Identifying your location...

Are you from Mumbai?

Yes No

Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Bangalore to Varanasi by road via HYD/NAG/JBL/MIRZAPUR

Pages : 1234567
#31 28-Jan, 2012 01:44 AM
Pankaj Singh
Driven
Joined Date: 0

Thanks for the interest.

I have completed journey this time and back to pune yesterday.

While going I have taken PUNE-AURANGABAD-NAGPUR-SEONI-JABALPUR-MIRZAPUR-VARANASI. - 1450KM

The road conditions on NH7 is really worse from Nagpur till UP border. Not recommended for any type of personal vehicles other than TANKS

While coming back I have taken the longest route but nice road...Varanasi - Jhansi-Udaipur-Ahemadanad-Surat-Mumbai-Pune == 2150 KM

You can call me at +91-9545451142 for latest experiance.

Thanks

-pankaj

0 members liked this post

#32 28-Jan, 2012 10:15 AM
Dirttrack
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jan 2012

Thanks Pankaj for the prompt reply. First let me congratulate you for completing this journey safely. So all the stories we were hearing about the road conditions beyond Nagpur have been validated by you. Last year when we had taken NH7 on route to Patna, the road condition beyond Jabalpur till UP border was not that great, but this time it seems it has deteriorated even further. I guess this time we would be taking the Bangalore-Vijaywada-Kharagpur-Patna route. In case we change our mind last minute and opt for NH7 as our last resort (since it is 450 K.M less than NH2 route) we will touchbase with you. Please let us know the most convenient time to call you. 

Thanks and Warm regards

DirtTrack

#33 10-May, 2012 12:00 PM
P N Rao
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 May 2012

Hi, Pankaj

I from Hyderabad, working in Varanasi. seen your post about B'lore to Varanasi road journey.

great journey. I too always think to go by road to hyderabad. but seing the road conditions of UP I always change the idea of going by road. your post will be helpfull.

recently I travelled from varanasi to sagar(mp) via mirjapur-riwa (by Ritz diesel) road conditions for long was very very bad. while returning we took the Sagar-Jhansi-Kanpur-Allahabad-Varanasi on NH2 was good. It took us 12 hrs.

P.N. Rao

#34 17-May, 2012 12:30 AM
Pankaj Singh
Driven

Mr Rao,

Nice to see your post. Yes the road conditions of UP is really bad now a days. You did good that you have taken NH2 while coming back.

Keep travelling.

Regards

#35 16-Jul, 2012 02:51 PM
Alok
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jul 2012

Thanks for sharing your experiance Pankaj!

I am planning to make a road trip bangalore to varanasi by i10 Petrol during Mid October'12. I would be travelling with my wife and kid. Single hand drive. It is leasure trip so please advice places of stay and  things to see (historic & nature). Pls let me know following:

1. what are the speacial care I need to take.  

2. Places of stay with itinarary.

Thanks,

Alok

#36 16-Jul, 2012 11:02 PM
Pankaj Singh
Driven

Hi Alok,

You can call me on my cell XXXXXXX to discuss.

-pankaj

MODS - Please do not share personal details on the forum. Its against forums rules. Please discuss here itself so that it benefits others as well.

Last Updated: 17-Jul, 2012 09:35 AM, by SolitaireKing

#37 06-Aug, 2012 01:24 PM
Dirttrack
New Arrival

Hello Everybody,
I am planning to take Bangalore- Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Rewa-Mohania-Patna route this October. I had taken the same route last year (June 2011) and found the roads to be quite bad after Nagpur till Varanasi. My car brushed thrice in MP and my back was in bad shape for almost a week after this stretch. The average speed also dropped to 45 Km/hr on this stretch compared to a respectable 65 Km/h on Bangalore-Nagpur section. While returning I took the longer Patna-Kharagpur-Vishakapatnam-Tirupati-Bangalore route and found this route to be comparatively comfortable albeit time consuming. I again took this route to and fro this February and it was just a cruise with better averages (Time and Fuel consumption). However, the NH7 route is still the preferred one subject to road conditions. Also since I might be travelling mid week, I want to clock less hours on the road and get back to my virtual workplace ASAP. 

What is the present road condition beyond Nagpur? It will help if you can give me some additional details on the bad stretches beyond Nagpur especially post monsoon. What would be a realistic target for a sedan like Fiat linea T jet which has a ground clearance of 170mm. 
Regards
DirtTrack

#38 06-Aug, 2012 01:24 PM
Dirttrack
New Arrival

Hello Everybody,
I am planning to take Bangalore- Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Rewa-Mohania-Patna route this October. I had taken the same route last year (June 2011) and found the roads to be quite bad after Nagpur till Varanasi. My car brushed thrice in MP and my back was in bad shape for almost a week after this stretch. The average speed also dropped to 45 Km/hr on this stretch compared to a respectable 65 Km/h on Bangalore-Nagpur section. While returning I took the longer Patna-Kharagpur-Vishakapatnam-Tirupati-Bangalore route and found this route to be comparatively comfortable albeit time consuming. I again took this route to and fro this February and it was just a cruise with better averages (Time and Fuel consumption). However, the NH7 route is still the preferred one subject to road conditions. Also since I might be travelling mid week, I want to clock less hours on the road and get back to my virtual workplace ASAP. 

What is the present road condition beyond Nagpur? It will help if you can give me some additional details on the bad stretches beyond Nagpur especially post monsoon. What would be a realistic target for a sedan like Fiat linea T jet which has a ground clearance of 170mm. 
Regards
DirtTrack

Last Updated: 06-Aug, 2012 01:26 PM, by DirtTrack

#39 16-Jan, 2013 03:59 PM
Nilesh Singh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jan 2013

Hi guys

I am planning a road trip from Mumbai to Varanasi first week of February

I have driven to varanasi before also but by Mumbai Dhule Indore Shivpuri Jhansi Kanpur Allahbad Varanasi

All the stretches on this route were good exceppt the Indore Shivpuri.

It was in bad  condition wuth potholes every 500 meters and with heavy truck traffic.

This time i wss thinking of taking Mumbai Nagpur Varanasi route but looking at ur conversations....i have drop my idea

Plz suggest me hows the route via Indore Bhopal Jhansi.

Awaiting all urs precious reply.

Thankyou.

#40 16-Jan, 2013 04:09 PM
Nilesh Singh
New Arrival

Guys also help me out anybody knows the current condition of NH3 from Indore to Shivpuri

#41 14-Feb, 2013 04:59 PM
Pankaj Singh
Driven

Please take Mumbai, Ahemadabad, Kota, jhansi, Kanpur , varanasi route, it will be 200K extra but the road is very good.

#42 22-Feb, 2013 10:08 AM
Ramesh Bhoominathan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 Feb 2013

njssmart!! I hope you have concluded your journey by now. Actually I was not aware of this forum earlier. I would have sought advice of wise guys and girls doing a yeomen service of putting down their experiences of road travel.

I did the route from Mumbai to Varnasi on 03 Feb 2013 by Qualis. The details are as follows:-

Mumbai to Indore (Night Halt)-Excellent Roads, Four Lane Highway and average speed 70-75 Km/hr

Indore -Jabalpur (Night Halt) (via Bhopal) - Road excellent till Bhopal. From here the problem starts. The National Highway is missing completly. You have to take the local single road - via Hoshangabad-gadarwara-narsingpur- Jabalpur. The last stretch of about 25 Kms took me more than an hour and half.

The next day was the worst from Jabalpur to Varanasi. Route I took was Jabalpur-Katni-Maihar-Rewa-Mirzapur-Varanasi. There is no road as soon as you leave Jabalpur. there are only potholes about a foot or may be more deep and for endless stretch of 20 to 25 Kms. After Katni,  I took direct road to Maihar and the entire stretch of about 70 Kms is in pathetic condition. You have a sense of total helplessness as there is no way to escape this stretch once you get into it.  I was suggested that I should have taken Katni-Barhi-Maihar. But one never knows how this stretch is, as all the roads in MP are in pathetic condtion. I don't know what exactly is the reason, whether apathy of State Government or Central Govt's selective policy of not giving aid to State Govt where they don't have their own party in power.

Furher ahead till Rewa, the road was slightly better but patches of about 10-15 Kms was once again very bad. Thereafter the roads were better and surprisingly UP had better road than MP.

Overall, I had very bad experience from Jabalpur to Varanasi.

I was suggested by the truck driver who brought my luggage that from Indore I should have taken the road to Shivpuri and then followed the road to Allahabad. But someone in this forum has cautioned against this stretch too.

Now I intend to drive to Coimbatore from Varanasi. Any one who has done a trip recently kindly share your route and experience please.

#43 22-Feb, 2013 10:16 AM
Ramesh Bhoominathan
New Arrival

Posted by DirtTrack

Hello Everybody,

Regards
DirtTrack

DirtTrack,

Any update on the road from Varanasi to Bangaore? Which route is best? Grateful if you could share your latest experience please.

#44 22-Feb, 2013 12:29 PM
Dirttrack
New Arrival

Posted by bhoominathan2000

DirtTrack,

Any update on the road from Varanasi to Bangaore? Which route is best? Grateful if you could share your latest experience please.

Hello Bhoominathan2000,

I took the NH5/NH2 (Bangalore-Vishakhapatnam-Kharagpur-Durgapur-Gaya-Patna) route while travelling from Bangalore to Patna this time. I had taken the NH7 route in June 2011. Bangalore to Hyderabad road condition was excellent, Hyderabad to Nagpur good with some bad stretches. Beyond Nagpur till Varanasi the roads were bad, and I am told that it has deterioted even further. 

I would recommend taking NH2 and NH5 route as the road condition is excellent throughout, with good eateries and boarding facilities . You get 4 lane road  till Bangalore, except for a comparatively small stretch between Nayudupeta in A.P and Mulbagal in Karnataka.

Cheers!

DirtTrack

#45 22-Feb, 2013 05:33 PM
Ramesh Bhoominathan
New Arrival

Thanks a lot DirtTrack for your valuable update. When did you do this trip via NH5/NH2? What's the total distance?

#46 22-Feb, 2013 07:25 PM
Nilesh Singh
New Arrival

Guys i have completed to and fro drive from Mumbai to Varanasi. It was very good drive with very few problems.

Mumbai to Bhopal via Indore very good 4 laned road and my average speed was all the way around  80 km per hour.

But after that i took the Sagar route via vidisha and was very bad route till Sagar with approximately 80 kms of road under construction, had a night halt in sagar.

Next day i took Sagar Chatarpur Banda Fatehpur route to reach the NH 2 four laned highway. Sagar to chatarpur was in bad condition with lots of potholes with no sign  of being constructed in near future. Sagar to Fatehpur wss only 2 laned without divider. From Fatehpur to Varanasi it was very good Four laned route.

While coming back i took Varanasi Allahbad Kanpur Jhansi Shivpuri Guna Indore  Mumbai & guess what this the best route to be taken where only Shivpuri to Guna is a bit problematic with some potholes on the stretch where as Shivpuri to Indore in only 2 laned but road is good from Guna to Indore. I started my journey from Varansi around 1 pm and took halt at night around 11 pm somewhere between Jhansi and Shivpuri with alone hotel named Hotel Sai Darbar and i left from there at 5 am and reach Mumbai at 10 pm at night.

#47 22-Feb, 2013 07:28 PM
Ramesh Bhoominathan
New Arrival

Thanks a lot DirtTrack for your valuable update. When did you do this trip via NH5/NH2? What's the total distance?

#48 22-Feb, 2013 07:29 PM
Ramesh Bhoominathan
New Arrival

#49 24-Feb, 2013 11:15 PM
Dirttrack
New Arrival

Posted by bhoominathan2000

Hello Ramesh,

I have taken this route twice since Feb 2012, the latest one being in Oct 2012. It took me 3.5 days to  cover this distance (Bangalore to Patna) via this route at a relatively leisure pace ( sight seeing on route). I never exceeded 80 Kmph during the entire trip. I beleive that this route can be covered in 3 days by some spirited driving, though you will have to cover maximum distance on day1. The total distance via this route is approximately 2500 KM. Let me know if I can help you with any more queries.

Cheers

DirtTrack.

#50 03-Jun, 2013 05:11 PM
Pavan Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 03 Jun 2013

Posted by PankajSingh

Thanks for the interest.

I have completed journey this time and back to pune yesterday.

While going I have taken PUNE-AURANGABAD-NAGPUR-SEONI-JABALPUR-MIRZAPUR-VARANASI. - 1450KM

The road conditions on NH7 is really worse from Nagpur till UP border. Not recommended for any type of personal vehicles other than TANKS

While coming back I have taken the longest route but nice road...Varanasi - Jhansi-Udaipur-Ahemadanad-Surat-Mumbai-Pune == 2150 KM

You can call me at +91-9545451142 for latest experiance.

Thanks

-pankaj

I travelled on NH7 on 23rd/24th May 2013. Not a motarable raod at all from Mirazpur to Jabalpur. Would not advise anyone to travel by this road.

-Pavan

#51 05-Jun, 2013 05:16 AM
Ashutosh Keshri
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Jun 2013

hey man it seems your experience was awsm , i also want to go ,from the same way but waiting for the time and leave.....

#52 12-Nov, 2013 10:16 PM
Ritesh Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Nov 2013

Hi Pankaj,

I am planing for the trip bangalore to varanasi would like to know the good family hotels you stayed during the trip. 

Regards:

Ritesh Kumar

#53 12-Mar, 2014 06:30 PM
Pankaj Singh
Driven

Hi,

Apologies for late reply.

I used to take 1st night stay in HYD at friends house and then 2nd night stay in a hotel in Seoni, MP, I do not remeber the name of hotel, but it was on the old NH7 in center of Seoni near DM's office. ( Now there is a by-pass in Seoni)

-pankaj

#54 13-Mar, 2014 04:34 PM
Sajimon Abraham
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Mar 2014

dear friends 

i have used this route to go from Patna in bihar to kottayam in kerala(2700km) via varanasi, mrzapur, jabalpur, nagpur, hyderabad , banglore, kottayam 6 times up and down. in may 2010 i undertook my first journey with my family of husband wife and two kids and a driver by my maruti 800.The most recent one was in jan 2014. two times i went by 800 one time by a qualis, another time by an innova and two more times by wogon r. the fi8rst time i returned via chennai, nellore vijaywada, bhubhaneshwar, cuttack, jashedpur, ranchi, patna. but it was quite lengthy. right now the condition of road between Mirzapur and jabaqlpur is extremely poor forcing me to travel 150 km extra via kundam, bergi etc. Im planning another journey in may this year by my wagonr and this time i plan to go via gaya, ranchi, guntur,chennai.  

#55 17-May, 2014 10:23 PM
Pankaj Singh
Driven

Dear Friends,

I am planning one trip from PUNE to NOIDA coming week. Please help me get the best road in between. Please also share if any one have already been on this route.

-pankaj

#56 19-May, 2014 10:44 AM
Omkar Thakur
Joined Date: 18 Mar 2013

Hi Pankaj,

you could take the Pune - Indore - Chittorgarh - Ajmer - Gurgaon  -Delhi -noida

The road is in pretty good shape..

'Like' it if you like it !!! _________________________________________________________________ 2003 Cobalt Blue Honda City Vtec, 2008 Red TVS Apache RTR 160, 1998 White Suzuki Inazuma 400, 2000 Black Kinetic Marvel 110 Past : 1996 Silver Yamaha RX135, 1998 Maroon Yamaha RX-Z, 2003 Silver Bajaj Pulsar 150

#57 27-Sep, 2014 01:00 PM
Prem
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Sep 2014
Hi pankaj, We r planning to visit varanasi by our dezire in march 2015. Plz let me know,did u ever travelled by car to this route after 2009? If yes, then when and how is the road condition now? Can u plz also share ur mail or mobile nub, so tht i can get in touch wit u and get more information. Thanks prem 9019654192

#58 25-Feb, 2015 01:34 PM
Dr Dilip
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Feb 2015

hi pankaj, 

any idea about the present condition of the road from nagpur to varanasi ? planning to do a trip from cochin to varanasi in march.thanks in advance 

#59 01-Nov, 2015 11:40 PM
Shashank
New Arrival
Joined Date: 01 Nov 2015
Hi, we have travelled last december in our Innova and we reached Varanasi in 2 days from bangalore while we stopped at jabalpur in our aunts house... The condition of the roads near Just before Adilabad was bad where we had to drive extremely slowly. Once out of Adilabad, the road was really good till Reewa in mp... The roads were bad again from Reewa till UP border... We spent around 3 hours driving on bad roads near Adilabad and similar time duration from Reewa till UP border... The roads between Bangalore to Hyd were good, and the roads in undivided Andhra were really awesome... We drove in the night in Andhra while going before stopping at Jabalpur... While returning we could cover the distance between VNS and Bang in 36 hours non stop (without any halt). Plan to drive again this december... Will update once i am done.
Regards, Shashank

#60 09-Jun, 2016 05:01 PM
Santosh Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 09 Jun 2016

Hi,

i am planning for road from pune to patna and i have two option shown by google maps.

1 . pune -aurangabad-ahmednagar-amravati-nagpur-jabalpur-katni -reewa

2. pune-nashik-indore-bhopal-sagar-damoh-katni--reewa

3. pune-nashik-indore-bhopal-sagar-chatarpur -panna -satna --reewa

please suggest which one should i take interms of road condition as recent in last 3-4 months .

Thanks

santosh kumar

#61 04-Nov, 2016 01:40 PM
Masaroor
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Nov 2016

Hi everyone

I am planning to drive blr to varanasi by car, in google map they are suggesting blr-hyd-ngp-jbl-satna-katni-vns, but i dont know the rd condition, i read pankajsingh article, and sash1310 also but recently any one has done, please update me road condition and halt place, dhabas and restaurants..

thanksCoolCoolCool

Pages : 1234567
Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 (8 AM - 9 PM) Toll free