Identifying your location...

Are you from Mumbai?

Yes No

Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Achtung baby!! Corsa is a capable car - Opel Corsa User Review

Pages : 1234567891011
#71 29-Jun, 2009 01:07 AM
Pravin
Driven
Joined Date: 0
Yes, the engine and the entire bonnet does get hot very fast in the Corsa. However, the temperature gauge should not go beyong the half-way mark during normal operation. In fact it will mostly be at the 1/4th position and in hard driving conditions, it will come upto half-way. Seldom does it go beyond that level. Keep an eye out for it.

0 members liked this post

#72 29-Jun, 2009 05:51 PM
anonymous
Rajesh Kanniappan
New Arrival
Thanks pravin, i will check for the indicator in temperature panel. BTW, how much can i pay for a 2000 Model 1.6GSI , 44k run ,single owner and the vehicle seems to be in a good condition.

#73 29-Jun, 2009 06:08 PM
Pravin
Driven
Hi Rajesh, I am not sure about the price, but carwale quotes in the range of 1.25 - 1.5 L. Since it is seems to be a well-maintained car, a premium of 15-20% may not be unreasonable. But as always it would make sense to negotiate hard... All the best, Pravin

#74 08-Jul, 2009 12:59 PM
anonymous
Kalyan
New Arrival
hi there, i am form chennai, i won a corsa 1.4 gls 2000 model.I want to know where can i get the spare parts in chennai and i want to customize my car any suggestions, pls

#75 15-Jul, 2009 09:38 PM
Manoj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Jul 2009
Can any body send me invoice of 2003 opel corsa 1.4 gsi model I need a copy of it to pay road tax at Bangalore

#76 15-Jul, 2009 10:20 PM
Pravin
Driven
Manoj, Do you mean the ex-showroom price? Mine is a 2004 model 1.4GSi. Its ex-showroom price was Rs 5.05 Lakhs

#77 20-Aug, 2009 12:51 PM
anonymous
Vijai Venkat
New Arrival
I would like to buy Corsa 1.4 gsi , Price coted as 1.5 lalhs , How about service spares kindly suggest

#78 20-Aug, 2009 01:24 PM
Pravin
Driven
Vijai, Authorized GM service centers still do service for all Opel vehicles, including Corsa. No problems there. Spares are also available, at least in Bangalore. I am not sure about Coimbatore. If you go through the GM service center, you should not face any problems. Just be aware that service and spares may be a little more expensive than your regular Maruti or Hyundai service and spares.

#79 20-Aug, 2009 04:22 PM
anonymous
Manish
New Arrival
Can someone help me knowing the name & contact numbers of genuine spare parts’ dealer/retailers for Opel Corsa 1.4 Gsi in Delhi/Faridabad/Gurgaon. I am struggling to get the replacement for cut-off of the alternator, which has conked off recently and car has been parked in a garage. Conk

#80 26-Aug, 2009 03:16 PM
anonymous
Parameswaran P C
New Arrival
Hi there, I am from Kerala. I am planning to buy a 2001 model, black colour, Corsa Royale, 50500 kms done. The owner is asking a price of Rs.180,000/=. I wish to know whether the asking price is reasonable or not. And also, please comment about the performance of Corsa Royale. Is it a good car? Is the maintenance costs are too high. Can I convert it to Gas?

#81 26-Aug, 2009 03:21 PM
anonymous
Parameswaran P C
New Arrival
Parameswaran P C I am from Kerala. I am planning to buy a 2001 model, black colour, Corsa Royale, 50500 kms done. The owner is asking a price of Rs.180,000/=. I wish to know whether the asking price is reasonable or not. And also, please comment about the performance of Corsa Royale. Is it a good car? Is the maintenance costs are too high. Can I convert it to Gas?

#82 30-Sep, 2009 12:47 AM
anonymous
Vikrant
New Arrival
Hi Praveen, 1st I appreciate ur knowledge about corsa. Actually I've also come across a deal of Opel Corsa(2000yr(1.4l GLS)-65000km run,1.25lacs)belonging to a decent guy who is the 2nd owner but the paper is still in te 1st owner'name. Actually am a new car enthusiast. So please help me to decide if its safe to buy car while the paper is still on 1st owner's name?? Also when today when I went 2 c car while he was in office but the car couldn't start but he is saying battery is new.Vikrant

#83 30-Sep, 2009 04:02 PM
Pravin
Driven
Hi Vikrant, If I were you, I would stay away from this. Firstly, the person whom you met does not legally own the car! How can you then "buy" it from him? Secondly, the car is not even starting. A good new battery should only make the car start quickly. So my suggestion is to give this one a pass. All the best, Pravin

#84 30-Sep, 2009 04:10 PM
Pravin
Driven
Hello Parameswaran, Apologize for the really late reply. I was away from carwale.com for a while. Going by the used car value from carwale.com, 1.8L seems slightly on the higher side. you may want to negotiate a bit there, considering that the car is already 8+ years old. By the way, I am not sure if the Royale variant was even there in 2001. If I remember, it was introduced only in 2004. you may also want to check that with the owner. All the best, Pravin

#85 30-Sep, 2009 05:14 PM
anonymous
Vikrant
New Arrival
Hi Praveen, Thanks for ur guidence buddy. I've dropped the idea of this car.In morning when I went with my friend who is a automobile expert. He also found out even colour was repainted. Thanks f ur help.. Take care..

#86 12-Oct, 2009 08:37 AM
anonymous
Prakash Ganesan
New Arrival
Hi Pravin, Iam planning to buy a 2004 Opel corsa which has run only 30000 kms. The owner quotes 1.5L. It has leather seats and music system and drive was excellent. The owner says that it will give a mileage of 15Km/l. I hope he meant the highway miles. Could you please advise me whether I can proceed with tis deal? Thanks and Regards Prakash

#87 12-Oct, 2009 10:25 AM
Pravin
Driven
Prakash, In my experience, I get consistently 9-10 kmpl in the city (Bangalore) and 14-15 kmpl on highways. Before buying the car, it would be advisable to have it checked by a competent mechanic whom you know. A lot of things need to be checked , like the clutch and gears, brakes, acceleration, condition of tyres, battery and suspension. It is advisable to check if there were any prior accidents/insurance claims. You may want to check with the RTO office for complaint/unpaid penalty or fin

#88 20-Oct, 2009 11:55 AM
anonymous
Udaya Bose
New Arrival
Hi Pravin Sree, Thanks a lot for all your valuable comments about the Corsa. I own a Corsa 2001 1.4 GLS. It has done 72oookm. Recently I got the front wheel stuck in a rut and had to race the car hard in 1st gear to get out of it. There was not much fuel (10lit.) in the tank. After that incident (about 15 days ago) I find the acceleration affected at low engine speeds and the engine management warning light comes on every now and then. What is the likely problem? I use IFTEX Thanks. Udaya- Vas

#89 20-Oct, 2009 07:39 PM
Pravin
Driven
Hi Udaya, I would recommend that you take your car for a check up at an authorised service centre immediately, since the ECU warning lamp turns on. Revving the engine by itself for a short while should not result in any damage. Since the car is 8 years old, there could be considerable wear and tear, though. Best would be a check-up. All the best, Pravin

#90 30-Nov, 2009 08:49 PM
anonymous
Anirban Chanda
New Arrival
Iam planning to buy an 2004 Corsa Sail, the owner is asking for 1.4K. It has run around 24000.overall engine noise & body looks good.Have driven the car for around 15 kms,just loved it Kindly suggest is it the right price..? Regards Anirban

#91 17-Dec, 2009 02:15 PM
anonymous
Aravindh
New Arrival
Hi Pals, I am planning to buy an used Opel Corsa (2000) that costs 1.4L (negotiable) from car consultants. We have also checked that the car is in good condition. Kindly suggest me whether the cost is good and also suggest me how far we can negotiate. My residing place is Chennai. Also tell me that where to give the car for service and where to get the spare parts. And also tell me how much maintenance cost for year. Regards, Aravindh R.

#92 21-Mar, 2010 12:33 PM
Vinod
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Mar 2010

Posted by PravinSree
Hi Udaya, I would recommend that you take your car for a check up at an authorised service centre immediately, since the ECU warning lamp turns on. Revving the engine by itself for a short while should not result in any damage. Since the car is 8 years old, there could be considerable wear and tear, though. Best would be a check-up. All the best, Pravin

Hi Praveen,

First of all I appreciate the responses that you have given to people. Well Done buddy! .

NOW! last month I saw an OPEL ASTRA 98 , was available for sale , 58 KM done, i drove it , it was really good , everything was good (condition, engine ). I asked how much , they said 98K , i paid immediately and baught. I did not knew the background history in OPEL then.  When I knew that OPEL is discontinued and getting services and spares is an issue, and now u get an opel for a proce of MUD ..  I started cursing myself ... THIS CAR IS A GREAT CAR , NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.. AND I LOVE IT .. after reading your advices , Preveen , that gave me a boost , thinking that buying an OPEL was not a fully wrong decision ... Thanks buddy

#93 21-Apr, 2010 12:49 AM
Aravinda
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Apr 2010

Posted by PravinSree
Dear Friends,

I have written a review on Opel Corsa and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Achtung baby!! Corsa is a capable car 

Thanks.

Hi Pravin,

This is Aravind Bharadwaj. I am planning to buy a Opel Corsa 1.4 GSi 2004 Model@ 1.5 lacs. the car has run for 63000 KM. could you please send me your email address/ contact number so that i would like to speak to you personally before going for the deal?

bharadwaj_blr@yahoo.com

regards,

Aravind

#94 20-May, 2010 01:19 PM
Vishu
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 May 2010

Dear pravinsree some i got got vijay service centre in KR puram to service my opel corsa car is it worth serviced over there becoz my corsa has suffering from temp meter goes up 100 and even beyond that in traffic i feared it could be headgasket failure but some mechanic says its not i m bit worried and  AC also working i thought of going to kr puram pls advice me about it.

#95 05-Oct, 2010 04:41 PM
Sanghamithran
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Oct 2010

I live in chennai, I have been using opel corsa GSI since 2003, If i get good offer i can sell my car

Model 2003 GSI, 5 new tyres, new clutch, New power stearing kit, new suspension done 65000 kms single owner, leather seat, silver colour, neatly maintened with service records.  Maintained by TVS chennai. 

I donot want to sell it, but if i get good deal i can sell it.

#96 05-Oct, 2010 11:32 PM
Sanghamithran
New Arrival

Mr. Praveen can you give me the address and the contact no. of the GM store which is in JC road, B'lore which you have mentioned in your write up.  Because I am in need of AC fan and Shock. 

#97 11-Oct, 2010 07:06 PM
Sandeep
Road-tested
Joined Date: 19 Jul 2010

Hi Mr.Sanghamithran,

I don't have the complete address but have the contact.no. of the GM store located on JC road,B'lore.it is 080- 22271302.I did not have the oppurtunity to visit till now.But i will be visiting next week when i will be leaving my Corsa in workshop to rectify heating problem and inefficient cooling of AC.Do keep me posted on the developments.

#98 11-Oct, 2010 07:07 PM
Sandeep
Road-tested

Posted by Mithran

Mr. Praveen can you give me the address and the contact no. of the GM store which is in JC road, B'lore which you have mentioned in your write up.  Because I am in need of AC fan and Shock. 

Hi Mr.Sanghamithran,

I don't have the complete address but have the contact.no. of the GM store located on JC road,B'lore.it is 080- 22271302.I did not have the oppurtunity to visit till now.But i will be visiting next week when i will be leaving my Corsa in workshop to rectify heating problem and inefficient cooling of AC.Do keep me posted on the developments.

#99 15-Oct, 2010 03:47 PM
Sanghamithran
New Arrival

Hi!

during standing in the sigal or when i move my car in first and second gear i usually get small vibration in my corsa.  when i visited my last visit to chennai TVS they said that sound because of fan.  Last week i give my car for changing of fan.  they called me and said the problem is not with the fan.  They told me to recondition the engine and the cost for the reconditioning would come around 40 to 50 thousad.  apart from the small vibration I dont get anything else and i bought this car in the year of 2003, i am the only person driving this car, i ve done only 66000 kms, from the day one i have been using iftex. 

I guess this could be because of engine bed.

Pls give your suggessions

#100 28-Oct, 2010 07:34 PM
Sanghamithran
New Arrival

Dear all,

Finally the problem in my car was rectified.  A hose in the RPM was not fixed properly.  Today i took my car to KLN motors, chennai they rectified the problem.  I spent not even a single paisa for that problem.

Whereas Sundaram motors chennai asked me to do engine overhaul and the cost they told me was around Rs.50000/-.

Two years back TVS motors chennai forgot to put one bolt in the compressor when they change the belt.

At the time of changing my 5 tyres they forgot to put wheel bold in my car's front wheel bolt

Now this is the problem.

I don’t know the quality of service has come down or to make money do they follow this way.

#101 28-Oct, 2010 09:23 PM
Sandeep
Road-tested

Posted by sandygr8

Hi Mr.Sanghamithran,

#102 30-May, 2012 11:32 AM
Gowtham
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 May 2012

Posted by PravinSree
Hi Ravi, Since the car you bought has all those accessories and also since it came from a dealer, it is bound to be slightly more expensive. As long as the car is mechanically perfect, 2.15L is not unreasonable, I would say. So repent not, and enjoy the German engineering that you have just aquired! Yes, of late I have also had issues with Vijai Motors. Their charges are on the higher side. I now rely on a small mechanic whom I know for repairing my Corsa.

Hello Pravin,

You guys are doing grt job. I boght a CORSA 1.4 a month back. Since I am located in B'lore, could you pls let me know the details of this mechanic whom you have mentioned in your mail so that I can take my car to him for check-up?

Thanx in advance,

#103 07-Jan, 2013 10:15 AM
Sachin Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Jan 2013

Hey Pravin,

I am planning to buy an Opel Corsa 14 GLS, the price that I have got quoted by the seller is 1.5L, and this Car is in a good condition both in maintenance of looks and driving experience. Its a 2003 Feb Model, and has done 49K Kms.

Is this price right? Carwale.com suggests 1.33L to 1.42L for a Good to Excellent condition Opel Corsa GLS model.

Whats your current take on servicing by Bosch, Vijai Motors or Do you suggest any better service center for it ? How about the GM spare part delaer in bangalore, and preferably closer to Marthahalli.

Is it good to buy , as its now 2013 and this model has long been discotinued. May be spare parts would be even less available. How about servicing center expertise and cost?

I talked to Om Sai Motors, Kundanahalli. Verbally, he is quoting a 3-4K for servicing of Opel Car.

Thanks in Advance !!

I would need your response, and would be grateful if its quicker. :P If possible, call me at 9341302240.

and Thanks for your comments to all the queries earlier, That too has been useful.

Last Updated: 07-Jan, 2013 10:17 AM, by MJSachin

Pages : 1234567891011
Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 (8 AM - 9 PM) Toll free