Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Forgot password?
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Sign in with facebook
Sign In with google

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Ad

Repairing Car Keys and Remotes

Pages : 123
#1 22-Jun, 2014 05:51 PM
flip Keys
Long-termer
Joined Date: 18 Apr 2011

It has been 8 years in business of Lock and Keys. I get so many queries related to repairing of car keys and remotes (Special thanks to Carwale.com which has really made me famous Innocent) . Most of the car owners believe in DIY (Do It Yourself) strategy. In order to help and assist them I am starting this thread to share my knowledge and experience with them.

-----------------------------------------

Most of the qeries are for self-procured key shells / Flip Keys which car owner has either bought from eBay, Amazon, Alibaba.com, Aliexpress.com or other Websites and doesn't know How to assemble them.

-----------------------------------------

You can ask any questions related to repairing /assembling these Flip Keys, Remote Keys, Remotes, Repairing Remotes or using components from other keys to make your key work again.

I am a Computer Engineer. I am into Locksmithing business since 2006. My area of interest is Car electronics and security. You may visit my business website: www.flipkeys.in e-mail: yogesh@flipkeys.in FB: FaceBook.com/FlipKeysIndia YouTube: www.youtube.com/harisonkeys
Like this post
0 members liked this post

#2 22-Jun, 2014 06:07 PM
flip Keys
Long-termer

Fiat Punto Line Flip Key Replacement Video

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFeJ5oa4TR4

------------------------------------------

If you have got replacement shell / outer body for Fiat Punto (from some online website) or Linea and struggling to fit that then you can take help of this video to replace the casing by your self.

Here are few tips helpful in fitting this:

• Linea shell has 3 button and can be used in Punto if you are unable to find 2 button flip shell for Punto.
  • Both Linea and Punto has glass transponder. You should be careful in extractring that from your old key as if it breaks, Car will not start.
  • There is screw below Fiat Logo, you need to open that screw to remove old casing. Do not unnecessary pull the key apart as it may damage the circuit.
  • Old key blade can used easily in new shell (see video). No need to go to locksmith for getting the new blade cut

I am a Computer Engineer. I am into Locksmithing business since 2006. My area of interest is Car electronics and security. You may visit my business website: www.flipkeys.in e-mail: yogesh@flipkeys.in FB: FaceBook.com/FlipKeysIndia YouTube: www.youtube.com/harisonkeys
Like this post

#3 25-Jun, 2014 09:48 AM
flip Keys
Long-termer

Chevrolet Cruze Flip Key Replacement Video

Chevrolet Flip Key Replacement

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_Npdbtx80

------------------------------------------

If you have Chevrolet Cruze and its outer body / casing is damaged then you can easily buy a replacement flip key case from some online website and change it own your own.

Like this post

#4 02-Jul, 2014 12:30 PM
flip Keys
Long-termer

Mahindra XUV Flip Key Repair

Mahindra Flip key Repair

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgwVPpHXmvw

--------------------

Mahindra XUV Flip key can be repaired easily by watching this video. The most common problem being fault in spring system. Spring system might get loose with time. You can recoil the spring to give it necessary tension and make it work again.

Like this post

#5 28-Aug, 2014 11:00 AM
flip Keys
Long-termer

We got an oppurtunity to repair Land Rover Flip Key. This key has a sealed casing (You can't even change the battery) and use industrial glue to seal it permanently. You need to break the outer casing to have an access to internal circuit and reuse it ultimately in a new Flip Key Shell.

Land Rover Damaged Key

YouTube Video for repairing this circuit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM6SzJ3e4uE

Youtube link to Land Rover Flip Key Repair

The outer body can be purchased from EBay or Amazon for repairing purpose.

Last Updated: 28-Aug, 2014 11:07 AM, by HarisonKeys
Like this post

#6 01-Feb, 2016 12:14 AM
Ali
Driven
Joined Date: 20 Feb 2010

Hi,

Bought a 2010 Swift Dzire VXi last week. I have got only one key. that key is also not working properly, its uncolcking the car only. Can it be repaired? Moreover, how can i get a duplicate key. I am having the key serial no.

SITARON SE AAGE JAHAN AUR BHI HAIN............
Like this post

#7 01-Feb, 2016 12:35 PM
Himanshu Singh
Best-seller
Joined Date: 09 Apr 2007

Hi Yogesh,

I have a couple of remote remotes for my SX4 (fixed code system I guess). The one that I have been using regularly, recently started malfunctioning i.e. did not open or close every time I press the button. I thought it could be a battery issue and therefore got it changed. However, just a few days later, it stopped working completely. Thankfully, I have the reserve key and remote and am using that. But I don't want to end up in a situation where i loose this one (or it too stops working) and I am left with no remote at all to open or close the car.

Can you advice me on the reasons my first remote has stopped working and how can I repair it (or get it repaired)?

Like this post

#8 01-Feb, 2016 02:53 PM
flip Keys
Long-termer

@Ali

In your Swift, there are 2 possible cause of this malfunction

1. Either Lock Button is faulty, which can be repaired using this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euOLcp-G-Bw
  2. or there is switch in your boot, which gets pressed when you close the boot. Either that switch is not working properly. Open the boot, Find that switch, usually along with boot lock near the rear bumper. Just press & hold that switch with your finger as deep as possible and check Lock button again. Rest of the car should remain closed except the boot. If it works then that button needs to be replaced.

Key can be duplicated by your local locksmith. We are far from you (www.flipkeys.in / Panchkula) so can't make the key.

@Himanshu.Singh

Please send photo of your remote by whatsApp to +91 9876 9999 44 for more details

Like this post

#9 01-Feb, 2016 10:18 PM
Ali
Driven
Joined Date: 20 Feb 2010

Thanks Himanshu, I have checked your suggestion. The remote worked when I pushed down the button in the boot. Please advise further...

SITARON SE AAGE JAHAN AUR BHI HAIN............
Like this post

#10 20-Feb, 2016 07:30 PM
Ekant Babani
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 Feb 2016

Hi

I had a broken front panel on my key, Mahindra Xuv 500. Bought a panel online and assembled it well. Although I am able to open and close the car now, but the car doesnt start. HAve noticed that the ignition lights also dont come on. Using the duplicate now, works pefectly well

Something I may have missed? Please advice

Thank you

Like this post

Pages : 123
Ad

Explore action from the track

Know More

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in