Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.
Ad

Feedback on Agarwal movers and packers

Pages : 1234
#1 28-Aug, 2009 10:11 PM
Shankar
Long-termer
Joined Date: 17 Aug 2009

Has anyone moved their car using Agarwal movers & packers ? If yes, please provide a feedback on their service/delivery. I read some reviews on mouthshut and it was not  positive.

They finally quoted 14K ( after some bargaining ) to transfer a M-800 vehicle from Bangalore to Kolkata. Shared truck with 3-5 vehicles.

I asked Transworld Intl and they quoted 18K.

Feedback on any other movers & packers would also be appreciated.

I would've really liked to drive down, rather than give my car to anyone, but then the distance is just way too much ...

Like this post
0 members liked this post

#2 28-Aug, 2009 10:40 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

I have used Agarwal packers and movers multiple times, and found them very trust-worthy and process oriented, in a sea of fly-by-night operators. The industry itself is unfortunate, and thrives on cheap labor. The Agarwal workers, however, have a strong ethical mindset all throughout the country irrespective of location, which is commendable. Their quote is generally top-of-the-line, but surely worth it. Some second rung packers and movers, like goel too are very close in service and quality, but you are a bit hesitant because they are not as methodic as agarwal.

No specific experience with car transfers though, that can be filled in by other members.

Like this post

#3 08-May, 2010 10:49 PM
VahanPujari
Best-seller
Joined Date: 31 Oct 2009

I completely agree with Krishna verbatim.

Agarwal Packers & Movers are Trust-worthy, Process-oriented, Reliable & Professional. Surely worth extra monies they quote (compared to small time operators) for the items you're shifting are much much more valuable

Have not used them for car transfer though.

Amit.... "Fiat-Injurious to the health of the Eardrums"
Like this post

#4 30-May, 2010 05:43 PM
Nishant Bhalla
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 May 2010

Agarwal packers and movers, in my opinion and based on my experience today, is an absolute NO NO,,,,,Have sent my household goods and car from Ahmedabad to Mumbai on Friday last and they had committed delivery today. Though I had arrived in Mumbai as per time committed by them, to my surprise, their mumbai office coolly stated that delivery cannot happen today. 

The most distressing part is that I have spoken to their AGM and VP too, but their attitude is as non-chalant as their other staff...now they are even not responding to my call and I stay here stranded at a hotel waiting to be obliged by their delivery as per their convenience.

Like this post

#5 30-May, 2010 06:25 PM
Nishant Bhalla
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 May 2010

Hi Shankar,

Just to add, while searching for feedback on this agency, could find the following post on some website which i suppose would be of help to you. This vouches for my bad experience...

LinkBack
Thumbs down Transport of car by Agarwal movers and packers

I had transported my car INdica from Vizag to Delhi through Agarwal movers and packers (consignment no. GC4076522). They had promised delivery within 7 days. However after 10 days there was no communication from their side. After innumerable tellephone calls I did not get a positive reply as regards the whereabouts of the car. It was reluctantly accepted by the Company that they had damaged the car while transport. The Company was not even apologetic for non-delivery of the car and damage caused to the car. Their representatives in Vizag and delhi also stopped receiving my calls. Again after innumerable number of calls they were reticent as to what action they have taken towards early repair and delivery of the car.
I want to file a complaint with the consumer forum and ask the compant to pay damages for late delivery, damage to the car and inconvenience caused.
Please advice.

Like this post

#6 30-May, 2010 06:40 PM
Krishna

Well, Nishant, can you suggest a better packer and mover? Let us not be just negative, even when the topic of discussionis Agarwal Packer and Movers.

Afterall, the outcome of the discussion should be usable.

Like this post

#7 30-May, 2010 06:55 PM
R Srinivasan
Beloved
Joined Date: 05 Aug 2008

I moved from Bangalore to Pune in 2005 using Agarwal movers. I also had my Santro transported through them. I did not have a good experience. My household goods arrived at Pune on time. But my car was nowhere to be seen for a couple of days. Finally they said it has arrived somewhere near Nigdi (35 kms away from my location at Kondhwa). They said they were wating for a driver. At this point I lost my patience and went to Nigdi at my own expense to collect the car. It was in a horrible condition, with bird droppings and dirt all over it. Rather than fight with these people, I took the car and got it cleaned at my own expense. Fortunately there was no other damage to the car.

The problem is that Agarwal will not transport vehicles along with household goods. They will only transport vehicles separately along with other such vehicles. So there will inevitably be delays.

@Shankar: If you are confident of driving on highways (and only then)  I stongly suggest that you drive your M-800 from Bangalore to Kolkata. Enquire about the state of the roads first -- should be good at this time, just before the monsoon. You can also consider hiring an experienced driver to bring the car (you should travel with him).

I deeply regret my decision not to drive my Santro on such an outstanding highway as Bangalore-Pune. I was thinking why wear out my tyres unnecessarily, etc. But it would have been a much better decision to drive rather than trust these goons with the car.

[ http://in.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=sradhakr1&p=r ] & [ http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0504115 ] & [ http://www.worldscinet.com/ijqi/08/0803/S021974991000640X.html ]
Last Updated: 30-May, 2010 07:07 PM, by rk_srinivasan
Like this post

#8 30-May, 2010 07:34 PM
Krishna

There are several different ways of transporting the vehicle. One, for which they charge a premium, is they will transport the car with the same vehicle that is used for the household belongings. This avoids the consolidation for transport (they are forced to use the same vehicle for point-to-point delivery) and that avoids multiple load/unload cycles with the packages.

Another way is to consolidate the car transport with other cars, through a typical 4-5 cars a truckload, and transport it across the country. This will entail having those 4-5 cars available at the same point of time for transport. Therefore there is a delay, which they cannot commit beforehand (they themselves don't know the status of ongoing bookings).

I have assumed that there will be a day or two of delay from the promised date for all the transporters. They themselves then call up the designated contact phone no. (Typically your old city connection, still alive in roaming mode, or newer connection, if you already have been to the destination point for a while). And then they unload in one afternoon, and vanish.

The generic conclusion from the exercise is, better drive the car yourself, and consign the household belongings through the packer and mover.

Like this post

#9 30-May, 2010 08:11 PM
VahanPujari
Best-seller
Joined Date: 31 Oct 2009

Posted by Krishna

The generic conclusion from the exercise is, better drive the car yourself, and consign the household belongings through the packer and mover.

Thats what I did when I shifted from Ahmedabad to Mumbai in 2005. Transported the luggage thro' Agarwal & driven the car myself. We timed it well. The transport vehicle loaded the luggage previous night & left. We left early next morning. Needless to say that after timing it well with them, both of us - we in our car & the luggage in transport truck reach almost simultaneously at Mumbai.

Another important item is that for Car transport there are dedicated car transporters & I figured its better to use them. These are tyopically guys who transport manufacturer new cars from plant to dealership. As they've always prescribed load, there is no delay of waiting for 4-5 cars to get togather to transport the same destination. Thats what I did when I wanted to sell off my Ford Ikon & sent it from Mumbai to Ahmedabad. Didn't send it thro' Agarwal but sent it thro' one of those Car transporters.

Amit.... "Fiat-Injurious to the health of the Eardrums"
Like this post

#10 30-May, 2010 09:19 PM
R Srinivasan
Beloved
Joined Date: 05 Aug 2008

I believe that the delay in transporting cars by road is not only due to the necessity of having to wait for a load of 4-5 cars.  This is certainly one important reason, but there are also delays at various check points because police are much stricter with checking vehicles and their papers. Obviously safety standards are different when transporting vehicles as compared to household items.  Knowing our country, there will inevitably be some short-cuts by the mover and bribes will have to change hands, and so on.

So I believe that even if one goes with the more costly option of moving car with household items, the end result will be that both will be delayed.

In my case the delay in the delivery of the car proved very costly. I had to pay Rs 400 to the auto driver for taking me to Nigdi (from Kondhwa, where I resided at that time)  to collect the car. I had to pay to get the car cleaned. And the delay of 3-4 days cost me something like Rs 150 per day in up-and-down auto fare to my work spot at Hadapsar.

The option mentioned by VahanPujari seems to make sense, if one has to move the car via road transport. Otherwise, as suggested, either drive the car or hire a driver. But one should be aware that there are pitfalls on our highways too. On a long drive like Bangalore-Kolkata,  the car's suspension and tyres might take a beating on bad stretches with potholes/speed-breakers/stones if sufficient care is not taken. So proper planning is necessary with the route thoroughly analyzed. If hiring a driver, go for one who has already done this route several times.

[ http://in.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=sradhakr1&p=r ] & [ http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0504115 ] & [ http://www.worldscinet.com/ijqi/08/0803/S021974991000640X.html ]
Last Updated: 30-May, 2010 09:27 PM, by rk_srinivasan
Like this post

Pages : 1234
Ask the experts1800 2090 230Mon-Fri (9 AM - 8 PM)
Sat (9 AM - 5:30 PM)
Sun (9 AM - 7 PM)
Toll free
Ad

Only

• 00DAYS
  • 00HRS
  • 00MINS
  • 00SEC

Days To Go!

Official Tyre Partner:

Know More