Identifying your location...

Are you from Mumbai?

Yes No

Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Stock speaker sizes for Indian cars and upgrade recommendations.

#111 06-Dec, 2010 08:11 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer
Joined Date: 08 Jul 2010

Any good installer will be able to wire the amplifier easily.

The amplifier has 3 sets pf terminals:

Power Terminals : 3 terminals in this case :

+12V : Power cable from battery which has a fuse just inches from the battery goes to this terminal.

0V/GND: Ground cable from a point on the car chassis usually under the rear seats goes to this terminal.

REM/Remote: Thin cable from behind the Head Unit goes to this terminal. Makes sure your amplifier turns on only when you turn on the head unit.

RCA : A 4 channel amplifier will have 4 of these. 2 White and 2 Red. RCA cables from behind the Head Unit are connected here. These bring the audio signals from the head unit to the amplifier.

Speaker Terminals : Speaker wires from the speakers or from the cross-over if you have component speakers are connected here. + - + -

+ - + - or maybe some other pattern.

If you bridge the rear channel of the amplifier to run a sub-woofer,  then left-most +ve and right most -ve i.e. using 2 channels as a single channel is used for giving more power to the subwoofer.

Always ensure that the power cable from the battery and the RCA cables from the head unit never run alongside each other and are routed from opposite sides of the car. Keep the ground cable as short as possible and ensure that all wires are of good quality.

A seat belt or a helmet can give you the chance of seeing your family again. DRIVE SAFE !!
0 members liked this post

#112 06-Dec, 2010 08:20 PM
Dhanapal
Driven
Joined Date: 18 Nov 2010

@ Karan : Nice..where did u learn all these dude, im sure this is not your professionCool.. I came to know that Car audio is an ocean and we all are just swimmers only after researching for my car ausio..he he he.

karan im confused with the Head Unit, some dealers says Pioneer 4190 and 5190 are not DVD playes. is it?

Someone advised me to go for Kenwood, do you know any DVD models in Kenwood or JVC??

#113 06-Dec, 2010 08:53 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Well dude I can assure you this is not rocket science yaar. I have managed to learn most of the things from internet and forums such as Team-BHP, diymobileaudio etc. over the past 7 months. Yes my branch of engineering i.e. Electronics does help me understand the technical part better but trust me .. the best instrument or judge of good audio whether car or home are your EARS. 

But yes the world of car audio is vast and numerous stuff that even I have to learn before I can take it up as a profession which I plan to one day.

5190 is not a DVD unit which I and Joes have used. 4190 does support video playback but I think the dealers do not stock it much since most prefer touch screen based 2-din system.

For pioneer you can check out http://www.pioneer-india.in/productlist.aspx?id=4 for audio

and http://www.pioneer-india.in/productlist.aspx?id=3 for video.

JVC makes good head units for video playback. AVX-44 and AVX-77 are one of the best around and AVX 7100 is the touch screen model where the screen flips out of the dash.

You can check out http://www.jvc.co.in/product_car_avc.htm for the same.

Kenwood has the 7013 which in my opinion is the best sound quality oriented head unit below 15k around. Should cost you about 12k but not sure. This head unit has everything and every feature that a true audio enthusiast can ask for at this price in INDIA available officially. Pioneer P80RS etc can be imported and will cost 12k or so but in market cost 20k. Kenwood 7013 is the most VFM sound quality head unit around in the market officially. you can check out http://india.kenwood.com/products/car/1din/index.html for details but mind you , this unit and the advanced features need a really good and expert installer to work with. Emperor Car audio in cochin if I am not mistaken and EVO in bangalore are the two people who can easily tune this. Not sure about your city.

Not too sure of Kenwood video units. If you wan to get a DVD unit then JVC is better priced but Pioneer is the easiest to use and tune according to taste.

EDIT: ICE installers in Chennai

POWER ZONE

Contact Information

-Address: #9 Jani Batcha Street Pudupakkam Royapettah Chennai -600014

-Landmark: 
1. Enter Pycrofts Road after crossing Clock Tower
2. Watch out for Raja Tires on left side.
3. Take left after Raja Tires
4. Enter narrow road. Need to take second left on this road. An orange building on the left side would be the clue to take the second left.
5. Power Zone is the third shop on the right side. Will come after a body shop on the right side.

-Mobile: 98415 34934

-Contact Person: Saravana Prabhu

A seat belt or a helmet can give you the chance of seeing your family again. DRIVE SAFE !!
Last Updated: 06-Dec, 2010 09:04 PM, by karan3399

#114 06-Dec, 2010 09:06 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Hope it helps Dhanapal. I suggest you go to PowerZone or other installers that you may know of before you get your car and decide on a budget and the equipment. Ensure that your maruti dealer does not charge you for any audio equipment.

#115 06-Dec, 2010 09:27 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

I called up the Power zone guy now, he said to me the below configuration

Kenwood 5343U: 12,250

Kicker Front comp: 5200

Kicker rear: 2800

Auditor Sub: 7500

Sub Rockford Fosgate : 5000(incl enclosure)

Scoche wiring :1400

He said that he has closed the shop and he asked me to call or come tomo to his shop so that he can give me the best configuration.He was telling that Kicker, rockford,street wires are the genuine Pure Copper wires and its priced at 6500 ( OMG!!!). Where did you get his contact karan, is he a trusted guy??

#116 06-Dec, 2010 09:41 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Got his contact from another forum and I have seen his work being documented so I guess he is a good and professional worker.

I would say since you are making a system from scratch unlike Joes who already had a head unit, I would say spend more on the head unit and get the 7013. It's a one time expenditure with good head units. See your speakers will reproduce only what it given to them by the head unit. A good head unit is like the heart of the system.

Rockford Sub is awesome for it's price. Stick to that. Get an Auditor or JBL or Kenwood 4 channel amplifier.

Kicker as a company makes only SPL products i.e. they are meant to go loud but doing that they really sacrifice the sound quality. Get a set of better components than kicker like JL Audio or Infinity or Rockford, Alpine etc. If you must spend on a video system then it is your choice but a really good audio setup will more than make up for the lack of video.

If you have the budget then get a really good audio setup. Kicker rear speaker is ok if you run them off the head unit initially. He is right about the wiring part. Pure OFC (Oxygen-Free-Copper) wires are really costly specially in India. I myself have spent a lot on Scosche and JBL wiring kit and am in the process of getting a Kicker wiring kit for the mono-amp but giving an amplifier the required power from the battery gives you the best output. It's like having to work on an empty stomach and working after a good hearty breakfast in morning. You can make out which give better output.

#117 06-Dec, 2010 09:51 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

Hmmm..let me go to his shop directly so that i can get a better idea. As you advised ill go with your configuration

Kenwood Hu 7013( any idea about the cost)

Infinity Comp and rear co axial

Auditor amp

Rockford Fosgate sub

Hope this should come under 30 to 32k, coz i have to spend extra for Sunfils, remote, horn and haleogen 100/90 bulbs...My Mom and my wife are gonna Beat meeeeeeee....Wink

#118 06-Dec, 2010 10:15 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

I am not sure about the price in Chennai. I was getting the same set here for 11k but through a friend who knows the dealer.

I would say to go for Rockford than the Infinity components. I have used them in my Verna and now in my i10. They are a better suited for sedans with bigger cabin space since these are a tad bit sharp.

I suggested these to Joes keeping in mind that heis setup was to be in a sedan. A lot of my friends find Infinity just perfect while I find them a bit sharp in some songs but seeing what ever was available to me and my lack of knowledge when I got them, I would still rate them value for money.

Focal Access is another good option. I cannot be sure about the final budget but I expect it should fall below 35K. PowerZone can help you decide an exact configuration for your budget as I am not sure about the price over there.

But be ready to over shoot your budget if it comes to that. If it comes to a compromise then save the money on the rear speakers and get them later on.

Do let me know what configuration you get. I am still not able to justify the cost of my setup to my mom but since i got a really good setup for dad's car, he does not mind much rather enjoys the setup a lot.

Last Updated: 06-Dec, 2010 10:18 PM, by karan3399

#119 07-Dec, 2010 05:12 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

Hi Karan,

I went to Power zone and met Saravana Prabhu..Oh boy he is a Professional Installer and had a great knowledge about Car Audio.

I said our configuration,

Pioneer/Kenwood Head Unit

Infinity Component 6030c

Infinity Rear Speakers

JBL GT5-644 4 ch amp

Rockford Fosgate Sub

He asked me my taste whethere im into Sound quality or blast kind of sound.I said i want Blask kind of sound but no compromise on sound quality and clarity. He was happy with the above Configuration.

The changes he asked me to do is to go for a Pioneer 4 ch amp. Reg HU,he advised me to go for Pioneer 5250(cd with usb) player or equivalent in Kenwood. he feels DVD is not required. He asked me to go for Auditor Amp and Sub if i can stretch my Budget a bit.

He asked me to get my car damped,he suggested Dynamat Damping material which costs 1800 bucks/sheet( need 2 sheets for damping the Front)...he also had an UK  brand damping material which is 1200 per sheet.

He said the rates at which i buy the audio is very good.so he asked to get the audio components from my dealer and he will install it for me. he charges 1800 for audio system alone, 2200 for audio and damping..

I am confused here, tht dealer said he will do it for me free of cost, should i spend extra 2.2k here.

#120 07-Dec, 2010 05:35 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

His charges are high but then he will do the most professional install possible. It is up yo you to decide because in the end it is the sound that matters. PowerZone will do it the best way possible surely but I cannot say anything about the dealer.

As for the amplifier, stick with JBL or if you can stretch the budget then go for Auditor. Pioneer amplifiers have some what lost the plot with new models. I don't think they will give you the right amount of quality you need with a full blast setup.

Damping is really well priced I must say. Ask PowerZone about NoiseKill. He has done it in a fiesta sometime back but not sure if he keeps it in stock as it is available in Bombay.

Dynamat is well priced and trust me you will not find a better damping than this. If you can accomodate this in your budget then do go for it. You car door will feel like a tank with just one sheet. The other one he mentioned should also be good.

The head unit is the part I am not satisfied with. Not sure if the 5250 has 3 pre-out required. Strange that the 5190 is out of stock when it was a really good head unit. The newer 5290 has half the features than 5190 has.

Here's what I would suggest. Keep the basic pioneer head units as the last option. Kenwood is a good option but I really don't know much about many of them except the 7013. Wait for the JBL head units to hit the market. There will be 2 models with 3 pre outs supporting all types of USB and memory cards and really nice features. The models will be different in terms of lack of CD playback in the lower model but both will support USB, iPod, SD Cards etc. 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=162165577157949&set=a.100475096660331.118.100342483340259

Please do check out the above link.

#121 07-Dec, 2010 06:38 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

Hi Karan,

Im also confused about the head unit part. i tried 5190 almost everywhere in chennai but the reply what i get is the same..5250 has 3 pre-outs and everyone says that this is a good one. have to check about Kenworrd with power zone guys. he asked me to book appointment 2 days in prior...

I am thinking to install the audio by the dealer and get the damping done at Power zone...what say?

#122 07-Dec, 2010 06:42 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

I cannot wait long for JBL as im getting my car day after tomo...do you have any idea when it is said to hit the market.

i did chk with him about noise kill, but he says that the quality of noise kill has reduced and there are many duplicates available in the market.

Head unit my dear head unit,,,where are you????

#123 07-Dec, 2010 06:48 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

Do you own a Kenwood X7013U????

#124 07-Dec, 2010 06:57 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Yup the 5250 does have 3 pre-out. I just realized that it is the same one on a relative's car. Sorry for the confusion.

Keep this as the last option if don't find anything better. Try the 7150 as well or the 7290 or something like that.  Not sure about the JBL head units. Called up a friend who is the dealer for JBL and he informed me that all distributors are receiving the stock by saturday and dealers will get them next week.

My preference in decreasing order would be :

Kenwood 7013 ~ amazing for it's price. Try PowerZone

JBL GT-X555

Pioneer 7150/5190

Pioneer 5250

Your other options can be the 6050UB from pioneer which is a double din but has only 2 pre-outs which means you can control the front and Rear or Front and Sub.

I would say save the money on the installation and use that for getting a good head unit. It will be a one time expense with the head unit and will serve you long. We mostly upgrade the speakers or the woofer but usually the head unit remains the same.

7013 is the pick of the lot with awesome sound. You will have detailed sound even if you play at full volume and It won't be a bad deal if you save money on the rear speakers and get lower models of JBL since rear speakers are going to be run from the head unit and not the amplifier and you will not notice the difference between the infinity or JBL or any other brand. You canuse that for the head unit or damping.

JBL will be slightly a balance between the Kenwood and Pioneer and since you know the dealer, you may even get discount on it.

NoiseKill is really good. I buy it straight from the source so the quality is really good for the price it comes for.

#125 07-Dec, 2010 06:57 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

i called up the Power zone guy, he says that Kenwood X7013 is very good system and we can go for that if you need a pure clarity sound system. Since im into a boom boom effect, a kind of blast effect he says go for Pioneer 5250 and dont have any second thought..Cool

#126 07-Dec, 2010 06:59 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

In that case you can go ahead with 5250 or wait for the JBL (get it at less price from the dealer). 7013 is an all rounder which can give you both type of sound but since you are looking for the 'boom' sound, it does not make that much sense.

#127 07-Dec, 2010 07:02 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

I installed a 7013 in a fiend's setup with front components and 2 subs. It really impressed me and I had decided to buy it for my father's setup as well. At the last moment I got a good deal on a Pioneer P80RS which retails in india for about 20K so went with that. 

I would still rate the 7013 higher considering the official price and features.

#128 07-Dec, 2010 07:07 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

I guess you should choose between the 5250 or the JBL head if you can wait. JBL head will still be a different and uncommon for some time.

Rest of the equipment remains unchanged I suppose.

Get your dealer to do the installation.

Get damping done from PowerZone. If possible then buy the head unit from PowerZone. Make a good repo with him since I think he is the best in Chennai in my knowledge and will help you with future installs and upgrades and damping as well.

#129 07-Dec, 2010 07:41 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

Hi Karan,

can you bring out the difference between Pioneer 5250 and 5290Wink

#130 07-Dec, 2010 08:01 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

Ya thats my idea..My dealer does not have the damping material, so will get the damping material and get it damped in Power zone. So that he can also look at the ausio set up also, also provide advise on future upgrades..

i dont actually mind paying him 2200 for installation, but i have to skip my dealer installation. Power zone guy is only into audio. so i have to install sun film, remote locking, horn and head lamps outside...so it will cost me extra to get these installed outside,,,

#131 07-Dec, 2010 08:14 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

I have a feeling that the 5250 and 5290 are the same except the numbers are different for different markets. Their images on google are identical. 5290 seems to be the India and Asia model and 5250 seems like the Australian model.

I may be wrong about the market these are intended for but they are the same. Pioneer does have different model numbers for the same unit.

My P80RS is the Asian model while the P800RS is the American version but exactly the same.

#132 09-Dec, 2010 03:13 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

hey dhanapal ... got your swift yet ????

#133 10-Dec, 2010 03:30 PM
Satish
Long-termer
Joined Date: 11 Sep 2010

Hi,

Can someone tell me the options of configuration i can do in my I20 Asta Model. speaker/sub/woofers. I would like to change the stock speakers. Please give me a list of options that i can go for? Budget 10K. But if it extends i can manage.

Not looking for parcel tray fittings. Just in the doors. Besides can some one tell what is the watts that come in I20 stock speakers?

i20 1.2L Asta Dark Grey(owned and driving...), Honda City(S) Black (Driven), Hyundai i10 Blue (Driven), Ford Fusion Beige (Driven - Sold), Hyundai Santro Dark Green (Driven - Sold), Maruti Alto Cool Silver (Driven - Sold)
Last Updated: 10-Dec, 2010 03:33 PM, by Ignitor2k7

#134 10-Dec, 2010 05:45 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Hi ignitor

The Asta comes with a stock music system which I suppose you are going to use. For 10k look at a set of components in front and co-axial in the rear door. JBL GT5 or GT6 should land up anywhere between 7k to 8k but you need to confirm the prices in your city.

A Rockford set should cost about 1k more. 

These are not very powerful speakers. But will serve your purpose well as these are meant to run from a head unit or a small amplifier. I suggest JBL in your case since they are suitable to tun from the head unit. Spend some on the damping of the doors and you're good to go.

The stock speakers can be anywhere from 20W to 40W depending on the power of the amplifier in the head unit. 

#135 13-Dec, 2010 01:42 PM
Dhanapal
Driven
Hi Karan, SOrry was busy the entire week end. Yes got my Swift delivered and its Awsome.

#136 13-Dec, 2010 02:16 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

My car was supposed to be delivered on Thursday, but there was some address conflict in Form 20 due to which my vehicle did not go for registration.

Finally got it delivered on friday. saturday i covered almost all temples in chennai as per my moms wish Wink

Installed my ICE on sunday at Power zone. Saravana Prabhu, the guy who installed was very technical and had an in-depth about car audio. He charged 1800rs per installation and an appointment one day before.

He is going to install an audio system this week worth 3.75 lakhs..Oh my God..he said he will call me during installation. i will send my car photos soon. have some work officially as i was not available for 5 days.

#137 13-Dec, 2010 03:41 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

By the way forgot to tell you about the Music system, it is blasting like anything.

Head Unit : Pioneer 5250( Amazing Head Unit)

Front Component : Infinity 6030c

Rear : Infinity speakers 631

Amp : JBL GT5 644

Sub : JBL CS 1204

Wiring kit: Scoche

Guys is anyone wants to go for a good audio system for Swift with blasting Effect, please go for the above configuration. i swear it will kill you. I am ruling the roas now, Everyone's eyes is on my car, as i drive this Little Beast on road. such a nice experience and guys trust me you will feel proud

#138 13-Dec, 2010 06:37 PM
Satish
Long-termer

Posted by karan3399

Hi ignitor

The Asta comes with a stock music system which I suppose you are going to use. For 10k look at a set of components in front and co-axial in the rear door. JBL GT5 or GT6 should land up anywhere between 7k to 8k but you need to confirm the prices in your city.

A Rockford set should cost about 1k more.

These are not very powerful speakers. But will serve your purpose well as these are meant to run from a head unit or a small amplifier. I suggest JBL in your case since they are suitable to tun from the head unit. Spend some on the damping of the doors and you're good to go.

The stock speakers can be anywhere from 20W to 40W depending on the power of the amplifier in the head unit.

Karan,

got the following quote for the setup in my I20,

Hi-lo Converter(scoosh) - 3000/-
JBL Components with tweeters front - 5500/- approx
MTX Components rear - 5000/-
SUB Box for 12"- 1100/-
SUB 12" options -
         JBL - 2800/-
         Sony - 3500/-
         Pioneer - 3200/-
Amplifier options
         Kenwood - 4200/-
         JBL - 4000/- to 4500/-
AMP Kit - 650/-

Free fitting

Free damping pad if required.
Please let me know which option to go for on SUB and Amp. Also tell me about MTX. are those reliable? MTX or JBL?

i20 1.2L Asta Dark Grey(owned and driving...), Honda City(S) Black (Driven), Hyundai i10 Blue (Driven), Ford Fusion Beige (Driven - Sold), Hyundai Santro Dark Green (Driven - Sold), Maruti Alto Cool Silver (Driven - Sold)

#139 13-Dec, 2010 07:13 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

@ignitor : where did yu get this quatation from???

#140 13-Dec, 2010 07:16 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Hi Dhanapal

Congrats on getting your new car and the awesome setup as well. Glad to know you are enjoying it so much. It's only going to get better as the speakers and woofer break in.

You can upgrade to a mono amp in the future to complete your setup but for now enjoy the bass and the attention. Do damp the doors when possible. 

I think we need a separate thread on this forum for showcasing the setup we get in our cars with pictures, place of installation and price of equipment. Can be good help to others as well.

#141 13-Dec, 2010 07:17 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

Sub and Amplifier i would recommend JBL its a VFM. i have it installed in my Swift and the output is amazing. but make sure that you get these installed by professionals.

Damping is a Must, ask them to use Dynamat damping material. It will cost you 1800 per sheet. but its worth.

#142 13-Dec, 2010 07:20 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

@karan : sure ill upload the photos. I was very exited on takin my car delivered i forgot to put my camera on charge. i was able to take only less photos, but ill upload them.

#143 13-Dec, 2010 07:31 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Hi ignitor

The prices seem good though the JBL amplifier prices seem to be gray market prices but I could be wrong. Please ensure you are getting genuine products with warranty to be safe.

Kenwood price also seems to be gray market but less fakes around of Kenwood.

JBL components are priced right. Please share the model if possible.

I would choose the JBL woofer over the others but an original one. 2800 seems to be the price of the CS1215 if I am not mistaken.

Pioneer is also good but not as musical as JBL.

Scosche converter is priced well. Very nice product for those who wish to retain the stock system.

Free damping !!!! Wish we were so lucky. Please ensure that you are getting reasonable quality of damping even if you have to pay for it. Raw sticky butyl rubber should be avoided.

You can get JBL rear speakers for lesser price since these won't be used with the amplifier. MTX are power hungry speakers so no point in buying them if you will not use them properly.

Both MTX and JBL are reliable and popular brands. I am using a 650W MTX mono-amp for my woofer. MTX makes really good amps and sub-woofers. Their mono-amps are pure power houses and valure for money for sure and run a subwoofer hard.

MTX products are SPL or boom or loud kind of setup oriented with really good power in them. These are not SQ or musical oriented as JBL or Kenwood are.

#144 13-Dec, 2010 10:03 PM
Satish
Long-termer

Hi Karan,

Can u let me know the approx price for things mentioned in that way i can be aware that i am billed correctly. also is there anyway to differentiate between fake/grey market and the original/genuine one?

those guys were doing the setup for Laura and city when i was checking out the shop. so i wonder they do it professionally.

Dhanaz,

i got this from a shop in anna nagar, once i get the final quote, i will let u know the details. please list your breakdown expense for the setup.

#145 13-Dec, 2010 10:09 PM
Satish
Long-termer

Posted by karan3399

MTX products are SPL or boom or loud kind of setup oriented with really good power in them. These are not SQ or musical oriented as JBL or Kenwood are.

could you tell me more on that. What is SPL, SQ?

#146 13-Dec, 2010 10:42 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Well I cannot really tell you the exact prices as even I do not know them. They are different for each city or state depending on state tax etc. so only the dealers can confirm them.

As for genuine products well they always carry the warranty card and purchased with a bill. The bill and warranty card is stamped with the dealer's seal or signed by him.

Try to look up the dealer/distributor of the concerned brand on it's India website. Good reputed installers like PowerZone and Technocrat will always have genuine products.

SQ : Sound Quality. SQ systems require a lot of research before buying the equipment and fine tuning which can take hours or even days to get the perfect sound for your taste. The vocal and instruments which are the high and mid frequencies and low frequencies that is the bass sound as if coming together and with proper clarity and detail. They system may not be loud but will sure be clear and expensive as hell if you want to but even a 30K system can be a SQ as I have installed in my father's car.

SQL : Sound Quality Loudness/Level : The bass is slightly more dominant in this system. More round off and suitable for almost all type of music. Can be equally expensive as SQ systems.

SPL: Sound Pressure Level. The bass is the centre of the system. It can be made by 4 sony woofer or even a single 15" woofer. The goal is to be loud enough to be heard outside your car. No end to SPL and can be as expensive or even more than SQ. The electrical system needs to be really good and often upgraded for the huge amounts of power.

But to be honest, SQ, SPL, SQL are really too technical or vague to be explained.

Music anywhere should sound good to your ears regardless of how much you have spent on the system or which brand you are using. If you and your ears are happy than no need to worry about what SQ, SPL etc define.

#147 14-Dec, 2010 07:44 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

@Ignitor: My configuration is as below

Pioneer Head Unit 5250: 6800

Infinity Component 6030C : 4900

Infinity Rear loud speakers 631 : 4000

Jbl GT5 644 4 ch Amp : 5800

Jbl CS1204 Sub : 3850

Scoche wiring kit : 1200

Apart from above installation charges at Power zone,

Labour  : 1800 (If damping 2200)

Harness, spacers, etc : 1800 rs

harness is done so that they do not disturn your original wiring....

#148 14-Dec, 2010 07:45 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

The above price is dealers orice, you will not get it outside or in any authorised audio shop.

#149 14-Dec, 2010 07:49 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

How can we upload photos???? i dont find any option

#150 15-Dec, 2010 07:44 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

I think you should upload the pics on photobucket or imageshack and paste the links here

#151 17-Dec, 2010 01:39 PM
Darrylsaladino
New Arrival
Joined Date: 17 Dec 2010

It looks like a component setup but not sure.I want to replace with all jl audio with a rockford fosgate signal processor to hook to the factory head unit.

http://www.downloadvlcplayer.net

Last Updated: 17-Dec, 2010 01:40 PM, by darrylsaladino

#152 17-Dec, 2010 08:58 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Darry can you please elaborate a bit. Your plan seems really nice but unclear.

Which car, current setup, planned setup etc would be helpful.

#153 17-Dec, 2010 09:01 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Dhanapal any luck with the pics ?

#154 29-Dec, 2010 08:07 PM
Dhanapal
Driven

Hi karan,

I am currently travelling on an official assignment. i did not try the options as im squeezed here and having very less time to breathe. ill upload it once i come back to chennai. if nothing is workin ill upload it in picassa.

#155 29-Dec, 2010 08:29 PM
Karan Bhatia
Long-termer

Hi Dhanapal

Nice to hear from you again. No worries about the pictures. Going to start a new thread for showcasing the setups we all have. Will be good for other members to see the costs and get small reviews about various equipments.

Even I had little time because of my exams. Going to upgrade the i10's system tomorrow hopefully.

#156 27-Jun, 2011 11:59 PM
Rajesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jun 2011

Dear CarWale Friends,

Greetings of the Day!

After owning a car for the last 4 years with a basic ICE setup given as a freebie by dealer, the ICE bug has finally bitten me. So I have been driven here to get your Sweet & Sound advice!

Car - Santro Xing

Present System - Basic Sony Xplod HU &  speakers in stock position (Not sure of the model numbers)

My preferences in the new setup:

a) Have a taste for clear, sweet and punchy music. not inclined  towards boomy/loud music

b) Mostly I will be driving the car and parents would be seated in the rear who may not appreciate       heavy sound from the rear. (so woofer ruled out I believe!) 

c) Considering HU outlives the car itself - like to get one with most of the features.

CD & USB support (possibly rear USB), parametric equalizer, HPF/LPF,2/3 preouts, variable

colour illumination other sound setting adjustments.

d) At this point of time, I'm looking at a starting budget of 10K to 15K and maybe later expand         the system.

So considering I request you friends to suggest good HU and front & rear speakers.

Alsoplease clarify,

1) whether can go for components for the front as I drive mostly and leave the existing rear

speakers for now

2) whether Amplifer is necessary for the setup to be proposed.

Based on your inputs planning to go for a HU & Speaker search this weekend. 

Appreciate all you suggeestions!

#157 11-Jul, 2012 11:19 PM
Sus_Arya21
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Jun 2012

Hi guys...

I am sorry for posting my question in this thread..!

I want to buy a oval speaker for my indigo cs.

my current setup is :

factory fitted clarion hu ,

dash speakers ,

sony xplod coaxial speakers at parcel tray which i ll shift to front doors and fit the ovals in rear parcel tray...

my budget is of max 4k.

where can i get it cheaper either in mumbai or pune?

plz suggest me a great oval speaker fitting in my stiff budget.

thanx to all...

#158 03-Jun, 2013 07:40 PM
Haresh Jethwani
New Arrival
Joined Date: 03 Jun 2013

Posted by Sushant_21

Hi guys...

I am sorry for posting my question in this thread..!

I want to buy a oval speaker for my indigo cs.

my current setup is :

factory fitted clarion hu ,

dash speakers ,

sony xplod coaxial speakers at parcel tray which i ll shift to front doors and fit the ovals in rear parcel tray...

my budget is of max 4k.

where can i get it cheaper either in mumbai or pune?

plz suggest me a great oval speaker fitting in my stiff budget.

thanx to all...

You can have a look at infinity primus series oval speakers should cost around 4k else have a look at ground zero iridium series around the same budget.

Cheaper options are jbl,pioneer,etc.

#159 30-Jun, 2013 11:19 AM
Santosh
Road-tested
Joined Date: 01 Dec 2011

Hi Guys,

I own a skoda fabia and when i bought this car it came with 2 speakers and 2 tweeters in the front, the dealer fixe a JBL CS-6 or CS-5 for the rear doors, though  this was fixed the people in the back complained that the sound quality in the back is not upt o the mak but for the sound quality in the front was of top notch.

So i thought why not get a good tweeter fixed for the rear so when i went to JC road in bangalore one of the audio guy pened the system and said this actually support the front speakers and the rear speakers were crimpped and fixed to the exsiting ones which i was shocked, he also said there is no point putting tweeters so now i am thinking about the following and need your help.

1) Exchange the old head unit for some 2 din touch screen system and get a JBL componet speakers for the rear seciton - can anyone direct me on a good head unit, component speaker(model and price) and

a)how much can i expect for the old head unit and JBL speakers my budget for new HU and rear component speakers is about 20K or less,

b) The component speaker usually has a crossover and then a tweeter, so where is the tweeter connected(Where is it usually placed) if i am doing it for the rear of my car.

2) I was going through few sites and came across an amplifier whcih takes a 2 channel input and converts to 4 channel which is also a good idea but wanted to know if any one has tried this out.2 channel to 4 channel split system : http://www.scosche.com/car-stereo-output-converter

The exisiting system is a skoda 'BEAT' audio system, Model : 5JD035152 9B9

Suggestion and welcome and will be of great help for me in deciding.

------------------- Santosh maruti 800,hyundai santro,skoda fabia

#160 14-Nov, 2013 04:47 PM
Rohit
Road-tested
Joined Date: 25 Jun 2012

I have a budget of 7K for my Mahindra Quanto.  Please tell me which HU and speakers should I go with.  I have Pioneer 169UI for 3200/- in mind as I don't need HU with CD.  But I am not aware which speakers should I go within the rest of the budget of 4K.

http://pioneer-india.in/shop/mvh-x169ui/

I am living in Delhi.

#161 13-Jul, 2014 06:22 PM
Dr Suvadip
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Jul 2014

Could you please suggest an audio update in the new hondacity VMT diesel??????

#162 16-Jul, 2014 01:41 PM
Jay
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Jul 2014

Hi  All, I am novice to Car and ICE both.  Will you please suggest a decent audio system i.e. head unit and pair of speakers for front and rear door.

1. Budget 10 to 15 K

2. Bollywood songs

3. I don't want to install speakers in parcel tray.

4. Do not want to install sony speakers/ HU

Thanks & Regards,

#163 26-Dec, 2014 07:00 PM
N.Anikethan M.H.Nagaraju
New Arrival
Joined Date: 26 Dec 2014

Hi

Recently we have bought 2014 toyota etios liva VD. it came with audio system and four speakers, two at dash and two at front doors.

now i am planning to add a pair of speakers to the parcel tray.  Can we dirctly hook the speakers to the existing audio system. is there any slots..? how do this job...?

Regards,

anikethan

#164 13-Nov, 2015 08:13 PM
Bony Sebastian
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Nov 2015
I want to install music system in my bolero sle. Am going to buy it from otside.please tell me the depth of the door. Because i want to buy good speakers for the front door.

#165 09-Jul, 2016 08:08 AM
Anmol
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Oct 2008

Hi  Can you suggest a good upgrade for VW Vento audio. I dont want to change HU.

Only speakers and may be add woofer or amp

I drive home in Volkswagen Vento TSI >>

#166 09-Jul, 2016 10:34 PM
Anmol
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Oct 2008

Hi, I am getting my VW Vento on Friday 15th July and am looking to replace OEM speakers with components.

Overall budget approx 22000. Wont change the Head Unit. Pls suggest. I already have Soxy explode woofer from old car which I can use.

I drive home in Volkswagen Vento TSI >>

Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 (8 AM - 9 PM) Toll free