Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

We won't support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser. Learn More

Ad

oxygen sensor for SX4

#1 13-Oct, 2016 10:47 AM
Himanshu Singh
Best-seller
Joined Date: 09 Apr 2007

Hi friends,

I ran over a flooded underpass during the recent rains in Delhi. My car stopped for once but then restarted after that. However, I got the 'check engine' light glowing post that. I called up my service engineer immediately and according to him, it was nothing to worry and light would go out once the moisture dries up. It did not. But I started seeing the light do go off from time to time. Almost after a month, I insisted on my car getting checked and the scanning revealed that it was due to O2 sensor.

Now the real problem. It is nowhere to be found. The guys at Rohan motors could not get it, I tried in Gurgaon but could not get it and even tried Palika and Kashmiri gate (which I dread because of authenticity) but could not find it anywhere. Reason given was that this part hardly goes wrong.

Now, I am getting less mileage and probably hurting my engine and its catalytic convertor because of this. I have seen videos on how to clean the O2 sensor by sandpaper and it would work just fine.

Has anyone had any experiences with their O2 sensors? If so, can you suggest a place in Delhi NCR where I could get it replaced/repaired?

Any help would be great as I have been running my car like this for nearly 3 months now and I really worry about the effect it might have on my engine.

Like this post
0 members liked this post
#2 15-Oct, 2016 03:50 AM
Mike
Best-seller
Joined Date: 18 Nov 2009

The good news is you are probably not hurting your engine, just your FE.  When an O2 sensor fails the engine computer normally uses a conservative program to protect the engine.  That's pretty standard for any sort of sensor failure.  The down side is less power and lower FE.

I am rather surprised you are having such trouble locating a replacement.  O2 sensor failure is quite common in older or high run vehicles.  I really don't understand why ASC can't get the part.

Like this post
#3 15-Oct, 2016 06:53 AM
Himanshu Singh
Best-seller
Joined Date: 09 Apr 2007

Thanks Mike,I finally got it replaced but from a local repair shop. Not sure about the brand of it (the guy said Kannada) but the check engine light is gone. Next I will get my car serviced wherein I will ask for radiator and petrol tank cleaning and engine decarbonized. Will report after that
I mean Lambada sensor. Not Kannada

Like this post
#4 15-Oct, 2016 02:49 PM
Jayachandran
Legend
Joined Date: 29 Dec 2011

Petrol tank cleaning is important and needs to be done as quickly as possible.

I Go Home in a Ford Ecosport. Believe me it is cheap to learn from others mistakes
Like this post
Buying a new Car?Leave a missed call1800 2090 230(Toll free)

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in