chennai had same confusion like yours & he eventually ended up in purchasing Petrol variant of Fabia.. Hope you have got the point, I want to make..

Thanks & regards, 

Last Updated: 21-Feb, 2011 10:42 PM, by dr.vikas

#126 23-Feb, 2011 07:54 PM
Gursheetal
Driven
Joined Date: 05 Apr 2007

Hi Every one- 

I have been driving my fabia for a month now and the experience has been outstanding!!!!... The drive feel is just too good. 

I was checking the rear a.c vents beneath the front seats- the observation was that the outflow from those vents is very less... is that the experience with other car owners as well???

Cheers

#127 23-Feb, 2011 10:53 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

HI 

Got delivery of the car today I didn't find any manual/instructions for Beat Music system. Is that normal? The car manual says refer to Music system manual for the music system.

Guess will have to call the dealer and find out tomm.

@ dr.vikas: how much did your 3M films cost you?

#128 01-Mar, 2011 10:30 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by jamchamp

@ dr.vikas: how much did your 3M films cost you?

Hi jamchamp,

I paid Rs.13.5K for 2 sets of 3M complete car kit (RE50 for sides and RE70 for front & rear wind shields). (the otherone for Linea of my friend)...

He had gone to Delhi. I placed the order on phone with Mr.Rajiv, who arranged doorstep delivery at the hotel. It was a very smooth & hassle free deal.. Smile

Had got it installed yesterday only (along with the rear speakers/ tweeters also) at Sangli.

Speakers- Sony XS GTF 1626 (16 cm Coaxial) & Tweeters- Power Bass (sound just ok for my taste)

Paid a sum of 3.7K towards film installation & the audio components in all

Writing about the experience very soon...

Regards,

#129 02-Mar, 2011 08:12 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

I got rear co-axials (JBL s265) but then discovered that the beat music system doesn't have rear pin outs..

sunfilm: should get installed today, planning for V-Kool for sides and rear and maybe 3M for front.. expect package not to exceed 10k (vis-a-vis 15k if i opt for v-kool only)..

Last Updated: 02-Mar, 2011 08:13 AM, by jamchamp

#130 07-Mar, 2011 07:00 PM
Anant
Long-termer
Joined Date: 18 Apr 2010

Hi Vikas,

I'm too impressed with the new Fabulous Fab1.2TDi. Planning to buy a one. But its going beyond my budget (which is stretchable upto 6 )

I live in Pune and The 1.2 TDi Ambiente is costing 6.7 On road.

They are offerring a corporate discount of 10K..thats it ..SO it is 6.6 on road ( without Music System )

How can we reduce it further ? I mean if we dont opt for Skoda shield and take the insurance from outside rather than the dealer

Please guide.

Regards,

Anant

#131 07-Mar, 2011 11:08 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by anantjoshi

How can we reduce it further ? I mean if we dont opt for Skoda shield and take the insurance from outside rather than the dealer

Please guide.

Regards,

Anant

Hi Anant, 

Good to see you on this forum.

Within your budget, I would rather suggest you to think about 1.2 TDi Classic. And for that you'll have to sacrifice some of the features though.. IMO, to cut down the price further, you can do few more things-

1. Get the delivery of the car out of corp. area (out of octroi), if you have/ can produce the necessary docs (say residence proof etc). 2. If you do the Comp. Insurance personally with Skoda shield, I don't think you could save a sizable amount, even though you may try & calculate the plus/ minus points accordingly. 3. Do check out the relative prices at other dealers in Pune also. And don't hesitate to bargain, you may try to get some extra discount/ freebies..

BTW, with which dealer you are having talks right now? 

I had a visit to Asset skoda, Bhandarkar Road. My experience with the sales people is really good. They always seem to be cooperative enough to help anytime (even on phone also for my queries & concerns). Though I had purchased mine from Shrine Auto, Kolhapur.. 

In fact, I didn't go for the extended warranty, but I still sometimes think, I should have gone for it!! One can always have a complete peace of mind with a little extra money spent ....  

Thanks & regards,

#132 08-Mar, 2011 01:51 AM
Santosh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Mar 2011

Hi Dr. Vikas,

Just read entire thread and impressed with the discussion on Fabia. M bit confuse in selection of i20 and Fabiadiesel version. My daily travelling is almost 120 kms and bugjet is in between 6-7 Lac.

Look forward to get the suggetion to select the model.

Regards,

#133 08-Mar, 2011 01:39 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi santosh.mum,

Being a happy FAB owner since 4+ months (with 7500+ kms of driving), obviously I would like to give my verdict in favor of-

New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI ..  without any doubt..

The Fab 1.2 TDI Ambiente suits/ fits to your budget too & IMHO, that would be the best buy for you.. after all only if you don't have any different idea..

Before going for my FAB, I did a thorough research of the prevailing market in this segment..

I would suggest you to have a thorough test drive along with your family members & consider their suggestions also, taking them into confidence.. Then only decide- you won't need to regret for your decision by any means then...

Bye,

#134 09-Mar, 2011 11:15 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by anantjoshi

Hi Vikas,

I'm too impressed with the new Fabulous Fab1.2TDi. Planning to buy a one. But its going beyond my budget (which is stretchable upto 6 )

I live in Pune and The 1.2 TDi Ambiente is costing 6.7 On road.

They are offerring a corporate discount of 10K..thats it ..SO it is 6.6 on road (without Music System)

Please guide.

Regards,

Anant

Hi Anant,

I too am researching for my first car (as of now considering Fabia Elegance petrol) to buy from Pune. I heard from a Skoda owner in other forum that Asset has their TD cars registered from Nagaland, that seemed fishy to him and he finally brought one (Superb or Laura dont remember exactly) from Europa, Wakad. Contrary to this, he suggested that Europa has very small service bay and he moved to Asset, Wagholi for services as it has a huge and well equipped service station there.

I haven't visited the Asset yet, but my experience with Europa was bit ok ok, though nothing bad. But those guys haven't give me a call even after I personally visited their showroom twice, filled basic inquiry form and also called twice for some other queries. Yet their response is awaited!!!

Posted by dr.vikas

Hi Anant, 

Good to see you on this forum.

Within your budget, I would rather suggest you to think about 1.2 TDi Classic. And for that you'll have to sacrifice some of the features though.. IMO, to cut down the price further, you can do few more things-

1. Get the delivery of the car out of corp. area (out of octroi), if you have/ can produce the necessary docs (say residence proof etc). 2. If you do the Comp. Insurance personally with Skoda shield, I don't think you could save a sizable amount, even though you may try & calculate the plus/ minus points accordingly. 3. Do check out the relative prices at other dealers in Pune also. And don't hesitate to bargain, you may try to get some extra discount/ freebies..

BTW, with which dealer you are having talks right now? 

I had a visit to Asset skoda, Bhandarkar Road. My experience with the sales people is really good. They always seem to be cooperative enough to help anytime (even on phone also for my queries & concerns). Though I had purchased mine from Shrine Auto, Kolhapur.. 

In fact, I didn't go for the extended warranty, but I still sometimes think, I should have gone for it!! One can always have a complete peace of mind with a little extra money spent ....  

Thanks & regards,

I wont suggest to go for Insurance externally, rather go for Skoda Shield. As Vikas said, you wont save much by going for other insurance company. Skoda will charge more bt if needed to claim insurance in future we dont have to reciprocate between Skoda and that Insurance company.

Other options like registering vehicle outside city limit is the best one to save some bucks. I know even between Pune and PCMC you will save around 5000/- Smile

Happy Searching!

Miles to go.
Last Updated: 09-Mar, 2011 11:17 AM, by Nakum

#135 14-Mar, 2011 06:20 PM
Anant
Long-termer

Dr. Vikas / Nakum

Thanks a lot for  your replies.

Those are really helpful

Actually Skoda seams to be the best bait in premium hatch

I have one more question regarding Music System. The Ambiente does not have the Factory fitted Music System. I want to have a integrated music system as it gives a great look and fill.

What are the options available. I asked Skoda guys, they told me it will be additinal 16K to add the factory fitted music system  to ambiente.

Another Skoda person told me that it will required 35K ( yes you are reading it correctly  ) its 35K..

Whats the actual charges for this integrated Music sys If i want to get it from Skoda?

Has anybody done this ?

Can I get music system fitted from outside and have a look and fill as nice as the factory fitted ?

#136 14-Mar, 2011 07:19 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
@anantjoshi: fabia music system is a 2 DIN HU. That can be picked up from the market. Alternatively, if you want Skoda/VW specific HU, I had read in team-bhp forum that someone had ordered it from China and has installed it. It is the same type which goes into higher end Skodas/VWs at a lower price.

#137 15-Mar, 2011 10:49 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by anantjoshi

I have one more question regarding Music System. The Ambiente does not have the Factory fitted Music System. I want to have a integrated music system as it gives a great look and fill.

What are the options available. I asked Skoda guys, they told me it will be additinal 16K to add the factory fitted music system  to ambiente.

Another Skoda person told me that it will required 35K ( yes you are reading it correctly  ) its 35K..

Whats the actual charges for this integrated Music sys If i want to get it from Skoda?

Has anybody done this ?

Can I get music system fitted from outside and have a look and fill as nice as the factory fitted ?

Hi Anant,

well, I haven't purchased the Fabia but doing extensive research, as much as I can. Yes, you got the right information that the original 2-DIN music system that comes with Fabia will cost your around 35K the name of the model is Skoda BEAT. I bet you will get a touch screen, large display LCD/LED system in this budget from any reputed brand.

The best option is to buy it externally BUT mind it not to play with the wiring, as it will VOID your warranty. As you too belongs to Pune, I know that guys working for Skoda showroom will arange for you to fit it outside of the dealer (at some accessory shop) showroom without cutting wires. I dont know but there must be some commission (or may be they will be getting it from accessory shop) involved. I could tell you all these things because I inqured with an accessory shop and he told me that the same guy who works with the Skoda dealer (Europa, Wakad in Pune) comes to our shop to fit the music system, so don't worry he knows how to do it without cutting wires.

Miles to go.

#138 15-Mar, 2011 05:00 PM
Anant
Long-termer

Thanks JamChamp / Nakul

Actually I'm not particullar about the Skoda Music system as such. I'm more interested to have a integrated feel so that I can avoid the patchy looks which are there if we fit the Music system from external sources.

Can we fit the Musi sys from external sources and still have a integrated look?

If yes what could be the cost ? It should not be more than 15-20K.

#139 15-Mar, 2011 05:17 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Hi Anant,

I have two friends (total 3) interested in Fabia from Pune, we are reviewing it to make a group deal.

Miles to go.

#140 15-Mar, 2011 06:26 PM
Anant
Long-termer

Hey Nakum

Thats would be great thing if we can get some deal.

I'll also check if I can get some friends along with us.

#141 15-Mar, 2011 11:12 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

I can't PM you as my total posts < 100!

You are just 2 posts away!!

Miles to go.

#142 16-Mar, 2011 12:28 AM
Anant
Long-termer

I'll contact you..you can search me on Facebook with my name 

#143 16-Mar, 2011 10:30 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Thanks for the mail  Smile

Miles to go.

#144 17-Mar, 2011 06:46 PM
Bala
Road-tested
Joined Date: 17 Mar 2011

Hi All,

I'm Bala from Chennai. I have almost finalized to buy Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI Elegance from Gurudev Motors. What is your take on the car so far. Any complaints with the vehicle. Do you recommend ME to buy this car.

Thank you.

#145 17-Mar, 2011 07:29 PM
Fabia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Jan 2011

Hi,

The car is overall good compared to japanese cars in all aspects. Drive comfort top class. But the after sales and resale value may not be as good. 

#146 21-Mar, 2011 05:00 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Hi,

Any Skoda Fabia 1.2 tdi buyers in Chennai. I'm really confused if I should buy the elegance tdi model.Please help and appreciate any contact

Thanks,

Bala

#147 21-Mar, 2011 05:11 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer

Posted by mbgr1947

Hi,

Any Skoda Fabia 1.2 tdi buyers in Chennai. I'm really confused if I should buy the elegance tdi model.Please help and appreciate any contact

Thanks,

Bala

Hi Bala,

What I understand from your statement is that you are confused about Diesel and Petrol Or if at all you should buy a Fabia.

If it is Diesel vs Petrol so calculate your basic running daily / weekly / monthly / yearly and calculate amount you would be spending on it. Keep a realistic figure as average under 80% or 100% AC on condition (because it is ChennaiCool). Once you reach to a figure then calculate how much you would be paying for Diesel varient of any car and how much time (KMs or Months or Years) you would take to recover that amount.

I am sure you will get your answer, still if you need any support. Just PM me your requirement, probabaly I will be able to help you out.

As far as Fabia is concerned, then it is a fantastic car and top end model is still loaded with features.

All the BEST.

Last Updated: 21-Mar, 2011 05:12 PM, by Shailinder

#148 21-Mar, 2011 05:27 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Hi Shailinder,

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for a Skoda Fabia 1.2 diesel elegance model. My concern and major apprehension is about the A.S.S and cost of spares. Is it still bad even with the new model

Appreciate your suggestions.

#149 21-Mar, 2011 09:56 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi Bala,

The cost of spares have gone down by 30-40 percent i heard. Still some major components like gear box and core engine components will be expensive compared to other vehicles. But i don't think you will face issues with these. Go ahead and buy it if you like it. I was using Figo diesel and upgraded to Fabia and i like the comfort and class.

#150 21-Mar, 2011 10:44 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi all,

This type of questions are raised so many times in this forum (also in some other forums as well).. I would rather suggest every newbie to go through the thread thoroughly well just before joining and raising a query.. Many times the same issue can be found here already discussed before also..

mbgr1947,

It's but natural for you to have such concerns, mainly because of the 'past' horrifying issues/ experiences regarding ASS of Skoda.. Fortunately, at least I didn't come across any new case since long.. Skoda might be improving on that ground & it has to be.. In the vast developing Auto market of India, no one would now afford to be 'careless' & stubborn.. Skoda has officially sacked few such dealerships after having complaints from the customers.. 

And about the cost of spares issue, I still remember recently, somebody (? Kunaal/ Shailinder) has shared a list of comparison regarding the cut down of spare prices especially after the introduction of New Fabia.. Skoda has now started localization of spares (production of many at Chakan, near Pune) that effectively resulted in the substantial price drop.. 

Following the regular increase in the monthly sell of Fabia, I won't find any reason there in rethinking while buying a New Fab...

So don't bother & even it is well approved that Fabia won't need change of spares so often.. All the best..

Thanks & regards,

Last Updated: 21-Mar, 2011 10:52 PM, by dr.vikas

#151 25-Mar, 2011 04:37 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Thanks, Vikas.

I have booked Fabia 1.2 TDI elegance today. BTW, i SAW 4 FABIAS getting ready for delivery today at Gurudev Motors, Chennai.

I forgot- the waiting period is 3 weeks

#152 25-Mar, 2011 08:57 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer

Posted by mbgr1947

Thanks, Vikas.

I have booked Fabia 1.2 TDI elegance today. BTW, i SAW 4 FABIAS getting ready for delivery today at Gurudev Motors, Chennai.

Congrates MBGR, I am sure you will have many miles on you Fabia...Do share your dealership experience and after delivery as well.

Last Updated: 25-Mar, 2011 08:59 PM, by Shailinder

#153 26-Mar, 2011 04:20 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

slightly OT.. mumbai ppl can help..

i got a few scratches on my side mirror. Can see white line (i think thats primer). Will the workshop (sewri/reay road) help in restoring it?

any body has resolved any similar issues earlier.

cheers

#154 26-Mar, 2011 06:47 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi,

Take it to 3M guys and they will apply rubbing polish it should solve the problem as it is not deep. Don't worry even if it has to be painted as the whole side mirror assembly need not be removed even if it has to be painted. The white part is a separate plastic piece which can be removed without touching the whole assembly.

#155 26-Mar, 2011 10:21 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer
Joined Date: 01 Jun 2010

Hi,

Firstly regret not being able to post on the thread for a while now. Work and travel has kept me a little busy. I have been using my Fabia 1.2 TDI Ambiente since early Dec 2010 and must admit I am very happy with my purchase. The car feels solid and has given no reason to complain so far. I have however still not been able to take the car out of Mumbai and plan to do so in the next weekends. Will write a detailed ownership report in the next few weeks. One thing I should mention is that the rubber on my wiper blades began to peel off - however JMD Skoda replaced the wiper blade set free of cost.  
The in city performance is very nice and the car has been returning a fuel average in the range of 12.8 - 14.5 Km/Ltr. Please keep in mind my running is largely in bumber to bumber Mumbai city during peak traffic with the AC switched on around 90 - 95% of the time. So I assume highway figures should be significantly better. 

02/02

Good Bits –

1)      Illuminated dual glove box

2)      Large and practical boot

3)      Gear shift indicator : helps fuel efficiency

4)      Height adjustable driver seat : Steering also adjustable for reach and height.

5)      Hand brake on warning light and warning chime : Very useful 

6)      Power windows – practical features : Auto up/down, can be operated even when car is switched off and can operate  them while locking the car from the outside too. 

7)      Powerful AC

8)      Conviniently located lever to flip front seats backrest forward: Access even from the rear seats.

9)   Rear AC vents : Not the as effective as a dedicated rear seat vent but does help in air circulation near the rear passenger seats. 

Not so good Bits –

1)      Spongy brake feed back :The brake works fine but the pedal response does not feel that it bites the brake as well as a old Honda City or the Ford Icon. Not sure if its just my car

2)      Aircon circulation swich – fiddly : The circulation switches to the other mode the moment you rotate the thermostat dial.

3)      No grab handles above the passenger doors : Practical and useful touch 

4)      Fuel filler needs to be opened with a key:  Primitive.. why?

5)      No manual locking pin to lock/unlock doors from the inside: Just a matter of habit I guess, but I still miss it. 

6)   No rear power windows and rear wiper wash even on car costing 6.8 Lakhs on road in Mumbai

Hope this is of some use.
Regards,
Kunaal 

: Follow my blog : http://carsandcurios.blogspot.com/ : Cars Owned : Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI, Ford Fiesta 1.6
Last Updated: 17-Jul, 2011 04:37 PM, by sanshrinand

#156 27-Mar, 2011 10:38 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi Kunaal.

Welcome back once again to the thread after a long break... Your good work always make this thread live! hoping you must be in touch with the posts written by many new & old friends ... Do share your opinion/ suggestions on the older posts also, if any..

Hi every Fab lover,

I just had a one day trip to Mumbai yesterday only... Total 764 kms of travel including 4/ 5 hrs of 'exhausting' city drive & rest of it, sheer pleasure on the NH4 ... within 18 hrs in all.. with the highest speed achieved just below180 kmph (beating my previous best of 160+ on NH4 itself, on the way to Bangalore.. this time near Panvel on the express way..)  

No.. That's not the all what I wanted to share with you.. but a little guess work is also expected from all the Fab owners/ members .. I am still astounded with the performance of my Fab, Cool really gr8!!! (that's the only clue..) 

By now, all of you might be knowing, there is warning light / chime indicator as well for the fuel reserve indication.. On my journey back to home, I refueled the car with 4.85 ltrs (for Rs. 200/-) at HP pump at Ajinkyatara Sugar Factory, Satara. All I wished to check the FE of my car, taking the advantage of the reserve indicator.. The trip meter reading was 689.6, when the chime struck before refueling ..

Now, my simple question for all you there- what could be the trip meter reading when the reserve chime struck the next time??? (e.g. after consuming all those 'valuable' 4.85 ltrs..)

Any guesses????

I'll be disclosing the 'figure' only after having at least 5 replies here... BTW, no any prizes to be won for that ... Money mouth  

Keep writing, 

Last Updated: 27-Mar, 2011 10:40 PM, by dr.vikas

#157 29-Mar, 2011 11:09 PM
Johnson Ponraj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jan 2010

Dr. Vikas,

The reading shall be between 764 and 767.

I am very keenly watching this thread to finalize my next car. KunaalSaigal and yours input on the Fabia are very genuine and leading the customers towards Fabia.

Mainly waiting to get some more information regarding service cost of 1st and 2nd including the breakup of materials used and labor charges.

#158 30-Mar, 2011 12:40 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Thanks a lot Johnson, for your reply & for the compliments as well ..

I won't be commenting/ disclosing anything right now about the 'quiz'.. Let the others do try before the declaration... Keep guessing guys..

BTW, few days back I have got the 5 wheel rotation, balancing & alignment of my Fab done for some 340+ Rs. after having completed 7600 kms.. (& that just before my Mumbai trip)

I called on to the Skoda service station before outsourcing the job at New International Tyres, Kolhapur.. They are the authorized distributors for Bridgestone.. Since last 4/ 5 yrs (or even more), I have been getting all the related work of my car done from them only..

And obviously there are reasons for that- 2 Well equipped showrooms, professional yet genuine service & nice quality workmanship at reasonable rates... Hopefully visiting them very soon for the free check up offered..

Keep writing,

Regards,

Last Updated: 30-Mar, 2011 12:47 AM, by dr.vikas

#159 30-Mar, 2011 07:50 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

@drvikas: 765-770

#160 01-Apr, 2011 08:51 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by jamchamp

Thanx jamchamp for your reply, well try but that's not enough... Hmm, I still need to wait for another 2-3 guesses by our friends..

Let's see who comes closer... BTW you may go for one more chance....

What I could disclose right now is about the situation--

It was 12 midnight when I was there on NH4 near Satara (Anewadi toll booth)

Speed was constant at about 100 kmph

RPM was around 2-2.5K

AC was on (step-1)

Hardly needed to apply the clutch or break or to revv.. 

I'll give you the next clue (if required) which will almost get you up to the answer in my next post... 

Regards,

#161 02-Apr, 2011 07:33 PM
Bala
Road-tested

vikas,

my guess shld be around 780~790

#162 02-Apr, 2011 07:42 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Hi Fabians,

I'm eagerly waiting for my Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI Elegance model from Gurudev Motors, Chennai. I was promised 24th April delivery. My dealership exp. so far has been good esp. with sales rep. Prabha. She went out of her way to explain me evrything i asked her. I bargained for few freebies for the first time in my 3 cars ownership YellWinkTongue out (learned from the fellow owners on this forum).

She instantly promised me free Teflon coating, underneath anti-corrosive painting, mud flaps and mats. I don't know the total value of the freebies but I'm happy.

Guys, did anyone in the forum got the first service of the new skoda fabia. 

#163 02-Apr, 2011 08:39 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

I would like to tell you certain things

1.  underneath anti-corrosive painting : This is a clear cheating as the car itself comes with a underneath coating and 2 year anti corrosion warranty. Actually i too believed this and later i came to know that underneath coating cannot be done from their own service station as the car already has rubber like coating at bottom. Even if they do the coating it will not stick. I confirmed from both vadapalani and guindy service. Please argue with them with proof and take some other freebie like tank full etc.

2. Mud flaps and Floor mats : This is the local one which they offer as freebie. If you want original you will have to pay Rs2000 as difference. I am telling you this as out of experience.

3. Teflon is something which they do but not as professional as 3M. They are required to do this anyway i will tell you the reason. The roof and the bonnet and door handles are all covered with plastic cover stuck with glue when the car arrives from factory. When they remove the plastic cover they need to use the teflon substance to clear it.

You can actually bargain for the OE floor and mud flaps and tank full(20 litres comes with car and 25 Litres is the coupon which they give), 3M sunfilm.

Last Updated: 02-Apr, 2011 08:40 PM, by fabia.info

#164 03-Apr, 2011 12:42 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Thanks mate,

very helpful and appreciate your detail reply on the so called freebies. I would negotiate for OE floor and mud flaps, 3m sunfilm and tank full. 

Last Updated: 03-Apr, 2011 12:43 PM, by mbgr1947

#165 03-Apr, 2011 12:47 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

Posted by jamchamp

i up my range by 14 kms, i.e. 779-784

#166 04-Apr, 2011 01:20 AM
Bala
Road-tested

Hey Guys,

Very anxious to receive delivery of my fabia 1.2 tdi elegance in the week of April 20th.

Happened to go thru OLD Team BHP ownership reviews on old fabia 1.4 mpi and 1.4 TDI today. Very very scary reviews on the OLD MODELS car stalling IN TRAFFIC AND HIGHWAYS from the 1st month itself. Legal battles with the skoda company by one HarishV and likewise many owners spitting venom on skoda.

As a future skoda fabia owner I'm really tensed if i have made the right choice. Any new skoda fabia 1.2 tdi owner from Chennai, I would be happy to call you or can reach me on 95000 23089.

Appreciate your advice.

Last Updated: 04-Apr, 2011 01:21 AM, by mbgr1947

#167 04-Apr, 2011 09:49 AM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi,

I bought 1.2 CR TDi on from Gurudev and i have done about a 1200Km. Don't worry you will enjoy the vehicle. Just make sure you check the vehicle thoroughly before taking delivery becoz i had paint issues with the left mirror cover and they replaced it. Also check for scratches etc. Best thing is to pressure the sales person to show the vehicle in the yard before registration.

You can meet Mr Vasanth in Arumbakkam branch service for any issues. He is a helpful person. Guindy is managed by Mr Sundar who is generally busy but on insistence will attend to you. Others are ok as they don't have full knowledge. This is just for information. Generally the problem with Skoda is they are very slow in doing things. For eg you ask a query they take their own time to respond. If they have to change something in warranty then they send mail etc and get the approval and then only proceed. But other companies simply change the part and then claim it.

I have heard from others that most of the parts are being manufactured in Pune plant unlike before where they were being imported and hence expensive.

Caution : Make sure you inform that you will make payment just before(2days) registration. As the sales people will try to push you to pay once the vehicle has started from factory(10-12 days earlier). I am saying this becoz sometimes the car get damaged/scratches during transport or last minute allocation to other influential people keeping you on hold or by simply pushing other color cars claiming that the factory didn't displatch your preffered color etc.

Last Updated: 04-Apr, 2011 09:52 AM, by fabia.info

#168 04-Apr, 2011 11:51 AM
Bala
Road-tested

Thanks, man.

As always your suggestions are very helpful. I know these questions have been asked umpteen times in this forum. Jus wanted to check with fellow Chennaite.

1. Do you think they would allow me to check the vehicle before registration in their warehouse.

2.what is the city and highway mileage with A.C are u getting. 

3. Is ordinary Diesel good enough or should we use Shell Diesel which is little expensive.

4. Did u find any problem with the speed breakers due to low grnd clearance of the car ( I know the grnd clearance has been slightly increased from the old car).

Thanks in advance.

Bala

#169 04-Apr, 2011 11:52 AM
Bala
Road-tested

Hey,

Did anyone in the forum get the new skoda fabia 1.2 tdi 1st service done. If so, plse share your experience.

#170 04-Apr, 2011 09:35 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

1. Do you think they would allow me to check the vehicle before registration in their warehouse.

They will not allow in a smooth way. Since they pressurized me to pay 12 days before i took it up with Skoda India and then negotiated with the dealer to pay balance amt (apart from advance) only after seeing the car 2 days beofre registration. The dealer deciding authority there is Paras and Moorthy. The car will come to vadapalani branch for teflon coating and thats wheeree i saw mine. Infact many companies allow you to check the vehicle before registration. I did that for Ford Figo my earlier car.

2.what is the city and highway mileage with A.C are u getting. 

This part i have not calculated exactly. I can say similar to Figo around 11-13 in city and 17+ in highways.

3. Is ordinary Diesel good enough or should we use Shell Diesel which is little expensive.

Just go only for ordinary diesel. Preferably BP company operated outlet.

4. Did u find any problem with the speed breakers due to low grnd clearance of the car ( I know the grnd clearance has been slightly increased from the old car).

Ground clearance is excellent. Though specification says 158mm it is far far better then my figo with 168mm ground clearance. It will neither scrap the mud flaps or the under chasis. This part i am very sure.

#171 04-Apr, 2011 10:20 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by mbgr1947

vikas,

my guess shld be around 780~790

Thanx Bala & jamchamp for the replies which are still not correct, but now I personally don't want to keep you all awaiting for the answer...

I myself didn't believe it, anyway the trip meter reading after the consumption of those 4.85 ltrs was stunning 813.9 kms... apperantly it means the car travelled almost about 124.3 kms!! I really mean it... absolutely oustanding... And that's the FAB!!!

I know this is not the correct way to check the FE, as their is always a possibility of errors in such calculations & to avoid such mistakes, one should go for the 'tank full to tank full' readings to get the correct mileage... Even then I am very much delighted with the performance of the car...

Now waiting egarly for some expert comments from our fellow members..

Regards,

#172 04-Apr, 2011 10:50 PM
Johnson Ponraj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jan 2010

@ Dr. Vikas,

It is absolutely outstanding and unbelievable. Even though the method is not the correct one, how much it goes wrong, say 1km/ltr: still it is out out outstanding.

@ Fabiainfo

Nice reply on your post @198. I was in the same doubt on ground clearance of Fabia. It clears quite lot of Fabia takers doubt.

#173 04-Apr, 2011 11:04 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Guys,

I'm glad I joined this forum. It has helped me clear all my doubts I had with the new skoda tdi.

It was a pleasant  surprise today morning when Kunal called me from Mumbai. Although it was an STD Call as I'm based out of Chennai, he spoke at length about his New skoda fab 1.2 tdi. He patiently clarified every question I had with the new Fab 1,2 tdi. 

In the evening another gentlemen from Chennai called me. He has booked new fab 1.2 tdi. We spoke for about 25 mts ranging from the old issues to the present car.

Boy this forum is turning out to be very helpful for all the prospective buyers. Keep up all the good work fellow skoda fabians. 

#174 04-Apr, 2011 11:05 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by mbgr1947

Hey,

Did anyone in the forum get the new skoda fabia 1.2 tdi 1st service done. If so, plse share your experience.

IMO, there is no chance for anybody having done the 1st service of the New Skoda Fabia 1.2 as of now... As it is being launched on 12th Oct. 2010 (I purchased mine on 20.10.2010) & one has to complete at least 15K kms/ one year for the !st service...

I have done almost 9.5K kms of really happy driving by now & believe me, I don't have any regret for my purchase or with the dealer/ service station people... though sometimes I still feel, I should have gone for the 'Elegance' regardless of the price difference...

I also have gone through the horror stories of Skoda ASS on the net, but you see such things happen with every company in more or less extent!!! Don't ever think of myself backing Skoda here by any means, because I always like to stand with the consumer in any case of disputes... 

For the pre registraion/ delivery check up of the car, don't worry nobody will object you at any dealer, I tell you... There is a detailed format/ checklist for such inspection on TeamBHP forum.... You may follow the link given below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/61089-narrow-escape-dodgy-dealer-thanks-team-bhp-pdi-checklist.html

Don't forget, it is your right to get all your queries resolved/ clarified from the dealer before sealing the deal.. Anyway, happy buying...

Regards,

#175 04-Apr, 2011 11:10 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Fabia.info,

Appreciate your reply. As always you clarify everything in detail. Thank you for clarifying all the doubts most of the prospective owners would have.

#176 04-Apr, 2011 11:12 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Vikas,

That is amAzing FE. May be the other owners should also share their FEs as it would help everyone

#177 05-Apr, 2011 12:13 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by mbgr1947

Vikas,

That is amAzing FE. May be the other owners should also share their FEs as it would help everyone

Hi mbgr1947 & all,

Here, I want to share my experience just within the next 2/3 days after my Mumbai trip... this time the situation was totally different.. most of the travel was in breaks/ for short distances, on countryside 'bad' roads & mostly in extremely hot conditions with the AC on at step 2/3 ...

This time, I once again  intensionally refuelled the car in small quantity- 7.25 ltrs of diesel (for Rs.300/-)... the last trip meter reading at reserve as already mentioned earlier, was 813.9 kms & at the next time when the reserve chime struck it was just 931 kms... that means the car travelled mere 117 kms this time & that for 7.25 ltrs... 

These above calculations/ experiences suggest the FE you can get with your FABIA 1.2 TDI must be somewhere in between 16 to 25 kmpl depending up on the conditions, anyway  that's not at all 'BAD'... So no need to worry about the FE .. I am sure it is one of the BEST for any diesel car in this segment...

Keep writing,

Bye,

#178 05-Apr, 2011 08:13 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Rafiq,

I have inquired with Gurudev Motors, Chennai. There is an increase of 10K on skoda fabia TDI

#179 05-Apr, 2011 10:06 PM
Rafiq
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Apr 2011

Thank sfor your reply.

#180 05-Apr, 2011 11:20 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Guys, I have also opted for Skoda Secure( Bumper to Bumper) apart from Skoda Shield.

Did anyone in the forum opt for Skoda Secure( Bumper to Bumper) @7,900+.

Any limitations with this package that are not covered. Is it worth to opt for Skoda Secure( Bumper to Bumper).

Appreciate ur feedback

#181 06-Apr, 2011 10:18 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi,

It is again just a prespective and ones own choice. From my prespective it may not be worth as you are paying it for an year and i don't think you will utilise the worth. I guess this comes into rescue for plastic parts when you claim from insurance. Becoz normally in plastic parts the insurance company only reimburses 40-50 percent and i dont think it is value for money.

FYI Skoda already gives 2 year paint warranty for discoloration or chipping etc separately apart from usual 2 yr warranty and 2 yr anti corrosion warranty which i mentioned earlier.

I don't know if you noticed just some cool features.

1. You can get all window glasses down and up without inserting the key from outside itself by using remote key in elegance model by pressing unlock button and lock button for about 4 secs respectively

2. There is gear shift indicator to direct you the right gear may be useful for beginners

3. When you raise the accelerator fully in idle it cuts off at 3500 rpm so that engine doesn't need to be strained. Helpful during cold start.

One small thing which you may not have experienced in other vehicles you may have to get down and use the key to lock and unlock the fuel tank with the key. It doesnt auto lock when the doors are locked.

#182 06-Apr, 2011 10:49 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

Posted by fabia.info

FYI Skoda already gives 2 year paint warranty for discoloration or chipping etc separately apart from usual 2 yr warranty and 2 yr anti corrosion warranty which i mentioned earlier.

2. There is gear shift indicator to direct you the right gear may be useful for beginners

Dude,

I drive a petrol 1.2 elegance. I was under the impression paint warranty is for 5 yrs and anti corrosion was for 7 yrs. Will recheck my facts.

The tips u mentioned are pretty cool. Have been reading about the gear shift indicator but haven't been able to find any way to use it. Workshop guy says it doesn't come activated in Indian models. Pls guide me on this.

As far as getting down for fuelling, it's a pain at times, but helps in a way coz I end up monitoring the filling process so that no under-fuelling stunts are tried on me.

Thanks

Last Updated: 06-Apr, 2011 10:51 PM, by jamchamp

#183 07-Apr, 2011 12:13 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ jamchamp,

Liked your comment on the need of key to lock/ unlock fuel tank lid...

There is 'Gear Shift Indicator' activated in my Ambiente TDI. I think, it is there by default & hence should be there in your car also. But if it isn't, then just check it out with any Skoda workshop.. hope, they would readily help you rectifying the error.. BTW IMO, for any 'seasoned' driver, it is of 'no' / or only of a very little(?) use! 

Keep writing,

#184 07-Apr, 2011 12:26 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

@dr.vikas

thanks.

i'm no seasoned driver, but with the aid of tachometer; i m in a position to be in the right gear (apparently) most of the time. but there's no harm in some additonal feedback and if a feature is present why not use it.

#185 07-Apr, 2011 12:44 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@jamchamp,

that's true & I agree with your opinion..

One more thing, you may add a little to FE also, just by driving the car in proper gear with the help of the gear shift indicator.. In that way it is really helpful, especially to the new drivers... I just overlooked the advantage.. Anyway you may get it activated at the service station.. I could rather pass on some official info regarding this later...

All Fabia Lovers,

I think, you would be pleased to see the news below:  Smile

Skoda Auto India, a fully owned subsidiary of Skoda Auto a.s., Czech Republic (Volkswagen Group), one of the premium automobile manufacturers in India today announced its association with India’s most prestigious beauty pageant - Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2011.

Skoda’s stylish hatchback the All New  Skoda Fabia will be the official car partner for the Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2011. Through this association, the three winners of PFMI 2011 will be awarded the  Skoda Fabia as the pageant’s grand prize.

Talking about this association, Mr. Thomas Kuehl, Member of the Board, Sales and Marketing, Skoda Auto India said, “We are pleased to announce our first ever association with India’s most successful and credible beauty pageant - Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2011. The All New  Skoda Fabia known for its unmistakable style and fabulous looks makes for a perfect match with the beauty pageant encompassing flawless blend of style and substance. We believe that this partnership is a step in the right direction to enhance  Skoda Fabia’s lifestyle positioning.” Cool

So, howz' dat???

#186 07-Apr, 2011 01:51 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Hey you all there,

If you are really not delighted with the news in my last post, hmm, here is something more exciting now for you... 
Don't worry, it's not at all for making you a bit 'April fool'... It has been declared officially..

The Sun God is ready to let lose its command. The temperatures soar high, the street roads lie dead leaving us parched. It is not only us who feel sun-burn..our cars too feel the heat and start throwing tantrums in an untimely manner if not taken good care of. To make your car skip the heat and remain in the pink of health Skoda is organizing a month long Summer Check-up for your Skoda absolutely free!!!!

The Summer Check-up camp begins on the 1st of April 2011 and runs through till 30th April 2011. So gear up, fix an appointment with the nearest authorized Skoda dealership and give your car the loving touch!!!

Last Updated: 17-Jul, 2011 04:41 PM, by sanshrinand

#187 08-Apr, 2011 08:18 AM
Kapil Bhatia
New Arrival

Sorry guys,as its late to be in contact with you all.On  21st of feb ,my fab and my family  met  with an accident.Everything went well but both the doors of co-driver side were totally damaged.and on 22nd feb  I left  my car at Channel motors Haldwani(skoda dealer).After contacting customer care several times and sending mail to skoda customer care, I got it back on 23rd march(one month and two days).and10% of its work is still left.

On 26th march, I took my car and my family to Delhi-Jaipur-udaipur-ranthambore-jaipur-delhi (total journey 2120 kms in one week) tour and then back to home.Every time 4-5 passengers were there in it and nearly 80% AC was ON on the way.Toppest speed ,I touched was 135.Overall milage I got is  20km/l.Earlier ,I went to Nainital I got an average of 21.5 with it.

I would like to know that day light in Elegance model is every time ON  as many people on the way indicate  me for the same.

#188 08-Apr, 2011 09:40 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by dr.vikas

All Fabia Lovers,

I think, you would be pleased to see the news below:  Smile

Skoda Auto India, a fully owned subsidiary of Skoda Auto a.s., Czech Republic (Volkswagen Group), one of the premium automobile manufacturers in India today announced its association with India’s most prestigious beauty pageant - Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2011.

Skoda’s stylish hatchback the All New  Skoda Fabia will be the official car partner for the Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2011. Through this association, the three winners of PFMI 2011 will be awarded the  Skoda Fabia as the pageant’s grand prize.

Talking about this association, Mr. Thomas Kuehl, Member of the Board, Sales and Marketing, Skoda Auto India said, “We are pleased to announce our first ever association with India’s most successful and credible beauty pageant - Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2011. The All New  Skoda Fabia known for its unmistakable style and fabulous looks makes for a perfect match with the beauty pageant encompassing flawless blend of style and substance. We believe that this partnership is a step in the right direction to enhance  Skoda Fabia’s lifestyle positioning.” Cool

So, howz' dat???

Truely speaking, thats not any big news to any prospective nor existing Fabia lovers. Sponsering events like PFMI is not any big deal for Europe's largest automobile group VW. It would be more appealing and useful if they would have provided some better Customer Care/After Sales Services by doling out even 50% of amount they would spend of PMFI.

At the max one can take proud that those contestents are travelling by the same Fabia as yours, that all!

Miles to go.

#189 08-Apr, 2011 11:11 AM
Bala
Road-tested

Kapil,

sorry to hear about ur car accident but I'm glad to hear that u and ur family are safe. That is more important.

Was the accident that really bad for ur car to take 1 month repair. Which is quite a long period and I think that is were the skoda service really sucks.

I would like to know that day light in Elegance model is every time ON  as many people on the way indicate  me for the same. Someone in the forum owning an elegance model should throw some light on this.

#190 08-Apr, 2011 11:23 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Its called the DRL and it should be ON by default as per some European safety standards, as the weather there keeps changing unlikne ours.

A daytime running lamp (DRL, also daylight running lamp or daytime running light) is an automotive lighting device on the front of a roadgoing motor vehicle, installed in pairs, automatically switched on when the vehicle is moving forward, emitting white, yellow, or amber light to increase the conspicuity of the vehicle during daylight conditions.

Source: Wikipedia

Miles to go.

#191 08-Apr, 2011 12:57 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

@kk9974

I have a petrol elegance. I had visited the workshop for turning off the DRLs. There are two ways to go about it. Firstly, the VAS (software) can be used to turn it off. The w/shop front office guy was vehemently saying that  it cant be done. But later I found another technician who supported me. Unfortunately, it was discovered that there is an issue in the VAS connection. They will procure the replacement connector for me.

the second method is to locate the fuse and  deactivate it by that method.

pls keep us posted on ur course of action.

#192 08-Apr, 2011 01:18 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Posted by kk9974

Sorry guys,as its late to be in contact with you all.On  21st of feb ,my fab and my family  met  with an accident.Everything went well but both the doors of co-driver side were totally damaged.and on 22nd feb  I left  my car at Channel motors Haldwani(skoda dealer).After contacting customer care several times and sending mail to skoda customer care, I got it back on 23rd march(one month and two days).and10% of its work is still left.

On 26th march, I took my car and my family to Delhi-Jaipur-udaipur-ranthambore-jaipur-delhi (total journey 2120 kms in one week) tour and then back to home.Every time 4-5 passengers were there in it and nearly 80% AC was ON on the way.Toppest speed ,I touched was 135.Overall milage I got is  20km/l.Earlier ,I went to Nainital I got an average of 21.5 with it.

I would like to know that day light in Elegance model is every time ON  as many people on the way indicate  me for the same.

Hi Kapil, sorry to learn about the accident and Thank God that you guys safely escaped from it and all is well.

Miles to go.

#193 08-Apr, 2011 01:22 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Hi jamchamp,

btw, whats the mileage that you are geeting with your Petrol Elagance in Mumbai traffic. Heard enough (though its never enough to hear good things about this loving car!) good numbers from Dr.Vikas about the Diesel but haven't much input from Petrol Fabia owners. So come one you Petrol Fabia owbers, share your mileage numbers, city as well as highway.

Miles to go.

#194 08-Apr, 2011 03:01 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

@Nakum:

90% of travel is daily commute (~3 km each way with fairly heavy traffic) with AC on at lowest blower setting. I have tried the tankful method and am getting between 9-10 kmpl.

On a few long distance (~ 10-20 km each way) I have observed FE of 14-16 kmpl with similar AC settings.

#195 08-Apr, 2011 05:23 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer

Posted by kk9974

It is really sad to note that you met with an accident and got it back after a month. Well ASS is something on which Skoda should work. They are not working on this direction at all or the improvement is very slow and because of that people to tilting towards other brands.

As far as day light is concerned so that is called DRL (Day Time Running Light). That is there so that on coming people / vehicles can see you during day time as well. Consider it is a big safety feature and nothing else. I am sure you must have seen few Audi's or BMW's with lights on (LEDs near head light). This is a must feature in Europe and America now a days.

I would highly recommand it to stay on for your own safety. Let people raise points that your lights are on, they are raising because they are able to see it and that is the whole purpose of DRLs.

Think wisely....

All the best

Last Updated: 08-Apr, 2011 05:26 PM, by Shailinder

#196 08-Apr, 2011 05:54 PM
Suresh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Apr 2011

hi

this is my first post on carwale.

stumbled on this site while researching for my first car.

I was thinking of ford figo but now almost finalised on new skoda fabia ambiente 1.2 TDI (in spite of recent price hike!). The sheer class,comfort & space of fabia bowled me over and made me stretch my budget. After all i plan to keep the car for atleast 5 yrs.

My daily running is 40km in chennai city and 400 km monthly on highways. Was confused between petrol and diesel versions but EMI+ fuel cost calculations for my usage called for the diesel one. 

still some doubts remain on the skoda ASS and mileage.

need opinion of fabia owners on my decision.

Thank you

Last Updated: 08-Apr, 2011 05:55 PM, by smdr

#197 08-Apr, 2011 06:51 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Welcome Suresh,  to CarWale.

The confusion is very likely as both of these fall into almost similar price tag territory, but having lot of differnce in Price/Quality and Status values.. Figo TDCi Titanum or Fabia TDI Ambient?

Let's hope you will find valuable suggestion from this one of the most lively thread about Fabia.

Good Luck!

Miles to go.

#198 08-Apr, 2011 06:58 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

In American/European countries the weather changes rapidly, also they commute a lot for work and thats require DRL as one of the essential safety features. But in India we have good weather and visibility during the day time that does not make it an essential safety requirements. We have still long way to go to have even Airbags and ABS in our cars!!!

jokes apart, just come across few facts supporting our ongoing disucssion about DRL,

In 1972 Finland introduced mandatory (manual) use of headlights during the day. Other Scandinavian countries followed.

In 1989 Canada introduced mandatory automatic DRLs for new cars

DRLs have been standard on all GM cars in the USA since 1995

Source: PDF

Specific to Skoda Fabia and other European vehilcles,

Daytime Running Lights for all new vehicles from 2011 to increase road safety.

Source: linky

Miles to go.

#199 08-Apr, 2011 09:43 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi @smdr,

I was owning Ford Figo for an year and upgraded to Skoda Fabia Ambiente 1.2Tdi. You can blindly feel the next class of comfort in Skoda and ofcourse a very classy feel. Ya regarding ASS you cannot expect it as good as Ford. But you will generally not face issues with the vehicle. Mileage wise you will find it more or less as Figo. The Ground clearance is excellent compared to Figo. I mentioned this earlier in my posts.

#200 09-Apr, 2011 07:47 AM
Kapil Bhatia
New Arrival

Hi everybody,

thanks for your kind concern.In reality skoda ASS is lacking behind other brands in the market . As in my case ,two doors were to be changed.Dealer told me that the doors were not available to the company itself.He called me four times to pick my car ready but he himself couldnt maintain his promise.On 23 march ,when they were again making excuses  ,ANGRILY  I told them that today I am surely going to take my car from here whether it takes 8 or 9pm at night.and I am not going to close your workshop today.After few hours dealer himself assured  me how much work is done today in that you take your car and pending work  can be done after ten - twelve days.In workshop my car got one dent on driver side door and same side rear veiw mirror was also broken.Though he promised that both  will be manage by himself. In my case I found dealer fault more than the company.

Leaving behind all these, I would say that Fabia is a good product  and I enjoy its driving.

#201 09-Apr, 2011 09:19 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi all,

A lot of happening over here... Glad to see so many more posts..

Thanks to Nakum, jamchamp & Shailinder for their inputs regarding the DRL... really informative ‘research’ful job!!! BTW, somebody should have referred to the user manual also to get some additional/ official info...

@ smdr,

Considering your daily running, 1.2 TDI would undoubtedly be the better option for you... Already well said by Nakum here, + 1, as we are putting so much of our hard earned money in the purchase, confusion is but natural & one should always have concern regarding every small doubt/ query... Such forums help a lot for the new buyers to get some clarification/ first hand reviews for all their queries..

I would suggest you to visit the nearest Skoda dealer, personally meet the Sales Manager, raise all your queries/ doubts regarding the product/ service/ availability of spares etc. have a thorough discussion on every issue & then only come to any conclusion... See there is nothing wrong in getting such info officially for the sake of a ‘peaceful’ deal.. Have a TD with your family members, Consider their opinions also & then only decide..

My brief comparison between Figo & Fab- Figo is a bit wider but the cabin seems to be roomy & boot space is also more in Fab.. The Figo engine is 1.4 ltre as compared to 1.2 of Fab, anyway the FE of both cars is almost similar.. With Figo you’ll hardly need any retrofitting after purchase (whereas Fab lacks features like music system, central locking, Fog lamps, ABS & rear wiper/ washer etc. in Ambiente).. IMO In comfort, style, quality of interiors, brand value, overall performance & SAFETY, Fab stands way ahead of Figo..

Now, it’s totally up to you, how to work out all the things.. Take your own time & then finally ‘seal the deal’..

No need for you to get confused anymore now after so much discussion here... Good Luck!!!

Regards,

#202 09-Apr, 2011 09:54 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by Nakum

Truely speaking, thats not any big news to any prospective nor existing Fabia lovers. Sponsering events like PFMI is not any big deal for Europe's largest automobile group VW. It would be more appealing and useful if they would have provided some better Customer Care/After Sales Services by doling out even 50% of amount they would spend of PMFI.

At the max one can take proud that those contestents are travelling by the same Fabia as yours, that all!

Hi Nakum,

I totally agree with what you said in your post, that apperantlly seems true to some extent.. but in my post, I wanted to draw the attention of our members to the fact that Skoda is now at least involving in such events.. I personally feel that they were not at all bothered so seriously with the Indian market & customers as such any before & that could be one of the reasons behind the horrible ASS... 

To add one more thing, has anybody ever noticed the ads of Skoda products in the media so 'extensively' before the launch of New Fab. Think over it in every aspect, you'll find many reasons for such events & offering 'free' camps as well.. 

Keep writing,

Last Updated: 09-Apr, 2011 09:57 AM, by dr.vikas

#203 09-Apr, 2011 10:23 AM
Suresh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Apr 2011

thanks for the prompt replies.

planning to go for white or brilliant silver color.

the dealer-gurudevmotors chennai- quotes 7 lac after a corporate discount of 5000 rs.

have assured me of some discount in accesories.

pls let me know the standard accesories usually provided by skoda so that i may know what extras the SE is offering me .

thanks again

#204 09-Apr, 2011 06:33 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by smdr

pls let me know the standard accesories usually provided by skoda so that i may know what extras the SE is offering me .

thanks again

@smdr,

Mine is a Briliant silver one... have posted the pics on FB, you may follow this link to view those- 

Usually nothing is provided as SE with the Skoda products.. No floor carpets, mud flaps, music system, seat covers etc. it is the dealer who can offer such accessories as complimentary to the customers, of his own... one always needs to bargain hard for that at skoda...Cry

I was not given even a key chain for the extra key.. However, got a 'Ganesh' idol few days later, had to fight hard to recieve the corporate discount of Rs.15k; which the company offers for the Drs.. it took a lot of correspondance with the co. officials & full 3 months for that..

Anyway that is totally immaterial when you opt for New Fabia 1.2 TDI.. The pleasure you get while driving/ owning it is far above all that.. Smile

Welcome to the 'Fab'ulous family...

Keep writing,

#205 09-Apr, 2011 06:33 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi all, 

Booked my vehicle for the 'Summer Camp' on this Monday, 11th Apr. at Service station of Shrine Auto, Kolhapur. Will share my experince with it very soon..

I am looking for the cleaning of 'Pollen Filter' especially as having most of my travel in the dusty areas & want to learn it to do it myself next time onwards.

Has anyboby any idea about the same? I remember, Cavin had written something on this topic in his post once before, but disappeared from the thread then..

Hey Cavin, Where are you, Man?? Do elaborate something in details...

Regards,

Last Updated: 09-Apr, 2011 06:51 PM, by dr.vikas

#206 09-Apr, 2011 06:33 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by smdr

thanks again

@smdr,

Mine is a Briliant silver one... have posted the pics on FB, you may follow this link to view those- 

Usually nothing is provided as SE with the Skoda products.. No floor carpets, mud flaps, music system, seat covers etc. it is the dealer who can offer such accessories as complimentary to the customers, of his own... one always needs to bargain hard for that at skoda...Cry

I was not given even a key chain for the extra key.. However, got a 'Ganesh' idol few days later, had to fight hard to recieve the corporate discount of Rs.15k; which the company offers for the Drs.. it took a lot of correspondance with the co. officials & full 3 months for that..

Anyway that is totally immaterial when you opt for New Fabia 1.2 TDI.. The pleasure you get while driving/ owning it is far above all that.. Smile

Welcome to the 'Fab'ulous family...

Keep writing,

#207 09-Apr, 2011 09:51 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi @smdr,

I am just giving you the list of accessories given to me in corporate offer.

1. MP3 player from Kenwood worth (Rs7500) was given free.

2. Mats and Mud flaps given free. I had to pat Rs2000 as i wanted OE stuff. The one which they provide is local.

3. Teflon coating which they do anyway but claim it is free. They need to do it as it is covered with plastic cover with glue when displatched from factory.

4. Full tank coupon free but a small hitch is that the cars comes with 20 litres they claim(actually will be around 15L) and they give 25 litres coupon.

5. Underchasis coating was given free. But this is cheating as the car itself comes with underchasis coating so i fought and got another 30 litres coupon for diesel.

Last Updated: 09-Apr, 2011 09:53 PM, by fabia.info

#208 10-Apr, 2011 06:46 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

Dear All Fabia owners,

I am facing an issue in my Fabia. Please let me know if any of you have encountered this and the solution to this.
Issue : While running in 1500-1600 RPM in 3rd or 4th gear there is a rattle (Metal) in the front left side. It is audible only at this RPM and 3/4 gear and i tried to reproduce this continuosly yeaterday and after that was not able to. Again today the same thing resurfaced. Seems some parts rubbing against each other. Infact it started when i went on a long journey where there were frequent slowing down and increasing speed.

#209 10-Apr, 2011 07:46 PM
Jay
Driven
Joined Date: 10 Apr 2011

I am also facing the same issue - the only difference is I hear this sound even in 1st and 2nd gear (3rd, 4th too) when the rpm reaches approx 2000 (above 1500). I am having Fabia 1.2 TCI elegance purchased in March 2011. What I observed is this rattle (something similar to a metal vibration) from front left is not much noticeable when the engine is just started and not heated up enough.  I tried hard to identify from where this is coming but not able find out yet, thinking of approaching service center now.

#210 10-Apr, 2011 11:03 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ Jay & fabia.info,

I haven't experinced any such prioblem with my Fabia 1.2 TDI, in my almost 10k kms of running.. I think, the cars you both own are Petrol ones.. Hence, I don't expect anybody over here to be able to elaborate something on your problem, as the thread is precisely regarding Fabia 1.2 TDI & many of the owners of Diesel vehicle can hardly understand such technical issue with a petrol car...

Anyhow, with whatever little knowledge I have, I think the sound could be related to the 'Noise of the Valves'... and you better get it clarified with the authorized service station... 

Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 (8 AM - 9 PM) Toll free